MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

13 hours ago, NicDB said:

The script itself may have been salvageable had they not wiffed on pretty much everything else about that rebrand.  Which wasn't even necessary since they just had a full rebrand not even a decade before after staying pretty consistent (only evolutionary tweaks) throughout the Yount-Molitor years.

I really think the Motre Bame unis had potential staying power had they stuck with them long enough to become associated with Prince and Braun rather than Jaha and Cirillo.

This.  A hundred times this.  Especially once they tweaked it to improve on the initial set. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BBTV said:

Isn't the giant 42 on the back of the jersey essentially a tribute patch?  Seems a little redundant.

Especially now that the giant 42 and the patch are in the exact same font.  That’s LA Angels-level of logo redundancy. 

Makes sense on the cap, but time to retire the sleeve patch.  

14 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The annual Jackie Robinson tribute has been tweaked slightly. 

This year, the patches feature each team’s specific number font. 

Up until now each team used the exact same patch, in Dodgers styling. 

EzDXOx9WUAEhPcl?format=jpg&name=large

Personally, I think they were waiting for the Brewers to ditch the worst custom font in baseball. 😛

Boston Red Sox v Minnesota Twins : News Photo

Minnesota wore the patch, but the number was based on their current numbers and not the throwback. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Watching the Yankees-Rays game tonight and there's a bunch of Yankees wearing their socks high, but they are the striped/branded/styled official sock of MLB, so they have varying thickness of stripes in navy and royal blues, which adds royal blue to their midnight navy and white pinstriped home uniforms. The kicker is that the same exact navy/royal striped sock is used by the Rays, so it's slightly jarring to see the pinstriped Yankees share apparel on the field with the Tampa Bay Rays.

Cardinals wore red hats tonight on the road against the Phillies, which seems odd since they usually wear navy hats against red hat teams.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Cardinals’ wore red hats tonight on the road against the Phillies, which seems odd since they usually wear navy hats against red hat teams.

Was about to post the same thing. Jackie Robinson Day or something?

On 3/31/2021 at 9:40 PM, McCall said:

Mariners, Astros, Cardinals, Twins, Indians, Tigers, Red Sox, Yankees, Nationals and Braves all use the darker, aka midnight navy, for certain.

Rays and Brewers use light navy. Not sure about the Blue Jays' navy alternate that's worn with the powder blue uniform.

As far as the royal, I think the Dodgers and, if they did indeed change them, the Phillies' alternate, are the only ones still using the darker shade. Don't know about the Mariners fauxbacks.

Was wondering about the Blue Jays navy alt since then. I saw one at Lids yesterday and they're light navy.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:29 PM, Ridleylash said:

My greatest disappointment with the Brewers is that their last branding had a really good idea for a script on the jersey (cursive old-school brewery font to tie in with the team name), but they just mangled the crap out of it with so much unnecessary crap and terrible design ideas (drop shadows, outlines upon outlines, a terrible muddy color scheme) that it ruined what was otherwise a pretty solid idea...a lot like many late 90's-early 2000's rebrands did, actually.

Like, this script on it's own without all the fluff does work for me;

spacer.png

But instead of a nice, simple script on the jerseys, we got this;

spacer.png

Which completely :censored:ed the font's strengths by covering it in three different goddamned outlines to make a drop shadow. If they'd just kept it to base color + the first outline, I think it could've aged a lot better; but then, that era was all about that kinda crap, so I guess I'm not surprised it aged as well as an apple left in the sun for 5 years straight. 😛

That simple font would look solid on a gold uni with navy piping, I’d like too see a simple cap logo 

On 4/10/2021 at 7:24 PM, BC985 said:

The teal billed cap is one of my favorites in all of baseball, but it doesn’t work for me in this combination. 

spacer.png

I was think of what Pittsburgh did with with number font, yellow/black/yellow, teal/navy/teal would be interesting to see with the teal brim cap. As well as changing the cap logo,  resurrect the trident logo, and keep that solely teal on the navy, teal brimed cap. 

On 4/10/2021 at 6:24 PM, BC985 said:

The teal billed cap is one of my favorites in all of baseball, but it doesn’t work for me in this combination. 

spacer.png

What they need to do is remove the front number (it's the only jersey with one... and change the back number to the normal blcck as the custom one sticks out like a sore thumb) and then add the placket piping like all their other jerseys and make it teal.

So this, but with teal piping instead of silver and teal brimmed cap.

From the archives: New Hall of Famer Ken Griffey Jr. - Mangin Photography  Archive

Can’t believe the Dodgers actually wore their primary road jerseys last night. At least I THINK they’re still their primaries; they’ve worn the Dodgers script on the road so much one would think they changed without any announcement.

spacer.png

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but the "Dodgers" grays are better than the LA ones.  I just don't like the look of two-word names underliined with a tail.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Can’t believe the Dodgers actually wore their primary road jerseys last night. At least I THINK they’re still their primaries; they’ve worn the Dodgers script on the road so much one would think they changed without any announcement.

In the photo you posted, it looks like they dropped the pants that had the blue piping down the side, so maybe that implies the “Dodgers” gray jersey is the primary away now.

I think a jersey with the “Los Angeles” script but without any piping would be the perfect option, though.

Cardinals blue St Louis Jersey would look better without the head spoon piping. The birds on bat is fancy enough without needing any other flourishes. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived