NFL 4 Uniform Redesign 2020 - (12/32) Chiefs & Packers

fouhy12

I'm thinking after I post every team I'll go back through and make corrections. Loving the comments from everyone!

(6/32) New York Giants

I don't have a lot to say about these, they're a pretty classic Giants concept. I'm sure I'm not the only one to post something like these. I kept the blue at home and red on the road while creating a little more connection between the two uniforms and schemes.  

Home

IIPQJ7V.png

Road

rowqmUS.png

Home Alt

lD3hPaf.png

Road Alt

Wigu48t.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate the feedback!

(7/32) New England Patriots

While the uniforms New England wore for the last two decades were far from perfect, they created a brand that was strong and distinctive despite using a common color palette. The new set builds off that brand (logo, helmet, colors) while bringing back elements from the past (shoulder stripes, block font). However, the lack of grey pants and white socks are the two obvious missing elements in a rebranding that came close but missed the mark by a little. Although I like the monochrome navy uniform, navy over grey and white over navy have been the distinctive looks for the Patriots since 2000 and are synonymous with the success of the franchise. The team's history of wearing silver-blue-silver at home dates back to 1993. With my tweaks, New England returns to these looks as the primary home and road uniforms while making small tweaks to create consistency and cohesiveness throughout the design. 

Here's what I changed:

- Grey trim returns to the collar of both uniforms.

- The logo on the sleeve has been replaced by TV numbers.

- A small grey stripe is added on the shoulder between the middle and outside stripes. 

- Grey pants are added.

- White socks are added.

These changes create a better color balance between red and grey throughout the uniforms and ensure that the silver helmet does not stand out from the rest of the set. The TV numbers also replace a redundant logo and serve a function for fans and broadcasters. The grey stroke in the stripe mirrors the grey inner stroke on the numbers on both jerseys. 

Home

vmmoqEQ.png

Road

cE8hnFd.png

Home Alt

gHQKaJS.png

Road Alt

jztmGVW.png

As always, I encourage any critiques and I love feedback!

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I appreciate the feedback!

(7/32) New England Patriots

While the uniforms New England wore for the last two decades were far from perfect, they created a brand that was strong and distinctive despite using a common color palette. The new set builds off that brand (logo, helmet, colors) while bringing back elements from the past (shoulder stripes, block font). However, the lack of grey pants and white socks are the two obvious missing elements in a rebranding that came close but missed the mark by a little. Although I like the monochrome navy uniform, navy over grey and white over navy have been the distinctive looks for the Patriots since 2000 and are synonymous with the success of the franchise. The team's history of wearing silver-blue-silver at home dates back to 1993. With my tweaks, New England returns to these looks as the primary home and road uniforms while making small tweaks to create consistency and cohesiveness throughout the design. 

Here's what I changed:

- Grey trim returns to the collar of both uniforms.

- The logo on the sleeve has been replaced by TV numbers.

- A small grey stripe is added on the shoulder between the middle and outside stripes. 

- Grey pants are added.

- White socks are added.

These changes create a better color balance between red and grey throughout the uniforms and ensure that the silver helmet does not stand out from the rest of the set. The TV numbers also replace a redundant logo and serve a function for fans and broadcasters. The grey stroke in the stripe mirrors the grey inner stroke on the numbers on both jerseys. 

Home

vmmoqEQ.png

Road

cE8hnFd.png

Home Alt

gHQKaJS.png

Road Alt

jztmGVW.png

As always, I encourage any critiques and I love feedback!

Either change the away jersey striping to navy/red/navy or change the silver pants to red/navy/red. It looks strange with both styles right next to one another. I'd also suggest putting silver in between the silver pants stripes, to match the rest of the set, as well as adding navy to the away's collar (basically making it the same as the home's), simply because it's hard to see the silver as is. Otherwise, great work, I'm liking this series a lot.

ExJworW.png

Hey man I had a similar idea but I thought they Patriots should go forward with a white look. So the new uniforms strips are a throwback to the old 1980's Jerseys. I'm a big fan of the idea of combining old and new for the next generation but they went mono chrome. I think they should go all the way with a white helmet and pants for the current set. It would harken back to 2 areas of the Patriots. The colors would be more patriotic, the white would match the new strips better. White and Navy would contrast better and allow the red to really pop. Plus switching  to white helmets lets them wear the throwbacks againspacer.pngspacer.png

@Magic Dynasty Those are actually all little things I'd been tweaking before posting because I couldn't figure out which way to go. I like the idea of a red-navy-red stripe on the silver pants but navy created a better contrast so I went in that direction. I'm definitely willing to make that change, but I didn't like it as much as I expected. When it comes to adding the smaller stripe on the pants, should I go grey, which would match the pants, or white? I agree on the collar, I can change that. Thanks for the comments!

@Roshango I like those! I'm just always partial to keeping the grey since the Bills use red, white, and blue in the same division. It's also been part of their identity for 27 years now, so I'd say it's a key part of their brand now and a big way they differentiate themselves from the other red and blue teams. 

33 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

@Magic Dynasty Those are actually all little things I'd been tweaking before posting because I couldn't figure out which way to go. I like the idea of a red-navy-red stripe on the silver pants but navy created a better contrast so I went in that direction. I'm definitely willing to make that change, but I didn't like it as much as I expected. When it comes to adding the smaller stripe on the pants, should I go grey, which would match the pants, or white? I agree on the collar, I can change that. Thanks for the comments!

Gray would be more more consistent with the rest of the set, but that might make it look like Northwestern stripes (just with all three being the same size) instead of two small stripes separating the outer three. I'd probably go with white, but if silver would look better than that works too.

ExJworW.png

I really like what @Roshango did. Logical fix that makes so much sense to their current brand, I think the only problem with it is the monochrome blue. Snd I think for you, @fouhy12, my only gripe with it is to make the striping more consistent all around. Also am I the only one who thinks they should use a blue/red/blue stripe on the away instead of red/blue/red? That's another problem I have with their current set. 

Just now, jaytavo305 said:

I really like what @Roshango did. Logical fix that makes so much sense to their current brand, I think the only problem with it is the monochrome blue. Snd I think for you, @fouhy12, my only gripe with it is to make the striping more consistent all around. Also am I the only one who thinks they should use a blue/red/blue stripe on the away instead of red/blue/red? That's another problem I have with their current set. 

I've gone back and forth on Red-Blue-Red and Blue-Red-Blue i feel like having the red strip in the middle would pop more if its between the darker navy as opposed to the way it is now where the blue strip is kinda buried. But on the the other hand the red on the outside pops on the whole uniform now that we've seen them in game. I ultimately kept the Red-Blue-Red because my idea was to a suggest a uniform change they can easily transition to without having to change anything with the current jeresy

@fouhy12 I was a little on the fence about removing the sliver from the helmets but i felt it was a natural change now that the jersey strips are no longer sliver, there are hints of sliver still in there, in the numbers and the logo remains the same. I've seen some people experiment with the flying Elvis logo to give it a skin tone face, but no  sliver is still better

(8/32) - Arizona Cardinals

Let's take a trip to the desert! Arizona's current uniforms were bad when they were unveiled, and age has done them no favors. From a helmet that doesn't fit with the set to the piping on the jersey and pants and the shoulder yoke on the white jersey, this set is a train wreck. 

Then, I saw the way Kyler Murray was wearing his uniform and got an idea.

After 'going through the fire,' Arizona Cardinals take flight with Kyler  Murray in Year 2

Ignoring the details of the uniforms, this color combination works well. While non-traditional, white-red-red-white is distinctive and creates a strong brand for the Cardinals. 

With that as my starting point, I got to work. I eliminated black from the color scheme, replacing it instead with a darker red. Grey is added to the palette as well. The sleeves feature the pattern from the Arizona flag as a sublimated pattern. In it's entirety, this concept breaks from tradition without straying too far. These Cardinals are instantly recognizable, but with a unique palette and design.

Home

CWVo93H.png

Road

bRpuEIn.png

Home Alt 1

0dmtSsP.png

Home Alt 2

8SuWudH.png

• for the Jaguars, I’d like to see how a teal jersey/black pants/black socks combo would look. 

• Also, if you haven’t already chosen your next team, can you please fix my Saints? We need the help. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

11 hours ago, Chawls said:

• for the Jaguars, I’d like to see how a teal jersey/black pants/black socks combo would look. 

• Also, if you haven’t already chosen your next team, can you please fix my Saints? We need the help. 

I'll try that combo for Jacksonville!

I've actually started and stopped on the Saints a couple times. I have an idea in my head, but I haven't found the way I want it to work yet. 

On 10/4/2020 at 5:51 PM, fouhy12 said:

I'm thinking after I post every team I'll go back through and make corrections. Loving the comments from everyone!

(6/32) New York Giants

I don't have a lot to say about these, they're a pretty classic Giants concept. I'm sure I'm not the only one to post something like these. I kept the blue at home and red on the road while creating a little more connection between the two uniforms and schemes.  

Home

IIPQJ7V.png

Road

rowqmUS.png

Home Alt

lD3hPaf.png

Road Alt

Wigu48t.png

As a Giants fan, no thank you

(9/32) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Not a lot of changes here! Tampa just about nailed it with the rebrand. I changed the socks to red for the home and road uniforms, and made them black for the all-pewter alternate. The sleeve logo on the white jersey has been changed to the red version. I also added some black to the pewter alternates. That's about it. The new uniforms look amazing on the field.

Trying out a new format here. Let me know what you think!

MZUeWfB.png

On 10/8/2020 at 2:27 PM, Roshango said:

Hey man I had a similar idea but I thought they Patriots should go forward with a white look. So the new uniforms strips are a throwback to the old 1980's Jerseys. I'm a big fan of the idea of combining old and new for the next generation but they went mono chrome. I think they should go all the way with a white helmet and pants for the current set. It would harken back to 2 areas of the Patriots. The colors would be more patriotic, the white would match the new strips better. White and Navy would contrast better and allow the red to really pop. Plus switching  to white helmets lets them wear the throwbacks againspacer.pngspacer.png

a55

• 2 months later...

I'm back! It's been a while, but I've got the Saints ready.

(10/32) - New Orleans Saints

I decided to go in a very different direction than most of this forum for the Saints, mostly for fun. This is a franchise that has tried recently to own monochrome as part of it's identity. Why not lean into it? Here's my take on how the Saints could look if they built the uniforms around monochrome black at home and monochrome white on the road.

FCiKxam.png

The core design element here lies in the finish of the gold color on the jerseys and pants. The color rush uniforms found a way to make the gold on the numbers a metallic finish. I'm taking that and applying it to all the gold on the jerseys and pants.See the source image

The sleeve stripes are replaced with one I've used on a previous concept. Instead of the pattern that is also found in Cleveland, the Saints get a unique stripe with a diamond pattern inspired by the iron railings in the architecture throughout the city. The road uniform is inspired heavily by the color rush, taking the spirit of the uniform and adapting it. A new font, accompanied by a small drop shadow and a thick stroke, matches the feel of the new set. A stripe is added to the socks to match the sleeve and pants, and the stripe on the helmet is made a single color. At home, the white is replaced with black in a uniform that barely features white. Black as the base layer allows the gold to shine and dominate the uniform, and this set is more cohesive than the current all-black set. Gold pants are also an option, with black over gold and white over gold serving as the alternate sets.

I’ve personally never been a fan of the black monochrome look for the Saints, and this really hasn’t changed my mind. I’ll leave it at that.

I understand what your intent is with the sleeve pattern, but wrought ironwork in New Orleans is typically more intricate than what you’ve got here. I think that needs revisiting. I don’t look at that and think about wrought iron at all. I think that design needs to scream “wrought iron” to be effective.

I like the white stormtrooper set and would like to see the same pant striping carried over to the black and gold sets of pants instead of just a single stripe like you have now. 

Finally, I think the number font is just too basic. I’d like to see something closer to what they use on their color rush unis.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived