3 hours ago, selgy said:

I've been to 21 stadiums. The new Yankee stadium is trash. It is just steel and concrete and too large. Has zero character and reminds me nothing other than carbon copy outdoor malls that you see in every town that try to be "unique". The only redeeming quality that it had was it Yankee museum which was great and worth the visit alone. 

The fans are always fun too.

It's beautiful to have the frieze back in place and upgrades like being able to access the whole park rather than the bleachers being seperated, better food, better sightlines, and such are nice, but there is a lot of lost soul, sadly.

1 hour ago, ptaylor said:

Trust me, Camden Yards is not a stadium you just walk away from. They will not be building a new stadium any time soon, no way. 

The O's have absolutely been on MLB's you-know-what list due to the MASN dispute. I don't know if Angelos' sons taking over will help but I guess time will tell. 

It's viewed as one of the top parks by many fans and I've absolutely no clue where they'd be able to find another site.   That complex on the harbor in the heart of the city?   Is there anywhere else they'd possibly be able to relocate without just heading for the suburbs?

23 hours ago, BBTV said:

Braves have removed the ASG patch from their gray jerseys, though you can clearly see the remnants of it.  It looks terrible - not sure if it's glue or stitching that's left behind, but they may need to get all new jerseys for their next road trip.

22 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

I won't fully blame them for this because it was unexpected, and they're on the road. If it isn't better by their first homestand, then I will be more upset at how sloppy this is

Probably also has something to do with the level of difficulty in stripping anything off the Flex-Base fabric.  Unless you're extremely careful it's really easy to destroy the fabric.  It's easier for the equipment staff to just quickly sew the cover over the patch on the however many jerseys they had to get done in a short period of time.

They'll probably have new jerseys on their upcoming homestand and net road trip.

2 hours ago, tp49 said:

Probably also has something to do with the level of difficulty in stripping anything off the Flex-Base fabric.  Unless you're extremely careful it's really easy to destroy the fabric.  It's easier for the equipment staff to just quickly sew the cover over the patch on the however many jerseys they had to get done in a short period of time.

They'll probably have new jerseys on their upcoming homestand and net road trip.

I'd respect them more if they simply removed the whole sleeve, and wore one-sleeved jerseys for the duration of their trip.

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

I'd respect them more if they simply removed the whole sleeve, and wore one-sleeved jerseys for the duration of their trip.

RhmOMvO.gif

Does anyone actually like the Padres camo alts? They looked really bad today against the D-Backs red jerseys

On 4/3/2021 at 4:24 PM, BBTV said:

Braves have removed the ASG patch from their gray jerseys, though you can clearly see the remnants of it.  It looks terrible - not sure if it's glue or stitching that's left behind, but they may need to get all new jerseys for their next road trip.

EDIT:

Yeah, well I'm not surprised because of this "cool base" bull crap. The material is so cheap and I wonder if they even sell a lot of the authentic jerseys as compared to replicas. They probably can't take the patch off with a seam ripper for fear of ripping the cheap material. I used to love the feel of  the heavier authentic jerseys and you felt like you got your moneys worth. The NHL is no better when you can see every bit of the equipment a player is wearing under his white jersey. Good post BBTV.

18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Does anyone actually like the Padres camo alts? They looked really bad today against the D-Backs red jerseys

As a card carrying member of the "I'm so happy the Padres are back in brown" club. I don't like the camos at all.

31 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

They're one of the teams i'm good with wearing camo. Could be done better of course, but I dont mind it.

41 minutes ago, joekono said:

Yeah, well I'm not surprised because of this "cool base" bull crap. The material is so cheap and I wonder if they even sell a lot of the authentic jerseys as compared to replicas. They probably can't take the patch off with a seam ripper for fear of ripping the cheap material. I used to love the feel of  the heavier authentic jerseys and you felt like you got your moneys worth. The NHL is no better when you can see every bit of the equipment a player is wearing under his white jersey. Good post BBTV.

Today they had jerseys without the mess today. So apparently FedEx is still able to pull off overnight delivery.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I think the current ones are too green

spacer.png

But I liked their old ones with the sand colored camo

spacer.png

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Does anyone actually like the Padres camo alts?

Can't say I've ever seen them.

I'll show myself out.

2 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

I think the current ones are too green

spacer.png

But I liked their old ones with the sand colored camo

spacer.png

Back when they were a navy blue team, the blue camo wasn't terrible

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Today they had jerseys without the mess today. So apparently FedEx is still able to pull off overnight delivery.

The mess was still there yesterday.

April 4: Phillies 2, Braves 1 - Talking Chop

37 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

OK, I guess I need to adjust my television settings then. LOL! I'll also add that the yellow accessories and shoes are a bigger eyesore

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

OK, I guess I need to adjust my television settings then. LOL! I'll also add that the yellow accessories and shoes are a bigger eyesore

I love Acuna and all, but I have really been annoyed with the choice of accessory colors the last few years. I enjoyed seeing red sleeves begin to appear a few years ago, but the yellow and neon drive me insane. I was happy to see Ozuna in a white sleeve yesterday, but... I know it's only a few days before he breaks out the neon again. 

What happened to the belt and shoe rules?  I don't see how those shouldn't be considered parts of the uniform.  

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What happened to the belt and shoe rules?  I don't see how those shouldn't be considered parts of the uniform.  

I think those got tossed out the window when Nike started making volt colored accessories. 

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Did Andrew Knapp just slap him in the face?

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Did Andrew Knapp just slap him in the face?

No, because that would mean that Knapp got a hit...

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

No, because that would mean that Knapp got a hit...

Bad time to make that joke considering he hit a HR in the game.