MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

21 hours ago, Digby said:

Today they actually did run the Boston Marathon, six months late due to Covid. Between that and the resurgence of that uni in September and the supposed special dispensation to wear them in the postseason, seems surprising, wonder why the team enthusiasm for them from 3 weeks ago suddenly evaporated. Not that I mind!

They actually don't have the uniforms for the entire team anymore. Much of the City Connect gear has been autographed and given away/sold by the team according to Alex Cora.  They do not have enough left to outfit the whole team.

53 minutes ago, CON40 said:

They actually don't have the uniforms for the entire team anymore. Much of the City Connect gear has been autographed and given away/sold by the team according to Alex Cora.  They do not have enough left to outfit the whole team.

Thank God

On 10/11/2021 at 9:14 PM, Gothamite said:

That’s not even remotely clear. 

I’ve been skeptical about the potential replacements, but while they might fail Tampa Bay has already failed.  There’s a huge difference there. 

Montreal has already failed too. Nashville and Portland are a huge risk that could end up far worse than TB. Vegas is the best candidate but is likely earmarked for the A’s. 

Realistically we should stop saying Tampa Bay is a failed market and talk about St Pete vs Tampa.

10 hours ago, JTernup said:

Montreal has already failed too. Nashville and Portland are a huge risk that could end up far worse than TB. Vegas is the best candidate but is likely earmarked for the A’s. 

Realistically we should stop saying Tampa Bay is a failed market and talk about St Pete vs Tampa.

Montreal didn’t fail until after the fire sale that took away fan support. Montreal had good attendance until then. The Rays have never had that even when they were one of the best teams in baseball. The area just hasn’t supported them. The other to locations are risks, but like has already been said why not risk getting some success versus sinking more costs into a market that has already shown to not support the team. Only the most stubborn of people would go with that option.

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

You do know Montreal would be getting The Rays -- a team that IS A CONSTANT FIRE SALE.

Yeah, but unlike every other team that takes the fire sale route, the Rays have a front office that does it successfully year in and year out. They are unequivocally the best organization at retooling. They would probably run away with the NL East if they did in fact switch leagues.

I don't remember what the Dodgers wore for the first two games of this series, but while I'm generally pretty ambivalent about whether they wear the "Los Angeles" road jerseys or the "Dodgers" road jerseys in most cases, it really feels to me that they should usually wear the "Los Angeles" ones when in San Francisco, and especially in a game with the magnitude of this one.

1 minute ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I don't remember what the Dodgers wore for the first two games of this series, but while I'm generally pretty ambivalent about whether they wear the "Los Angeles" road jerseys or the "Dodgers" road jerseys in most cases, it really feels to me that they should usually wear the "Los Angeles" ones when in San Francisco, and especially in a game with the magnitude of this one.

I get the historical significance of both jerseys (i.e., the many years with “Dodgers” on the road uniforms in both Brooklyn and Los Angeles) and both are good looks, but I do slightly prefer the city name shirts.

I kinda wish the team would bring back the vintage trim on an alternate.

spacer.png

That’d be cool.

On 10/13/2021 at 8:26 AM, JTernup said:

No matter how low the attendance is in oakland they won't give up bay area tv revenue for vegas for a free air conditioned warehouse in vegas full of people.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, dont care said:

Montreal didn’t fail until after the fire sale that took away fan support. Montreal had good attendance until then.

I was watching a Braves-Expos game from like 1993 where they were talking about how Montreal's attendance had to get better. I think by the mid-1980s, the cracks were already starting to form. It wasn't like the Nordiques where the market did everything right but be American, they'd been shy of league-average attendance for years.

40 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I was watching a Braves-Expos game from like 1993 where they were talking about how Montreal's attendance had to get better. I think by the mid-1980s, the cracks were already starting to form. It wasn't like the Nordiques where the market did everything right but be American, they'd been shy of league-average attendance for years.

The Expos were doomed the minute Bronfman sold the team.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:42 AM, dont care said:

While still being constantly successful is the difference. The rays have been a good team with virtually no fan support to show for it

Except for their first year when they drew 2.5 million.

Unfortunately they moved the stadium right after that season [/sarcasm]

23 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Except for their first year when they drew 2.5 million.

Unfortunately they moved the stadium right after that season [/sarcasm]

What kind of teleportation are we talking about here? Is it the Portal kind or the transporter kid?

WindingEvenJuliabutterfly-size_restricte