2020 NBA Offseason

Digby

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge money for Dragic! Good for him.

Enes Kanter can't play in the playoffs. He's lucky there's a market for him.

The Lakers replaced Danny Green and Rajon Rondo (presumably) with Wes Matthews and Denis Schroeder. Not an overwhelming upgrade, but a slight one in total. I think I'd rather have DG than Wes, but Schroeder has way many better days ahead of him than Rondo. If Rondo stays, it's really just icing on the cake.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If Tampa now jumps the line over Seattle for a new or relocated franchise I'll explode.

That's fair and, objectively, I would agree. Seattle's return is long overdue one way or another and shouldn't wait a second longer than it absolutely has to. And it's not like Tampa is going to quite get an OKC-like opportunity in that it's not like they'll be able to fill Amalie with 20,000 people for these games, either. 

I'll just root for Tampa to make the best impression they can under the circumstances, fully aware that, in all likelihood, having Orlando two hours away will still likely keep the NBA out of Tampa on a full-time basis in the end, even if, in my completely biased opinion, Tampa is a better city and location than Orlando is.

spacer.png

Kill me. We lowball our best-ever player but somehow have $30 million a year to throw at an injury-prone player who hasn't had a good year since 2017? Just brilliant moves from MJ and the front office.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Shams Charania on Twitter: "Jae Crowder will sign a three-year, $30M deal with the Suns, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium." / Twitter

Shams Charania on Twitter: "Sources: The NBA and NBPA have agreed that players who elect not to play in 2020-21 season must notify of election by Dec. 1. Players who elect not to play will be prohibited from signing a contract for which 2020-21 season is covered." / Twitter

Shams Charania on Twitter: "Bradley was sold on the Heat’s culture and Pat Riley and Jimmy Butler recruited him to leave Los Angeles, sources said." / Twitter

Shams Charania on Twitter: "Former undrafted two-way player John Konchar has agreed to a four-year, $9M deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, agent Happy Walters tells @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium." / Twitter

Shams Charania on Twitter: "VanVleet's contract includes a player option in the fourth season, sources said. His agency, @ParLay_SE, has done $145M in contracts over last two days." / Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Free agent guard DJ Augustin has agreed to a three-year, $21M deal with Milwaukee, source tells ESPN." / Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Dunn, 26, leaves the Bulls after three seasons. He has developed into one of the league's best defenders, a talent that'll make him a valuable addition to an offensive-minded Hawks team." / Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Harkless turned down more lucrative deals for a chance to play a prominent role with defending Eastern Conference champions -- and re-enter a more cash-flushed free agent marketplace in 2021." / Twitter

Celtics were apparently trying to get a Sign & Trade deal with Indy for Turner, Oladipo or Warren. Since Hayward wanted to go back to Indy. 

Then MJ burst in and said ":censored: that take this money" LOL

MJ has to be one of the worst GMs in the league. He's there because he's MJ, not because he's a competent GM. 

3 hours ago, QCS said:

Kill me. We lowball our best-ever player but somehow have $30 million a year to throw at an injury-prone player who hasn't had a good year since 2017? Just brilliant moves from MJ and the front office.

It's almost like the Hornets traded Kemba Walker to the Celts for a player to named later and that player was Hayward. 

I saw, I came, I left.

Sixers got Dwight Howard to back up Embiid.  I had no idea that dude was still playing - and that he is still only 34.   

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived