MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bmac said:

That's disgusting. Worst World Series logo of all time.

I wouldn't call it disgusting. It's actually playing up the "World" in World Series and I think it's pretty clever. As for worst WS logo? I'd say 2016 takes the cake.

9213__mlb_world_series-primary-2016.png

Bland, boring, nothing special about it.

the user formerly known as cdclt

56 minutes ago, QCS said:

I wouldn't call it disgusting. It's actually playing up the "World" in World Series and I think it's pretty clever. As for worst WS logo? I'd say 2016 takes the cake.

Nope. 2021 is still worse. Ideawise, yeah the new one is better than that. But the execution is where it falls short. The overuse of basic, free fonts with excessively used gradients and shadows to go along with white lettering that has no outline so that where the parts that go outside the ball are barely visible due only to the aformentioned shadowing. It looks like a quick concept someone made in photoshop as merely an idea to refine, but got lazy and just submitted this at the deadline.

1 hour ago, QCS said:

I disagree with this. I fall more in line with what @MNtwins3 suggested in terms of modernizing the '80s-early '90s WS logo. But I think the example you offer here is pretty interesting. I hadn't given it much thought before now, but I actually really like the effect of including just one seam of the baseball into the logo. It's gives you the sense of the shape of the ball without forcing the logo into that shape.

That said, this logo fails to convey the grandeur of the World Series. But it's far from the worse example. 

36 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Getting some real Atlas Shrugged vibes from that new World Series logo.

If there was a "man" (Atlas, the Titan god) with the globe on his back or held up in his arms...sure.

But just a globe with baseball stitches doesn't strike me as a strong connection. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

If there was a man (Atlas, the Titan god) with the globe on his back or held up in his arms...sure.

But just a globe with baseball stitches doesn't strike me as a strong connection. 

World Series lowered on the image, dark and ominous look, MLB's basic approach towards management of its clubs, etc.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

World Series lowered on the image, dark and ominous look, MLB's basic approach towards management of its clubs, etc.

LOL I think you're reading way too much into it. Confirmation bias is a powerful thing. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

If there was a "man" (Atlas, the Titan god) with the globe on his back or held up in his arms...sure.

A WS logo with Atlas holding up a baseball globe could be a cool concept ngl. Don't know if it would actually work, but it sounds cool

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2021 ALCS and NLCS Logos Revealed

March 4, 2021 - 21:19 PM

Major Leage Baseball today officially unveiled the logos for both the 2021 American League and National League Championship Series. As they follow the exact same design style, this unveiling essentially confirms the 2021 World Series logo we saw earlier this week. The league’s announcement of the 2021 ALCS and NLCS

Read More...

Baseballs should never be blue.  If they're going to use the ball then it should look at least a little like the ball.  Messes with my mind when I'm looing at a globe, but then I realize it's a ball, but balls shouldn't be blue (grow up), so what the hell am I looking at anyway?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

Baseballs should never be blue.  If they're going to use the ball then it should look at least a little like the ball.  Messes with my mind when I'm looing at a globe, but then I realize it's a ball, but balls shouldn't be blue (grow up), so what the hell am I looking at anyway?

xfp6bvaogihdamysve3dcfw2w.gif

ej1t8kz53g8z9dxwq8qqvgeu7.gifxfp6bvaogihdamysve3dcfw2w.gif

ej1t8kz53g8z9dxwq8qqvgeu7.gif

11 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

2021 ALCS and NLCS Logos Revealed

March 4, 2021 - 21:19 PM

Major Leage Baseball today officially unveiled the logos for both the 2021 American League and National League Championship Series. As they follow the exact same design style, this unveiling essentially confirms the 2021 World Series logo we saw earlier this week. The league’s announcement of the 2021 ALCS and NLCS

Read More...

Pennants on the LCS logos but not the World Series logo.

Congrats to the NL Champ who beats Boston in the World Series

9 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

xfp6bvaogihdamysve3dcfw2w.gif

ej1t8kz53g8z9dxwq8qqvgeu7.gifxfp6bvaogihdamysve3dcfw2w.gif

ej1t8kz53g8z9dxwq8qqvgeu7.gif

Just because they've done it doesn't make it right.  I could say that people should never kill other people, and you could post a photo of a gruesome murder and it would be the exact same thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived