MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

hate the tail that doesn't connect to the script.  The opening on the left is too wide too.  It really only resembles a traditional baseball script by the barest of threads.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DouglasQuaid said:

These are amazing! They desperately need to fix the home set and use the updated retro script with pinstripes.

spacer.png

The Twins really need to just go back to the metrodome unis. They really haven't looked right since they ditched them.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

hate the tail that doesn't connect to the script.  The opening on the left is too wide too.  It really only resembles a traditional baseball script by the barest of threads.

I couldn’t agree more.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/26/2021 at 6:34 PM, BBTV said:

I don't see any issue with a team named the Royals wearing gold.  They should have had it on their uniforms a long time ago.

I might scale it back though - keep it on the number and lose it from the script.  Or make the number blue again and use the gold trim on both script and number.

The thing is their classic look is so good and clean and beautiful.  Much like the Mets, Braves, Cardinals, and Red Sox homes I'm fine with them experimenting elsewhere as long as the old classics are still the primary home uniform.

Some may say that's because it's ripping off another classic look, but that still leaves it looking great.

On 3/30/2021 at 5:18 PM, LA_Angels said:

I'm sure its been said before, but I don't mind if they wear them max 10-15 times a year. Anything more than that is diverting too far from the Mets visual identity IMO. With the Nike Influenced doomsday (probably) on the horizon I can see this getting out of hand quick. I'm praying that the MLB doesn't turn into an NBA-esq disaster.  

The black era was a... well... black spot on the franchise because they're beautiful homes were effected.   It bled everywhere.   If it can be contained, it can be okay.

In all this talk I've been thinking about what makes the black uniforms themselves not look too bad.   And I realized that it has a neon aesthetic to it.   It reminds me of the top of the Shea Stadium scoreboard which now sits over Shake Shack and Blue Smoke in Citi Field

the-neon-skyline-of-new-york-on-the-scoreboard-in-shea-stadium-21-picture-id51720263?s=594x594

5683853311_55b914986a_o.png

But that led to another realization.   All the talk over the last two identities of the Marlins going black-first in their jerseys and caps in an attempt to emulate the neon of Miami and the Mets backed into a neon look.

It think the difference between the two is actually the extra colors.   Going a barely distinguishable blue for the lettering and two brighter colors for the outline makes it stand out and emulates the varying shades and shadows created by neon whereas the bright white lettering or the double lettering in dark colors without white being one in the two Marlins attempts either make it unreadable or kill the attempt at emulating neon.

Miami-Marlins.png

Miami-Marlins-after-win-over-Orioles.jpg

On 3/30/2021 at 10:50 PM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

This makes sense as the Mets have previously gone this route so it's in essence a throwback or at least a nod to those teams. 

Where I'd be worried is if the Mets came out in red and yellow uniforms for some random named reason. The stupid nba system will always be a worry when dealing with Nike. (Still Hate that they got the contract.)

Agh!   Until this very moment I completely forgot the fact that in the middle of their doldrum years when no one was paying attention the Pirates spent years throwing red into their look for no reason.   Horrifying flashbacks.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:40 AM, MNtwins3 said:

People keep saying the Twins and Yankees use the same color hat, but I just can't believe it. The Yankees navy is almost black, while the Twins is still distinctly navy

It's all about contrast.   Navy on white (Dark and Light) vs. Navy with white and red (Dark and Darker and White)

On 4/1/2021 at 11:24 AM, WSU151 said:

The reports I read are all kind of unofficial and written when Aaron died, so I might be mistaken. 

The patch could be put on the front (upper shoulder) or in another spot on the sleeves, depending on size. 

Over the heart like the Yankees did when George died.

105968616.jpeg

That might be tough with their script and tomahawk, though.

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

It's made to match the logo/home wordmark where the tail is not a tail but an underline of the word "win" in the center.   Would it be better to have contrasting styles?

I'm honestly asking, as I'm not sure myself. 🤣

11 hours ago, selgy said:

Not UNI related. But MLB. For those of you who have Bally Sports (They took over for Fox sports through the Disney purchasing and Disney needing to sell off due to a monopoly and Sinclair broadcasting not wanting their name on the channel so they sold the rights to Bally...well anyways...)

What is everyones take on their ticker/in game boxscore? I hate it. It looks like it was designed in 1998 at the beginning of the technology. 

It's Bally.   They do gambling.   They built this to give information on all sports scores to cater to gambling.   It's just like when ESPN started creeping the odds into sidebars of shows.   It has nothing to do with aesthetics.   It's about giving information and keeping people "in the action".

They could at least keep it at the top of the screen like previous scorebug bars did.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 4/3/2021 at 4:24 PM, BBTV said:

Braves have removed the ASG patch from their gray jerseys, though you can clearly see the remnants of it.  It looks terrible - not sure if it's glue or stitching that's left behind, but they may need to get all new jerseys for their next road trip.

EDIT:

Yeah, well I'm not surprised because of this "cool base" bull crap. The material is so cheap and I wonder if they even sell a lot of the authentic jerseys as compared to replicas. They probably can't take the patch off with a seam ripper for fear of ripping the cheap material. I used to love the feel of  the heavier authentic jerseys and you felt like you got your moneys worth. The NHL is no better when you can see every bit of the equipment a player is wearing under his white jersey. Good post BBTV.

18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Does anyone actually like the Padres camo alts? They looked really bad today against the D-Backs red jerseys

As a card carrying member of the "I'm so happy the Padres are back in brown" club. I don't like the camos at all.

31 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Does anyone actually like the Padres camo alts? They looked really bad today against the D-Backs red jerseys

They're one of the teams i'm good with wearing camo. Could be done better of course, but I dont mind it.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

41 minutes ago, joekono said:

Yeah, well I'm not surprised because of this "cool base" bull crap. The material is so cheap and I wonder if they even sell a lot of the authentic jerseys as compared to replicas. They probably can't take the patch off with a seam ripper for fear of ripping the cheap material. I used to love the feel of  the heavier authentic jerseys and you felt like you got your moneys worth. The NHL is no better when you can see every bit of the equipment a player is wearing under his white jersey. Good post BBTV.

Today they had jerseys without the mess today. So apparently FedEx is still able to pull off overnight delivery.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I think the current ones are too green

spacer.png

But I liked their old ones with the sand colored camo

spacer.png

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Today they had jerseys without the mess today. So apparently FedEx is still able to pull off overnight delivery.

The mess was still there yesterday.

April 4: Phillies 2, Braves 1 - Talking Chop

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

37 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

OK, I guess I need to adjust my television settings then. LOL! I'll also add that the yellow accessories and shoes are a bigger eyesore

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Did Andrew Knapp just slap him in the face?

I have some tolerance for a Braves player wearing yellow/gold accessories like that.  At least it looks like a color that's in their logo and on the front of their jersey, and not some random color that has no connection.  It's not, like, a "neon" yellow (THAT would look pretty bad).

At least for the shoes, I read this in an mlb.com article from 2019 - "Players may wear shoes displaying, in any proportion: the colors black, white or gray; any colors displayed on the player's uniform (and certain variations of those colors); and any additional colors designated by the player's club."  So I am guessing that yellow/gold matches what's in the Braves logo.

Makes a hell of a lot more sense than other stuff we've seen, like a Mets player wearing volt sleeves, for example.

"all gold everything" except for literally everything except the outlines.

Should be "all gold outlines on everything (except the numbers)"

Archived