Ideal NHL Series by NoE38 Concepts (Vegas up 3/8)

NoE38_Concepts

On 10/9/2020 at 1:27 PM, vtgco said:

This Capitals set is excellent; I can't recall seeing a better concept for them! My only idea would be to put the Winter Classic W logo somewhere (maybe as the fourth jersey logo? Or on the pants instead of the Weagle?) but that's certainly not necessary.

I also really like Boston's fourth jersey with the bear logo and the fun sleeve striping, but it could use a second hem stripe.

I'm not feeling Colorado here. Ditching the black is good and the current logo deserves to replaced but that standalone C logo is too simple to be the primary. Also the color blocking feels really top heavy. What if, instead of blue shoulders, you go with just a blue mountain stripe above the white one?

Anyways, good work here!

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely try out the Avs with the triangle C logo, but I'll probably leave the striping as-is.

Next team up are the Coyotes!

In terms of striping, I definitely prefer the Kachina pattern over anything else, but I prefer the howling coyote logo to the 90s one. I made a simple pattern with the Kachina for the home and away, and made the away jersey sand instead of white. (since this is an Ideal jersey series, the NHL would allow this).

qJwS4M2.png

The heritage jersey is a simplification of their 90s jerseys, while the breakout jersey is based off the Arizona flag, and uses the ray pattern on the upper shoulders.

yGecf3I.png

Thoughts? C&C is appreciated!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Ideal NHL Series by NoE38 Concepts (Arizona up 10/11)
On 10/11/2020 at 10:37 AM, NoE38_Concepts said:

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely try out the Avs with the triangle C logo, but I'll probably leave the striping as-is.

Next team up are the Coyotes!

In terms of striping, I definitely prefer the Kachina pattern over anything else, but I prefer the howling coyote logo to the 90s one. I made a simple pattern with the Kachina for the home and away, and made the away jersey sand instead of white. (since this is an Ideal jersey series, the NHL would allow this).

qJwS4M2.png

The heritage jersey is a simplification of their 90s jerseys, while the breakout jersey is based off the Arizona flag, and uses the ray pattern on the upper shoulders.

yGecf3I.png

Outstanding job! Only thing I'm not a fan of is the paw print logo the Arizona Coyotes currently have. I wish it would go away. I do like how you used the original crescent moon logo without the wordmark. Never made it onto the inaugural uniforms, but was in fact an active logo at the time. Even in the nice brick red color, it is very underused. Good thing for the team's 25th anniversary plans, it will for at least next season be at center ice. The biggest two thumbs up by me is that you prefer the current primary logo staying as is and not going to the Kachina branding as the primary branding (which needs to stay as an alternate one). The breakout jersey I prefer the brick red crescent moon logo over the paw print logo.

• 3 weeks later...

Avs: I figure one thing, I'd like the primary design as an alternate IRL.  Far as here goes, how about the Stadium Series A instead of the CO?

Hawks: I love this take on their old barberpole sweaters.  

CBJ: I didn't really see the Breakout jersey's Chill tribute at first, but I do now.  Subtle...not like the approach I took a few years back.

Blues: tough to improve on something that's already great.  Recalling one of my jerseys when I did several Blues concepts for their 50th anniversary, there are Blues fans who loathe the roundel logo.  I figure the trumpet would've been better received if they need a shoulder crest at all.

Bruins: again tough to improve on near perfection...the heritage is damn good though.\

Habs: great minds think similarly, I see.

Canucks: like with the Blackhawks, the heritage is my favorite of the bunch.  

Caps: I wish I'd thought of the whole set.  

Coyotes: I regret that one time I didn't even attempt to recreate the kachina striping. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

10 hours ago, Discrim said:

Avs: I figure one thing, I'd like the primary design as an alternate IRL.  Far as here goes, how about the Stadium Series A instead of the CO?

CBJ: I didn't really see the Breakout jersey's Chill tribute at first, but I do now.  Subtle...not like the approach I took a few years back.

Blues: tough to improve on something that's already great.  Recalling one of my jerseys when I did several Blues concepts for their 50th anniversary, there are Blues fans who loathe the roundel logo.  I figure the trumpet would've been better received if they need a shoulder crest at all.

Bruins: again tough to improve on near perfection...the heritage is damn good though.\

Coyotes: I regret that one time I didn't even attempt to recreate the kachina striping. 

As a Blues fan, i dig the roundel logo, but not on a shoulder. I feel it is a bit too busy/redundant for that usage. I like the look of the clean shoulders/yoke

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 6:45 PM, cityhockeyfever said:

Outstanding job! Only thing I'm not a fan of is the paw print logo the Arizona Coyotes currently have. I wish it would go away. I do like how you used the original crescent moon logo without the wordmark. Never made it onto the inaugural uniforms, but was in fact an active logo at the time. Even in the nice brick red color, it is very underused. Good thing for the team's 25th anniversary plans, it will for at least next season be at center ice. The biggest two thumbs up by me is that you prefer the current primary logo staying as is and not going to the Kachina branding as the primary branding (which needs to stay as an alternate one). The breakout jersey I prefer the brick red crescent moon logo over the paw print logo.

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely agree that the Kachina should stay as an alternate. To me, it's too dated to work full-time again. As for the paw-print logo, I personally really like it, and wanted to be on at least one of the jerseys.

On 11/5/2020 at 4:41 AM, Discrim said:

Thanks for all the feedback!

On 11/5/2020 at 3:09 PM, PlayGloria said:

As a Blues fan, i dig the roundel logo, but not on a shoulder. I feel it is a bit too busy/redundant for that usage. I like the look of the clean shoulders/yoke

Interesting, I didn't know the trumpet logo wasn't popular. For this series, I decided to give each jersey a shoulder patch, since I'm a pretty big fan of them in general. The trumpet logo was my favourite alternate logo of theirs they've had.

The next team up in this series are the Anaheim Ducks!

I'm not as high on their original jerseys as other people, but I still think they're a good base for a new set. For the home and away, I simplified the original jerseys, and retained the current font. I made two versions of each, one with diagonal striping, and one with traditional striping. I wasn't sure which one was better, I'll let you guys be the judges.

jxgADHc.png

3Dapsxi.png

For the heritage, I traditionalized the jerseys they won the 2007 Stanley Cup in. For the breakout, I went all-out Orange County, with the striping inspired from the flag. It's definitely out there, and I'm pretty sure it won't be that popular lol.

GdgCBvv.png

What do you think? C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Ideal NHL Series by NoE38 Concepts (Anaheim up 11/21)

Next up are the team that should've been before the Ducks (but didn't realize until after the fact), the New Jersey Devils!

The home and away jersey are heavily based on the pre-Adidas set, which I thought was almost their perfect look. All I added was an outline on the yokes to pull the whole set together.

amPjQJW.png

The heritage jersey is mashup of both their green era jerseys, and I decided to put their unused logo on the front for more of a heritage look. The breakout is a black version of their home jersey, with a modified red version of their logo and no yoke.

Qtrfnzi.png

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Ideal NHL Series by NoE38 Concepts (New Jersey up 11/27)
6 minutes ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

Next up are the team that should've been before the Ducks (but didn't realize until after the fact), the New Jersey Devils!

The home and away jersey are heavily based on the pre-Adidas set, which I thought was almost their perfect look. All I added was an outline on the yokes to pull the whole set together.

amPjQJW.png

The heritage jersey is mashup of both their green era jerseys, and I decided to put their unused logo on the front for more of a heritage look. The breakout is a black version of their home jersey, with a modified red version of their logo and no yoke.

Qtrfnzi.png

I almost think the outline on the home yokes is too much. It feels too heavy as it is right now. If the home jersey collar was black, it might not be too much. I like the Heritage and the Breakout jerseys though. Both are fun takes on a pretty conservative identity

Great series so far too, love what you've gotten done so far!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 1 month later...

It's a new year, and hopefully that'll give me the motivation to make these concepts more often. Here are the Flames!

While the Flames new home and away set are absolute miles ahead of what they used to wear, I still am not 100% convinced black should be completely removed from them. This home and away set mixes the best of both worlds IMO.

i7pYvB1.png

The heritage jersey in inspired by the old Calgary Tigers (similar to the Flames' 2011 HC jersey), and the logo comes from another old Calgary team, the Stampeders of the old WHL. The breakout features the first yellow C in Flames history, and striping inspired by the white pedestal jersey (which is, in my very unpopular opinion, their best-looking jersey in their history)

fh0bswI.png

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Ideal NHL Series by NoE38 Concepts (Calgary up 1/5)
On 1/6/2021 at 9:37 AM, jaytavo305 said:

Love the devils look from a few months back. Very strong concepts here, I hope you can get around to finishing this series. 

Thanks for the feedback! I don't have any plans of not finishing this series, though with my schedule it might take some time to complete.

Next up are the Philadelphia Flyers!

The Flyers home and away are timeless, but need some tweaks before I can call them perfect. I got rid of the horrible contrasting nameplates, added black to the hem to match the cuffs, and finally added a thin black line to seperate the yokes from the rest of the jersey.

2EfzSZV.png

The heritage jersey is inspired by the Quakers. I made a Flyers script logo, while thickening the stripes and lessening the amount of them. The Breakout jersey is an all black and orange version of the home and away jerseys.

1HgILc8.png

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Ideal NHL Series by NoE38 Concepts (Philadelphia up 1/7)
  • 2 months later...

After yet another unreasonably long break between posts, I'm back again, with one of my favourite sets of this series!

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS

HOME/AWAY:

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Vegas set when it was unveiled, but it's really grown on me, especially the away. I find the black on the home to makes it cluttered, so I got rid of black completely for the home and away. I also added consisteny to the hem striping, making it match the arm striping more.

JXiyBrR.png

HERITAGE/BREAKOUT:

The heritage jersey combines the looks of the two highest-level teams in the city pre-NHL, the Las Vegas Thunder and Wranglers. The diagonal striping comes from the Thunder, while the sleeve-length striping comes from the Wranglers. The breakout goes full-on VEGAS BABY! The logos are given a neon treatment, and the striping takes inspiration from the iconic "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign, as well as all the neon signs on the Las Vegas Strip.

bf623C1.png

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to Ideal NHL Series by NoE38 Concepts (Vegas up 3/8)

Archived