JerseyJimmy

Jerseys in Music Videos

this felt like it needed its own separate thread from movies and TV shows to me. got the idea when I rewatched the video for Toxicity by System of a Down and saw Daron wearing the best LA Kings jersey, fight me about it.

079c15563d7ec6142391b2d6a8a62bbc.png

From "BOP" by Dababy (and in fact the only reason I bothered to watch the video).

spacer.png

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

How can we forget Snoop's "Gin and Juice" video?

5Bz9.gif

The ultimate of jerseys in music videos.

Dallas Cowboys navy blue jersey in the music video No Diggity, song by Black Street, Dr. Dre, and Queen Pen. Dr Dre is wearing an Emmitt Smith Jersey.

Other rap videos have had the Cowboys navy blue jersey in them too, but No Diggity is the most significant because the music video for it released in 1996 and the Cowboys current blue jersey first came in 1996.

Toadies, "Possum Kingdom": Ft. Worth Fire

lisa_umbarger_fort_worth_fire_jersey_pos

2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Dallas Cowboys navy blue jersey in the music video No Diggity, song by Black Street, Dr. Dre, and Queen Pen. Dr Dre is wearing an Emmitt Smith Jersey.

Other rap videos have had the Cowboys navy blue jersey in them too, but No Diggity is the most significant because the music video for it released in 1996 and the Cowboys current blue jersey first came in 1996.

Yeah another great music video the Cowboys jerseys were featured in was the one for "Ms. Jackson" by Outkast. 

Have we forgotten about Everlast rocking the Bird jersey in the Jump Around video?

750x500.jpg

My first thought was every NWA video ever, but this is limited to jerseys. I thought at one point somebody would of worn one at some point, but I guess not. I also found out that Straight Outta Compton used the wrong Raiders (and Sox and Dodgers) hat in the film.

https://slate.com/culture/2015/08/straight-outta-compton-wardrobe-mistakes-why-nwa-s-anachronistic-white-sox-and-dodgers-hats-matter.html

Not sure if they ever made a video, but...

MVpTeTUrD2uAbCBm03-mxKGjgkAFAxd_iJ63OWan c_4nbeDRrCD7Aw7oObSY-QvS8lmyX3iZew41bDer

"Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo" by Bloodhound Gang has their guitarist in the Philadelphia Flyers' alternate jersey of that time: 
nnQ8h2r.png

On 9/12/2020 at 3:06 AM, GriffinM6 said:

Yeah another great music video the Cowboys jerseys were featured in was the one for "Ms. Jackson" by Outkast. 

Speaking of Outkast, Big Boi wears a Lawrence Taylor and a Johnny Bench jersey in the Bombs over Baghdad video.

Dave and AJ Tracey both wear PSG shirts in the Thiago Silva video but it’s kind of the point