MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/17/2021 at 4:24 PM, BBTV said:

Cardinals blue St Louis Jersey would look better without the head spoon piping. The birds on bat is fancy enough without needing any other flourishes. 

I completely agree. The piping is completely unnecessary for that uniform. 

wefewefww.png

9 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

I completely agree. The piping is completely unnecessary for that uniform. 

wefewefww.png

I'm a Cards fan and i have thought that since the day they debuted. Could not agree more. Good mock up too. 

I think the goal was for it to be the road/blue version of the white St. Louis jersey. But for some reason the piping doesn't work well with the blue. 

I still dig the uniform, but that small change would perfect it. 

7 hours ago, guest23 said:

The examples cited by other posters using real data suggests that your point is not corroborated by what is currently practiced. If alternates are worn more than primaries and there is no action taken by the league we can conclude that the league does not take the designations seriously.

As I sort of said in my post, what this all boils down to is what your definition of a primary jersey is.

Your definition of an primary jersey appears to just be "whatever jersey the team wears more often."  I've just never thought of it that way.

I always thought that teams had designated primary and alternate jerseys, regardless of which jersey they wear more often.  It has nothing to do with the league not "taking action" against teams who overwear their alternates.  Like I said with the NBA, they took primary logo designations seriously, but they didn't care which logos teams actually used more often in practice.  Teams were allowed to use their alternate logos for everything if they wanted to, but they could not designate them as their primary logo unless they paid a hefty fee.  I would guess the MLB is kind of the same way.  I don't think they care how often a team wears their alternate... but it's still "an alternate."

The main sportslogos.net page lists that black Marlins jersey as an alternate, even though they wore it way more often than their gray road jersey.  So either you agree with that designation, or you think the website is wrong.  You can think whatever you want, I am not trying to convince you of anything.

I don't know where we would be able to get an official correct answer on this, other than contacting MLB or specific teams.  But the crux of the issue is what the definition of a primary jersey is, not which jersey they wore more often.  I'm not disputing any of your "real data."  But I am questioning if just wearing a jersey more often "makes" it the team's official primary jersey.

Speaking of primaries/alternates, can anyone figure out what the Nationals' uniform 'system' is supposed to be, especially at home? 

They've worn their red and blue jerseys multiple times, their white 'Nationals' jerseys multiple times paired with the white-panel cap, and they've worn the decade-old Curly W jerseys with traditional red cap multiple times. The only thing that is obvious is their road grey jerseys. Beyond that, I've never seen a team start a season with so many uniform combinations. They're basically an NBA team at this point. 

7 hours ago, Ark said:

Apparently Jose Abreu plays for the Gold Sox

White_Sox_Indians_Baseball_8_.14.jpg

You realize pine tar muddies up batting helmet logos, right? This has literally been happening for decades. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

You realize pine tar muddies up batting helmet logos, right? This has literally been happening for decades. 

Seriously?

First of all, the title is clearly a joke. But more importantly, the pine tar is only really really visible on the logo, making it appear as a regular helmet with a gold logo.

I'm sorry I had to explain that...

10 hours ago, Ark said:

Apparently Jose Abreu plays for the Gold Sox

White_Sox_Indians_Baseball_8_.14.jpg

That’s pine tar, why guys put it on their helmets I’ll never understand, especially the ones who put it on there so thick it just looks like a black paneled helmet. But it’s been happening for as long as they have been wearing helmets.

11 hours ago, Ark said:

I hate how "modern" managers don't wear their team's full uniform.

Eh.  Cut them some slack.  It's a dumb rule anyway.  When you're a 50-something or older person who just wants to coach the game they love, yet you have to cram your retiree-bod into a uniform just to satisfy a rule from circa Reconstruction, you can probably bet you're barely suiting up more than necessary day in and day out.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

45 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Eh.  Cut them some slack.  It's a dumb rule anyway.  When you're a 50-something or older person who just wants to coach the game they love, yet you have to cram your retiree-bod into a uniform just to satisfy a rule from circa Reconstruction, you can probably bet you're barely suiting up more than necessary day in and day out.

As long as they're wearing a team-issued sweatshirt or jacket, I really don't care what managers and coaches wear. The literally only leave the dugout to argue or make a pitching change

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

20 hours ago, LMU said:

Ideally the Dodgers would just rip the piping off the Los Angeles away jerseys and call it a day.  As was said on Unified with Ross Yoshida the alternate gray jersey came about after the Australia game when it was pointed out that the Dodger brand was nowhere to be found since they wore two LAs and a "Los Angeles" wordmark.  So, I'd prefer a sans-piping Los Angeles away uniform but I could see the issue and in which case I'd advocate for the LA sleeve patch to be replaced by the primary logo roundel.

You mean this alternate logo?

eqrowbapugqtcpvbdnqiyfbsk.gif

I'd gladly put this on the sleeve if it would mean "Los Angeles" on all road jerseys.

20 hours ago, insert name said:

The Show keeps giving pullovers the button down look. I guess they can't program 2 different uniform templates. 

This is exactly it. They just basically layer the jersey details over the same uniform template. Surprised this hasn't been corrected with the switch to ps5.

I'm not sure why there's a question about jersey designations. It has nothing to do with real practice, the teams can wear whatever they want but when uniforms are released teams normally say which is primary and which is alternate. What they do after that doesn't change the official designations.

My drivers license lists my primary address but if I decide to go sleep at my friend's house 5 days a week that doesn't change my primary address unless I actually change it on my drivers license. The practice doesn't change the official designation.

45 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

You mean this alternate logo?

eqrowbapugqtcpvbdnqiyfbsk.gif

I'd gladly put this on the sleeve if it would mean "Los Angeles" on all road jerseys.

That's the one.

VmWIn6B.png

Both Kansas City and Los Angeles would look better with the city name in plain block rather than a script with tail (kinda like how KC used to do.)

If they want to go with scripts, then Dodgers and Royals looks better than their two-word city names.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Would look better without the tail.  Tails shouldn't go under two words.  And is that a vertically-arched script?  Don't think I've seen that before.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived