Miami Heat City Edition Concept (Update: Court + Jersey Edits)

FinsUp1214

I was thinking recently about options the Heat could take for their City Edition set, now that they have cycled through all of the Vice colors. I figured it'd be fun to give a concept a go, myself. 

As I was exploring some options, I came to really love the idea of an orange uniform; although orange was a secondary/trim color from 1988-1999, the Heat have never worn an orange uniform. I also realized that 1) historical elements of the team's uniform history could mesh well with an orange uniform, and 2) orange would fit thematically as a nod to Miami sunset scenery. The result is the following:

spacer.png

The uniform is, of course, primarily orange and trimmed with red, black, and white. I love the Vice "Miami" script, and wanted to keep it alive here. The inaugural gradient ball returns here as the primary logo of this City Edition campaign, and unlike the inaugural uniforms, the logo would be applied on the shorts in its true gradient form. Finally, the drop shadow numbers return! I think the 80's South Beach vibe that the Heat push with the Vice set is very fun, and I wanted to keep pushing it in some form here, hence the heavy inspiration from the inaugural set. 

I would eventually like to design a whole lot of other assets to go with the uniform in order to illustrate the entire City Edition campaign; the goal is to include a court, warmups, merchandise mockups, social media mockups, and other marketing mockups (posters, billboards, etc.). As I work on and finish those, I will post them here as a series to keep the thread and project going. I'll likely think of new things to mockup as I go!

Any and all C&C would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for viewing!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

This is great! The Heat should definitely explore orange as the teal and pink has somewhat run it's course. I would love to see black and white  unis with this colour palette!

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

Thank you @Tore! I appreciate it! I had been thinking a little bit about potentially making this city edition a 4-year rotation like the Vice campaign, and your comment helped motivate me to go for it!

Here's the concepts for years 2-4:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As always, C&C is greatly appreciated! I'm working on conceptualizing the court, warmups, and other marketing collateral and will post those concepts as they come!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

These are really great and very probable too! Orange and the gradient logo is absolutely marvelous look for the Heat! I hope this is the start of a city edition concepts thread!

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

A pretty great concept you've got here! I think this would make for a great updated primary set, and it restores some life into the current, bland color hierarchy.

The orange jersey here is excellent.

That said, the other jerseys could use some color tweaks. The black jersey would look better with as little white as possible, or at least replacing the white in the Miami script with black. The red jersey should probably just use the same white script as the orange jersey. The white jersey might look good with red numbers with orange drop-shadows, because the black looks a bit muddy there.

It might not be necessary, and it reduces the retro feel, but I'm curious to see the numbers without outlines and with double drop shadows only to closer match the script.

Overall, great work!

I apologize for the delay, everyone! It's been a bit of a crazy couple of weeks (well, a crazy year too of course :P ), but I was able to compile some options for jersey edits, as well as a concept for the court.

First off, the jersey edit options!

spacer.png

And now, the court!

spacer.png

Admittedly, it's the first court I've ever made, so that was new territory for me. Lots of fun, though! The court is semi-inspired by the baseline design of the old Miami Arena, recolored of course into the orange/black/red theme, but the black rows do not continue around the court edge and the retro script serves as the baseline text.

Let me know what you all think! Thank you for viewing!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived