MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The absolute best.

hE4lkDa.png

This was the first World Series to feature a special sleeve patch. I always found it interesting they used the “Battle of the Bay” logo as opposed to the normal one. Makes me wonder if a patch would’ve existed had a Bay Series never happened. 

XM4KeeA.png

9 minutes ago, insert name said:

This was the first World Series to feature a special sleeve patch. I always found it interesting they used the “Battle of the Bay” logo as opposed to the normal one. Makes me wonder if a patch would’ve existed had a Bay Series never happened. 

Pretty sure if it was the Blue Jays and the Cubs in the '89 World Series, a regular patch that was a continuation of the late 80s' look would have been made. The Battle of the Bay was a special contingency option. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The pennant looks really stupid.  If it was fully extended, the 19 and 89 would be like 3 feet apart.  That's also one of the worst scripts I've ever seen.  What the hell is up with that d?  The W and d both show parts that pass in front of the letters (or behind), but none of the others.  Shouldn't the loop in the l be in that style too?

It's easily the worst WS logo of that era.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Possible leak of the new Nike template

If that's what they go with, then it's a lot more tame than I expected. Thank God the perforation on the numbers isn't translucent like it is on the college numbers. It's much more reminiscent of the NHL numbers. Also, it's interesting that they have non-contrasting piping around the neck. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Looking at all of the World Series logos, I think the the 80s MLB logo was super,

q15c1uaho1fdfbqrm77yq41xf.gif

transcended only by the mid-90s one:

cq9sfqdmmc428s2gm0t1pzdm8.gif

(with this nice bridge in between the two):

7e47g45pcokdahg4dhlkolt5e.gif

I'd be happy with either of the top two being the de facto standard moving forward in large part because they're both nice and their repetition built some nice brand equity. While there are some nice logos in the 2000s and 2010s, their one-off nature makes them feel less-than.

Of course, this avoids the obvious point that MLB peaked in 1977:

vmd5wcl37jjzauhp264ejup18.gif

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Possible leak of the new Nike template

The sleeve patch on the new template looks really cheap...but it might be the way on all the current ST unis.

Interesting that it looks like they're going to more of a cuff look.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/9/2021 at 11:20 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

So I've noticed 3 additional Spring Training/Batting Practice/warmup tops for my team this spring not including the usual ST/BP jerseys. This means there are four options now? Anyone else notice this for other teams or anyone know where we can see a collection of these other options?

Here they are...

First here's their usual ST/BP (buttoned down blue jersey, cap logo on chest, black blue red sleeve piping, name and number on back)...

Here are two more in the same pic, black with blue sleeve and collar trim and the cap logo on the chest, and black with blue raglan sleeves with wordmark across chest...

And this final one needs a few pics to show the details, still couldn't find a clearer shot (solid blue tops, no piping or trim, no name or number on back, number on the left sleeve instead, the alternate "fish only" BP cap logo on the chest)

ImageImage

The short-sleeve black top is on fanatics listed as a jacket

1. World Series logos need to be designed knowing they're going to be a patch. Something can look really good as a logo, but fail as a patch.

2. Just because nike offers perforated numbers does not mean all teams will use them. Look at NHL, adidas offers it but not all teams use it.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived