2020-2021 International Rugby Kits

kiwi_canadian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bonnaroo42 said:

Assuming the amount of provinces in Canada, but knowing logo-speak, it could be something completely random.

13 means the number of players each side plays in Rugby League which compares to 15 players a side in Rugby Union.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

• 3 weeks later...

Romania has unveiled it's newest kit. They are now part of the Macron family who have really taken over the rugby scene as of late.

et4j2mjxiamiemo.jpg?w=1024

I really have no words on that alternate kit but the white one is a pretty clean. Still waiting for Canada to unveil their new kit by Macron. I asked them on twitter and their response was "soon".

The humorous take on the kit by Rugby Shirt Watch

• 2 months later...

Manu Samoa has released a new logo as well as kit:

Logo: SOuCCUyQ_400x400.jpg

Primary:GettyImages-1320396966-630x420.jpg

Secondary: Samoa squad

Old kit for reference:

blk-2019-facebook-samoa-rugby-home-v2.jp

blk-2019-facebook-samoa-rugby-away-v2.jp

Fun fact, my coach here in Edmonton a couple of years ago was a legendary tackler who played for Manu Samoa as well as the Wasps club in London... a guy by the name of Trevor Leota.

A lot of people thought that Nike was leaving rugby with Argentine being the last national team they provided kit for as well as Toulouse but yesterday the Fiji Rugby Union signed a 3 year deal with Nike to provide their kit and training gear. Nike has had some fantastic looking kits with Argentine so lets hope they can duplicate that success with Fiji... who, by the way, are the reigning Olympic rugby 7's champions.

Fiji Rugby Union announce multi-year deal with sportswear giants Nike

On 3/3/2021 at 4:26 PM, kiwi_canadian said:

Romania has unveiled it's newest kit. They are now part of the Macron family who have really taken over the rugby scene as of late.

et4j2mjxiamiemo.jpg?w=1024

I really have no words on that alternate kit but the white one is a pretty clean. Still waiting for Canada to unveil their new kit by Macron. I asked them on twitter and their response was "soon".

The humorous take on the kit by Rugby Shirt Watch

merlin_149768259_3aff1ffc-d3fb-46f9-9f8e

Romania looks like the Nets old city jerseys

• 3 weeks later...

"To mark National Indigenous Peoples Day, Rugby Canada are proud to announce that the training shirts to be worn by Canada’s Men’s and Women’s Sevens Teams in Tokyo will be enhanced with an original Indigenous art design.  The custom Thunderbird design was created by Coast Salish/ Tsadzis Nugwame artist, Bradley Dick (Yuxwelupton Qwal'qaxala).  Rugby Canada athletes and staff support an inclusive sport society; we hope this collaboration will inspire youth in diverse and Indigenous communities across Canada and lay the groundwork for future opportunities."

INDIGENOUS DESIGN TO ADORN TRAINING SHIRTS FOR OLYMPIC TEAMS — Rugby Canada

IndigenousSocial_1920x1080-1500x800.jpg

zzPEfBm.png

On 2021-06-23 at 11:01 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

As mentioned before, Fiji has signed on with Nike to provide their kit for 3 years I think. Anyways, they have just revealed their 7's kit that will be used in the Oceania 7's tournament:

6zeln1ml5x671.jpg?auto=webp&s=695ad846e5

Loved how teal was added, but not digging the striped look itself. I wonder if it's because Nike is about to lose Argentina to Canterbury, so they're recycling refused designs.

23 hours ago, johnrafael said:

Loved how teal was added, but not digging the striped look itself. I wonder if it's because Nike is about to lose Argentina to Canterbury, so they're recycling refused designs.

I don't mind the stripe seeing as its a 7s kit. What I do mind is the possibility of Argentina leaving Nike. All of their kits are a consistent balance of classy home and sleek change, it's a shame that this year's in particular aren't available anywhere online.

On 6/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, steve61 said:

"To mark National Indigenous Peoples Day, Rugby Canada are proud to announce that the training shirts to be worn by Canada’s Men’s and Women’s Sevens Teams in Tokyo will be enhanced with an original Indigenous art design.  The custom Thunderbird design was created by Coast Salish/ Tsadzis Nugwame artist, Bradley Dick (Yuxwelupton Qwal'qaxala).  Rugby Canada athletes and staff support an inclusive sport society; we hope this collaboration will inspire youth in diverse and Indigenous communities across Canada and lay the groundwork for future opportunities."

INDIGENOUS DESIGN TO ADORN TRAINING SHIRTS FOR OLYMPIC TEAMS — Rugby Canada

IndigenousSocial_1920x1080-1500x800.jpg

I'm still waiting for Rugby Canada and Macron to unviel their Olympic, 7's and 15's kits. With all of the switching Canada has done over the last 10 years (Under Armour, Canterbury and now Macron) all off them have been really late in showing off the new kit. Canada's mens XV are set to play Wales on Saturday and there hasnt been any kit reveal at all. This is one of the MANY issues I have with Rugby Canada... the others include the money that's paid to them on their on field performance over the last decade.

Archived