MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

If they adopt that "O" logo for Oakland and use it on the road, I can be down for that. Basically the Mother's Day cap with the logo in yellow instead. 

This cap is already for sale, maybe they're going to start using it.

snapback_ath_o_forest_flat2_541x@2x.jpg?

And I'd even like to see it at home.

It wouldn't surprise me if the A's made the switch.  Oakland has hemorrhaged ⅔ of its teams in the last couple years and with a new ballpark in development it'd be the perfect opportunity to fully embrace the city identity.

Plus, a city/state initial cap logo is quintessential baseball.

VmWIn6B.png

The O is a good logo, and it of course works on previously established awesome caps. It'd still be a lateral move at best to me.

I adhere to the principle that monograms should represent a city, but the A's cap is an iconic exception to that rule. There's no need to change the primary home cap.

9 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

But you do have a point about helmets not matching the caps. I hate what the A's have done for a while now. It's bothered me for so long. 

They have one batting helmet for home and road. But of course the helmet when worn on the road never matches the cap they wear.

800.jpeg

TXES106-410_2021_011509.jpg

It used to match, but not anymore. 

GettyImages-111908872.0.jpg

second-baseman-mark-ellis-of-the-oakland

Then when it comes to their kelly green alts, their cap and helmet don't match either. 

?uuid=726ba778-b23b-5744-9618-259ae3cfe8

What a mess. 

Always thought it was strange to add a Kelly green helmet that doesn’t match the Kelly green hat. However, the helmet looks better than the hat, so if they were to make them match I would prefer the hat change. 

8 hours ago, LMU said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the A's made the switch.  Oakland has hemorrhaged ⅔ of its teams in the last couple years and with a new ballpark in development it'd be the perfect opportunity to fully embrace the city identity.

Plus, a city/state initial cap logo is quintessential baseball.

I like the O logo, but think it’s a downgrade. I do like the idea of embracing Oakland though, so maybe combine the O logo with Kelly green. Make a fauxback Kelly green (sleeved) version of the uniforms the O is from, paired with a Kelly green crown/gold bill O logo hat to wear for weekend home series. 

The uniform set is close to perfect as is. Go back to the gold logo road cap and make lettering on the the green alternates gold with a white outline. And bring the gold uniforms out of unofficial retirement (or has that been made official? Either way bring them back)

6 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

If they do adopt it, that would mean they are dropping their cursive script then match it, right?

Could be a transition if they do go kelly green full time

If they moved to the O cap, I would keep the Athletics script since it starts with a blackletter A, but I think bringing back the full blackletter OAKLAND arc would be the best move for the road, unless they changed the O in the Oakland script to a blackletter form like the monogram.

Theres something very California about all-caps blackletter type on an arc. 🙂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, NashConcepts said:

Are they the (Devil) Rays or Sun (Rays)?

jjsVaj0.png

Kinda sorta.

Time to shine: Rays introduce new name, new icon, new team colors and new uniform

Introducing the Tampa Bay Rays. Tampa Bay's Major League Baseball team has a new name, new team colors - navy blue and light blue - and a new icon, a bright yellow sunburst invoking the magnificence of life in the Sunshine State.

"We are now the 'Rays' - a beacon that radiates throughout Tampa Bay and across the entire state of Florida," said Stuart Sternberg, the team's principal owner. "Tampa Bay and the Sunshine State are beautiful places. We want the Rays to reflect the best our region has to offer."

D-Rays drop Devil from name, now just Rays

Team officials and local fans have routinely referred to the club as "Rays" for much of the expansion team's existence, but it wasn't until Stuart Sternberg took over as principal owner two years ago that consideration as given an actual name change. "I think this gives us as an organization an identity," Sternberg said, noting that many of the team's employees have joined the club since he took control from former managing general partner Vince Naimoli....

"Rays" was the owner's first choice, but the organization considered others like Cannons, Stars, Wave and Dukes before settling on Rays and developing a logo featuring a bright yellow sunburst....

The team didn't abandon every aspect of the uniforms worn for the franchise's first 10 seasons. An updated Devil Rays patch is on the left sleeve of the new jerseys. The club will also continue to operate a popular touch tank filled with cownose rays during games at Tropicana Field. "I'm still a nostalgic sort of guy," Sternberg said. "And while I don't want to look back to the past, I think the region should be proud of having a major league baseball team and shouldn't forget all that was involved in bringing it here."

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The olde english O looks like a sideways G and gives off way too many Oregon vibes.  The A's have a kickass hat emblem and I don't want it changed. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

16 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

If they do adopt it, that would mean they are dropping their cursive script then match it, right?

Could be a transition if they do go kelly green full time

If anything, they could change the O on their current road script to match, making it like the home script where the A matches the hat logo.

17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Doesn't look anything like Oregon - no black, anthracite, or diamondplate anywhere to be found.  😛 

Ha! You're right -- i also don't get a University of Oregon vibe from it. But it does share some similarities to logo of the The Oregonian newspaper in Portland. 

spacer.png

Archived