NFL 4 Uniform Redesign 2020 - (12/32) Chiefs & Packers

fouhy12

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I really posted concepts here, but I've been making more concepts recently as stress relief from the world. It's been about 5 years since I posted NFL stuff here so I'd like to think my skills are a bit better this time around! I finally have enough to share some, so here we go. Some of my rules here:

- 4 uniforms for each team. No more, no less. It's arbitrary, but the first couple teams I made had 4 and I'm going with it. No mixing and matching, there will be exactly 4 uniform sets for each team.

- No restrictions on number of helmets/jerseys/pants/socks. With only 4 total uniforms, this gives me a little flexibility.

- No yoga pants. With the exception of some monochrome looks, pants and socks won't match. White jerseys over dark pants will almost always be paired with striped white socks.

Some teams will be vastly different, most will be somewhat similar to what we see now. I'm doing this in my spare time so I'll be working at my own pace. I'm not going to be making new logos or creating custom fonts or anything like that, and I'm really just doing this for fun. C+C is more than welcome, however!

Teams

Buffalo Bills

Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Chargers

Dallas Cowboys

Jacksonville Jaguars

New York Giants

New England Patriots

Arizona Cardinals

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints Take 2

Kansas City Chiefs

Green Bay Packers

With that said, let's go to my first team! 

(1/32) - Buffalo Bills

My design works as a combination of their current uniforms and the sets from the 90's. I've always loved the red helmet for Buffalo, an the white helmet works well, too. So why not use both?

I've found Buffalo's royal blue and red tend to bleed together at times, so I made sure they don't touch in my design with the exception of the collar on the white jersey. The red helmet is 90's inspired, while the white one takes from today's and removes the navy blue. The sleeve stripes also take from today's uniforms without the navy blue and with alterations to separate red from blue. The numbers are single color, which I think works very well. I've included two combinations with a red helmet and socks to be worn as the primary sets, and two with a white helmet and blue socks as alternates.

Home

spacer.png

Road

spacer.png

Home Alternate

spacer.png

Road Alternate

spacer.png

I've got the Chargers and Rams ready to go. First person to respond picks which one of those I post next!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(2/32) - Los Angeles Rams

Nothing says California like bright sunshine! The Rams embrace the Golden State in style, promoting yellow to the primary color. The design remains traditional, but the new golden home jersey and number font bring some life to this new brand. The alternates are throwback inspired, with blue over yellow at home and all white on the road.

Home

gFkoL9w.png

Road

jzukQWk.png

Home Alternate

LG2Gjoa.png

Road Alternate

cczIR2b.png

Chargers or Falcons next!

@bcon_731 I like royal a lot more for the Bills. They've worn some variation of royal for almost their entire history. A darker blue would make them very similar to New England, which is too close for my liking with them playing in the same division. I like the red jerseys, but I'm sticking with four total combs and I like the white helmet home and road more than the red jersey. White/red/white/red would be the fifth combo.

@Karnage84 Yellow as the primary color has worked really well in Nashville, so I think it can work in pro sports. If there's a city out there that is looking for something new over something traditional, then LA is the place to do it. Plus, with another blue and yellow team playing in the same stadium, I thought it was a good way to differentiate. I do think they'd go white at home a little more often than usual, and I think that's ok. I'm imagining 4 games of yellow, 2 of blue, and 2 of white at home. With a light primary jersey, they would also wear yellow on the road at least once per season and likely more than that. They could conceivably wear yellow on the road for every division game and have enough clash to stand out.

Since we're talking about LA, I think I'll post the Chargers next barring any objections. 

39 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

@bcon_731 I like royal a lot more for the Bills. They've worn some variation of royal for almost their entire history. A darker blue would make them very similar to New England, which is too close for my liking with them playing in the same division. I like the red jerseys, but I'm sticking with four total combs and I like the white helmet home and road more than the red jersey. White/red/white/red would be the fifth combo.

@Karnage84 Yellow as the primary color has worked really well in Nashville, so I think it can work in pro sports. If there's a city out there that is looking for something new over something traditional, then LA is the place to do it. Plus, with another blue and yellow team playing in the same stadium, I thought it was a good way to differentiate. I do think they'd go white at home a little more often than usual, and I think that's ok. I'm imagining 4 games of yellow, 2 of blue, and 2 of white at home. With a light primary jersey, they would also wear yellow on the road at least once per season and likely more than that. They could conceivably wear yellow on the road for every division game and have enough clash to stand out.

Since we're talking about LA, I think I'll post the Chargers next barring any objections. 

You could be right. It does look good and Nashville is a very good example. 

Also agreed on the Bills in royal. 

Los Angeles, part II!

(3/32) - Los Angeles Chargers 

The new uniforms for the Chargers just about nailed things in my opinion. I made a few tweaks and condensed the number of sets to 4. These changes are based on what I've seen from just the one game they've played in them so far, so I may come back to this and make more changes later with time. My first fault is that the new jerseys feel a little too bland. The yellow bolt is hard to see on TV, making the front and back numbers the only design element visible. I fixed this by shifting the bolts up a little on the shoulder to put TV numbers on the sleeves and by adding the team name or nickname above the front numbers on the chest. These two additions should add a little more life to the powder blue and white jerseys. I also made the bolt more visible on the lighter jerseys and pants by placing it on a blue stripe, and the white outline has been removed when used against a darker background. Finally, the modern font stays for the most part. I couldn't find the current font they're using, but I found a similar one and chose to use the nonitalicized version of it. 

I opted for two home and two road uniforms. At home, the Chargers can wear either powder or navy over white. On the road, it's white over white or yellow.

Home

sveyayw.png

Road

puXpPk5.png

Road Alternate 

cPgUoJG.png

Home Alternate 

XlCm9Yo.png

@DouglasQuaid Thanks! That's definitely something I'll consider. I don't want the bolt to get washed out on TV, so I'll see how the current design looks over the next few weeks and go from there.

@HoopsCoach55 It's funny you say that! I actually had that as the stripe and changed it to just blue at the last second. My rationale was that a single stripe matches better with the single colored horns on the sleeves and helmet, and that there was enough yellow through the uniform that it wasn't needed on the pants. I can bring the blue/yellow/blue stripe back if that's the consensus! 

(4/32) - Dallas Cowboys

Time to clean up the Cowboys! Despite having one of the strongest brands in sports, they also have one of the sloppiest. Two different shades of blue, two shades of silver, and black used in some places make it hard to tell what exactly the brand for Dallas is outside of the double-outlined star. We're going back to basics. One shade of blue, a darker royal, and the unique silver-blue used in Dallas for many years make for a color scheme that just works. 

The Cowboys stay white at home, as is tradition. Add in a blue jersey to make the occasional appearance and an alternate white jersey paired with either silver or white pants and you have a consistent brand. The throwback numbers return for all three jerseys, and they're double-outlined on two of them to match the star. I'm not generally a fan of double outlines, but they work for Dallas. 

Home

YM2ifr7.png

Road

xwg1ZAi.png

Alternate 1

OWi02HS.png

Alternate 2

IfQOV6E.png

I'd love to get some more feedback on the Chargers and Cowboys, and I'll add Jacksonville now!

(5/32) - Jacksonville Jaguars

I was inspired by the game the other night and how good Jacksonville looked in all teal. It's certainly not something I expected I'd like, so I decided to try to build around it. I wanted to emphasize teal while heavily featuring black and bringing back gold as a tertiary color. This uniform works as a mix of the first and most recent eras of Jacksonville football. 

I have teal over teal, white over teal, and black over teal as my top 3 combinations. I'll post white over white and teal over white and let you guys decide which one should take the fourth spot in their rotation. I also included a rough mockup of how the uniform would look in play.

Home

fY3tUWb.png

Road

LNZNmp7.png

Alt

6KvufMT.png

Alt 2a

YniPO6U.png

Alt 2b

2WM1V5a.png

Here's roughly how these would look in action: 

OW0cnRm.png

As a Jaguar fan, it's tough to find fault in those uniforms. That's what, I think, the majority of the fanbase would like to see. Since creating the Jaguars Uniform Tracker on Twitter, I see a lot of differing opinions on the number of uniforms this silly franchise has worn. But the majority seem to really love the original look.

I think you did a great job here hearkening back to that era. I think teal/white should always be the primary, but the addition of the teal pants has already proved successful. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

So the general sentiment is teal over white at home and white over teal on the road with black over teal and teal over teal as the alternates? 

@builtbymachines I considered that for sure. I could be open to switching those two for LA if that's how others feel, too. Philly is ready so I can post them next! 

43 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

So the general sentiment is teal over white at home and white over teal on the road with black over teal and teal over teal as the alternates? 

@builtbymachines I considered that for sure. I could be open to switching those two for LA if that's how others feel, too. Philly is ready so I can post them next! 

Although I'm not sure if it's necessary, I'd be interested in seeing some black pants instead of teal, just to replicate that original look a bit more. But like I said, the sets nice as is. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived