Digby

2020 NBA Offseason

I did not realize that the Horford siblings are total grifters parlaying Al's fame into Twitter-drama stardom. Very funny considering Al is the boring quiet guy! Great content.

IDk.  By all accounts here, Horford was a lazy mope that got his money and mailed it in. Never had his heart into Philly - like he regretted signing before the ink was dry.  We'll see if he flourishes in a different system in a different type of city.  His was the contract that nobody thought the Sixers could get out from under.  Now the basketball people are saying they need to find someone to take Tobias Harris and his max deal.  Supposedly, Simmons + more for Harden is still on the table.

But Philly is the most miserable fanbase in the NBA. That's not untrue.

If Morey can get out of the Harris deal he deserves a medal.

Speaking of Woj, he was told to chill out with tipping picks, but is toying with everybody by tweeting out “[x team] is targeting [x player] at [x pick]”

The NFL had a similar problem a few years ago with Jason La Canfora tipping picks as well.

58 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

But Philly is the most miserable fanbase in the NBA. That's not untrue.

If Morey can get out of the Harris deal he deserves a medal.

That might not be untrue, but they've sold out roughly 120 straight games, so I'd think that any player with any pride would be amped to play in front of a packed house every single night.  Some view that as an opportunity.  Others view it as pressure.  Others don't care because they got paid and just want a Wendy's bacon cheeseburger, biggie fries, and a frosty.

Horford did just fine in Boston; he was just a bad fit on the Sixers roster and is getting old. And maybe his sister got in Twitter fights with Sixers fans, but idk.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Speaking of Woj, he was told to chill out with tipping picks, but is toying with everybody by tweeting out “[x team] is targeting [x player] at [x pick]”

The NFL had a similar problem a few years ago with Jason La Canfora tipping picks as well.

didn’t he do this last year too? If anything with a better thesaurus last year. But Shams is doing the same thing. I don’t get it, does each team have a dedicated guy to text both Woj and Shams a minute early? Why?

7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I don't know anything about Seth Curry but I remember hearing on SPORTS radio that Josh Richardson was the other guy besides Horford that they had to unload in order to have flexibility, and they need anyone that can actually shoot the ball.  Woke up this morning, turned on SPORTS radio whilst cooking my eggs, and there's people getting in line in the cold just to jerk off Daryl Morey for the moves he made last night.  If there's one thing we know, it's that SPORTS radio callers are never wrong, so I'm going to get in that line. Not sure if we each take turns for a minute each until one of us "wins", or if each one completes and then the next in line has to wait.  Guess it could be a long day.

EDIT:  Funny that they hired Morey as 'President of Basketball" or something like that, but kept Elton Brand as GM, and then Morey undid Brand's entire 2019 offseason in one night.  If that's not the equivalent of getting a horrible performance appraisal from your new boss, I don't know what is.  Brand only became the GM because they couldn't find anyone else after the Coangelo-wife-burner-phone scandal.  A placeholder that just kinda stuck.  If the Sixers have to do Covid layoffs, he might be first on the list.

Let's hang another "Offseason Champions" banner to the roof, to go along with the Eagles lineup of "Salary Cap Champions" flags, and the Flyers "Bad Ref Call Champions" flag.  The Phillies can't even win fake pennants! 

43 minutes ago, Digby said:

Seth Curry who is, of course, Doc Rivers's son-in-law.

Did you know Ryan Fitzpatrick went to Harvard?

22 hours ago, GDAWG said:

With Lamelo Ball in Charlotte, we expect Lavar to challenge Michael Jordan one-on-one right?

Oh man please tell me this pick was just Jordan playing the long game to get Lavar on the court and humiliate him.

Michael Jordan's "And I Took That Personally" | Know Your Meme