MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Just because they've done it doesn't make it right.  I could say that people should never kill other people, and you could post a photo of a gruesome murder and it would be the exact same thing.

Are you comparing a navy blue baseball in a world series logo to people murdering each other?

I didn't even disagree or agree, I just posted the logos. The 2005 logo would've looked better if it was a white ball (withnavy grid lines instead of green)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always felt that this was perfect:

1200px-1996_World_Series_logo.svg.png

The same way this was perfect:

200?cb=20170223123254

Though I'm noticing both of those are cursive writing in an increasingly cursive-less world. That probably has a lot to do with it, huh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

ICUC1ej.gif

Always liked this one, somehow evokes playing catch in the backyard with dad.

I love that one too.....my only problem with it was how light the actual colors looked on the sleeve patches during the games. 

That Series really was a Fall Classic. 

4 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

ICUC1ej.gif

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

1200px-2008_World_Series_logo.svg.png

I really miss the 2008-2011 World Series logos where they went all in on the "Fall Classic" motif. Every logo in that era was autumnal colored and had leaves in the logo. Great fonts, and not any terrible looks. Kinda wish they would go back to it

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

These last two pages just make me appreciate the NFL's logo system even more.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love autumnal logos for the World Series, but writing out "Fall Classic" feels like gilding the lily, or the oak leaf, as the case may be. Anyway, those mid-2000s X-gamesy World Series logos were atrocious. 

hghqhgnogmhxbiwjw20w5c5cw.gif

bad bad bad bad bad! Such an important World Series (even if it was a fait accompli after the ALCS) and it's marred by that terrible logo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

I love autumnal logos for the World Series, but writing out "Fall Classic" feels like gilding the lily, or the oak leaf, as the case may be. Anyway, those mid-2000s X-gamesy World Series logos were atrocious. 

bad bad bad bad bad! Such an important World Series (even if it was a fait accompli after the ALCS) and it's marred by that terrible logo.

I actually like that, looks kinda futuristic.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

Nah, it was marred by a failed video game company.

I saw, I came, I left.

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

That logo was more of it's time than anything. Back then the trend from like 2004 to 2007 was a futuristic look with lots of gloss and chrome. Everything looked like this.

640?cb=20130618065339

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

That logo was more of it's time than anything. Back then the trend from like 2004 to 2007 was a futuristic look with lots of gloss and chrome. Everything looked like this.

Everything is chrome in the future!

On 3/6/2021 at 12:11 AM, BBTV said:

If anything, it makes me hate the NFL more. I don't think I would mind the standard logo system if it wasn't so boring and uninspiring. The same goes for the current NBA Finals logo. Stanley Cup has had a standard logo for a decade but it's always been visually interesting. 

XM4KeeA.png

7 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I actually like that, looks kinda futuristic.

Why is the globe skewed and stretched? It's like italicizing the Alamo! Come on, fellas, you're losing your heads!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 3/5/2021 at 12:06 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I always felt that this was perfect:

1200px-1996_World_Series_logo.svg.png

The same way this was perfect:

200?cb=20170223123254

Though I'm noticing both of those are cursive writing in an increasingly cursive-less world. That probably has a lot to do with it, huh.

I think both of these are arguments in favor of a 'system'.  The NBA Finals logo is almost universally loved and looked at as a very classy mark that people used to look forward to seeing every year, and that WS mark (or something similar) could have been similar.  Save all the one-off logos for one-off events, and keep the grandest stage looking as important as you can.  Both of these logos do a good job of that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/5/2021 at 11:11 PM, BBTV said:

MLB should have the NFL's system and vice versa. The Super Bowl being at a predetermined site means the logos miss out on all the localized imagery that made them so distinct.

Archived