MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

54 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Note the bold...which season are you talking about? The 2020 season...the first season in the stadium...the inaugural season? 

The first pitch, first hit, first strikeout, first HR have already occurred in the stadium at a Major League level in regular season games. An inaugural season isn't based on who is in attendance but rather the events that occur, notably real games. 

2021 isn't the inaugural season for the stadium. An inaugural season isn't defined as "A season where we can sell merchandise to fans in attendance". There have probably been more Phillies and Braves fans than Marlins fans in attendance at Marlins Park since it opened, and yet its inaugural season was still years ago. 

And you can go back and edit the size of the photo instead of "welp hey maybe next time."

Your two mouse wheel rolls on a page that is now passed and unlikely to be visited again have been saved.

The definition of "inaugural" objectively doesn't matter.   It's what the Rangers are doing that's the question.   They could just swap "inaugural" for "opening" or keep wearing them like nothing happened.   I'm just asking what the team is doing, not whether or not the team is right in doing what is still a hypothetical.   It's not out of the realm of possibility.

11 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Do the Mariners have a two-toned batting helmet anymore?

Also, is there a matte/satin helmet in MLB that is two-toned?

I swear I've seen a matte white panel helmet.   O's, Nats, or a Twins catcher?

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I swear I've seen a matte white panel helmet.   O's, Nats, or a Twins catcher?

You're right - O's helmets are matte (both white-panel and black)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, MJD7 said:

According to UniWatch, the Mariners will now be wearing the teal-brimmed cap with their navy jerseys.

If only they’d make the switch to wearing that cap with every jersey.

There was a rumor at some point recently that the Mariners were going to lean more into the forest green (I'm still reluctant to refer to that color as teal). Mostly likely in conjunction with the Nike templates. 

2 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

That exact jersey? Absolutely not. It's ugly.

A jersey with that shade of blue? Hell yes!

Why? What’s wrong with this? A little simple but the color is so great. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

spacer.png

The M leans too much to the left, it would look better on the opposite side....but then would look goofy being on the other side since the logo is always on left side.

Just put Marlins on the front and perfection.

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I'd say it's more than a little simple. It doesn't have much going for it aside from the shade of blue, which is why I think most people are drawn to it. No front number, piping is minimal, and I don't think that particular logo is suitable for this kind of jersey. And there's something muddy about the white border in addition to the red and blue double outlines of the black M.

A wordmark version would be a major improvement.

So I saw this and I realized two things:

Gxla9LK.png

1. Stop doing same color matchups. I don't care if it's Spring Training, it's just stupid.

2. Tigers and Yankees need to lighten the shade of navy. The navy looked way too close to black and this was in the Florida sun.

bSLCtu2.png

52 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Gxla9LK.png

1. Stop doing same color matchups. I don't care if it's Spring Training, it's just stupid.

2. Tigers and Yankees need to lighten the shade of navy. The navy looked way too close to black and this was in the Florida sun.

I grew up in NY as a Mets fan and until I was maybe 10-11 I thought the Yankees colors were black and white. This was in the late 80s and right before the boom of starter jackets and etc where the quality and production got better where I was able to see that it was just a really dark navy blue. 

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Gxla9LK.png

1 - That would mean teams should have two spring training uniforms to avoid this except for teams who can have an alt that isn't shared by anyone else (COL-purple, OAK-green, etc.) It is another merch opportunity though. Or one team just wears their standard home whites, which is a thing too.

2 - Same. Always thought it was black until I must have seen an actual Yankees cap in person and noticed it wasn't all the way black. Probably merchandising and logo helped me differentiate the colors

Go A's!

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Gxla9LK.png

Tigers should put orange in their home uniforms to avoid looking a complete “Yankees-ripoff”.  They look much the Yankees without pinstripes.
This matchup is so stupid. Who will recognize which is Yankees or the Tigers unless they saw the logos/wordmarks. 

I wonder why they don’t just put a tiger logo in left sleeve.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

37 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

1 - That would mean teams should have two spring training uniforms to avoid this except for teams who can have an alt that isn't shared by anyone else (COL-purple, OAK-green, etc.) It is another merch opportunity though. Or one team just wears their standard home whites, which is a thing too.

2 - Same. Always thought it was black until I must have seen an actual Yankees cap in person and noticed it wasn't all the way black. Probably merchandising and logo helped me differentiate the colors

Funnily enough, the Yankees have had two for a long time, one with the logo on the chest for home and one with "NEW YORK" for the road.   Being out of market now and baseball packages only having regular season games I haven't gotten to see Spring Training in two years, but they also always wore pinstripes at home in the past (the two navy jerseys being their BP sets.   But with navy on the road, that doesn't help this setup.

It would be easily solved by home whites at home and colored alts on the road, but teams want to sell their alts more.   Of course, in the end, it's Spring Training and nobody really cares.  For the majority of the time players aren't even playing the full games.

22 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

Tigers should put orange in their home uniforms to avoid looking a complete “Yankees-ripoff”.  They look much the Yankees without pinstripes.
This matchup is so stupid. Who will recognize which is Yankees or the Tigers unless they saw the logos/wordmarks. 

The Tigers put their current D on the chest in 1904.   The Highlanders put an interlocking NY there in 1905 for one year and it didn't come back until they more or less debuted their modern look in 1912 right before becoming the Yankees full time.  I wouldn't want the Tigers to mess up their look even more than they did by changing the D.   Orange stripes on the socks are as far as I'd go, although I suppose if they reintroduce a Tiger into their logo like was rumored a sleeve patch of that would be a way to introduce a splash of the color without completely ruining an iconic look.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

I wonder why they don’t just put a tiger logo in left sleeve.

Well the fact one has pinstripes and the other doesn’t is a pretty big difference. Also the tigers shouldn’t have to change their uniform considering their design is actually older than the Yankees.

55 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well the fact one has pinstripes and the other doesn’t is a pretty big difference. Also the tigers shouldn’t have to change their uniform considering their design is actually older than the Yankees.

Neither should have to change considering this issue literally only comes up in spring training

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 minute ago, MNtwins3 said:

Neither should have to change considering this issue literally only comes up in spring training

That's the main thrust of all this.   Is it stupid?   Yeah.   But it's happening during what is essentially practice, so nobody cares enough to fix it.

Now red-vs-red matchups during the season, that's an abomination.

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Why hasn’t the team even mentioned anything? This photo came up in a search after I noticed one of the local stores have what’s apparently the on-field cap.

I much prefer the gold accented uniforms rather than the full on gold scripts. It allowed the team to still bear a strong resemblance to their regular uniforms, just with a small touch to commemorate the championship.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anything else looks weird and over the top. The Cubs looked good from the front but check out the back:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The only one that kinda worked was Kansas City because it fit their aesthetic.

spacer.png

Archived