MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

"You're all being dramatic," they said, smugly.  "They're just wearing them for a series. It's not like they're going to be their full time uniforms," they exclaimed, ignoring every other one-off alternate that became the de facto primary jersey.

I swear I don't know how some of you people survive a week with how gullible you are.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/09/23/red-sox-yellow-blue-city-connect-uniforms-mlb-playoffs/

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MDGP said:

"You're all being dramatic," they said, smugly.  "They're just wearing them for a series. It's not like they're going to be their full time uniforms," they exclaimed, ignoring every other one-off alternate that became the de facto primary jersey.

I swear I don't know how some of you people survive a week with how gullible you are.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/09/23/red-sox-yellow-blue-city-connect-uniforms-mlb-playoffs/

So crazy that these uniforms magically gave them the ability to sweep a team that's 40 games back of them in the standings.

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

1 hour ago, MDGP said:

I hope they lose by 10+ runs in the wild card game.

Globe is on the case too. Mostly with more player quotes who are leaning into the superstition of it, so maybe we can blame them instead of Nike and the team marketing department. Choice quote from Xander Bogaerts:

“I know it’s not white and red. I know we’re not the Yellow Sox. But we need wins right now,” said shortstop Xander Bogaerts. “So if it’s yellow, it’s yellow.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/09/23/sports/its-almost-like-these-uniforms-give-these-guys-superpowers-how-red-sox-went-yellow/

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

If you're gonna do it, do it right: full-time Montreal Expos switching places with the Marlins to keep East Coast scum coming to Florida and one Canadian team in each league. I miss Cubs-Expos games. I don't think it'll happen, though. Florida will cough up the money.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I can't lie, I'm sad for the hardcore Rays fans getting :censored:ed by Stu even though it means a second Canadian MLB team. This is basically the same stunt Loria pulled to move the original Expos to Washington, only instead of purposefully tanking the team, it's a cheapass owner deciding to try and make money off of playing in two cities instead of just one.

Like seriously, if Stu wants to move to MTL so badly, just :censored:ing go all-in. At least then you're not pissing off two fanbases with a team that pussyfoots around being in either market.

I have to wonder if this half-and-half garbage is because the Rays' lawyers found they couldn't legally fully break the Trop's lease until 2028 or whenever the god-awful contract is up. Obviously the Rays just want to move and the instant this is officially announced you can kiss Tampa Bay baseball goodbye.

the user formerly known as cdclt

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

If you're gonna do it, do it right: full-time Montreal Expos switching places with the Marlins to keep East Coast scum coming to Florida and one Canadian team in each league. I miss Cubs-Expos games. I don't think it'll happen, though. Florida will cough up the money.

I know you aren't making a serious proposal or anything, but do you actually think having the Marlins abandon a ballpark that's only ten years old warrants a second of consideration?

No, I was just saying Miami would switch to the American League and assume Tampa's spot, but no, I don't think any of this Montreal nonsense will come to pass. MLB had a mission to kill baseball there and succeeded.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

38 minutes ago, the admiral said:

No, I was just saying Miami would switch to the American League and assume Tampa's spot, but no, I don't think any of this Montreal nonsense will come to pass. MLB had a mission to kill baseball there and succeeded.

Oh, gotcha. Moving the Marlins to the AL East would be interesting, though. They would get a modest revenue boost but it would probably make it harder for them to build a winning culture unless they quite literally model themselves after the Rays.

17 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I can't lie, I'm sad for the hardcore Rays fans getting :censored:ed by Stu even though it means a second Canadian MLB team. This is basically the same stunt Loria pulled to move the original Expos to Washington, only instead of purposefully tanking the team, it's a cheapass owner deciding to try and make money off of playing in two cities instead of just one.

Like seriously, if Stu wants to move to MTL so badly, just :censored:ing go all-in. At least then you're not pissing off two fanbases with a team that pussyfoots around being in either market.

I hate relocation with a passion.   But as much as I feel for the Rays fans, the market hasn’t done anything to demonstrate that they can support a team, even a good one, even a great one.

Best to just rip off the bandaid and put them somewhere they can thrive.  Is that Montreal?  I don’t know.  But it isn’t Tampa Bay. 

Archived