MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

It’s very well done for an event changed on short notice. Not bad!

The Rockies social media unveiled the logo with a cheesy “Game Boy Printer” video. It’s worth a watch. Only if the team played as well as they develop social media content.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

On 4/17/2021 at 12:01 PM, McCall said:

What they need to do is remove the front number (it's the only jersey with one... and change the back number to the normal blcck as the custom one sticks out like a sore thumb) and then add the placket piping like all their other jerseys and make it teal.

So this, but with teal piping instead of silver and teal brimmed cap.

From the archives: New Hall of Famer Ken Griffey Jr. - Mangin Photography  Archive

Plack piping should be consistent across the team's uniforms.   Full stop.   The Braves' navy is a thousand times better now that it has the piping even though it's randomly silver.   Boston should make this move too.

On 4/20/2021 at 10:01 PM, Ark said:

I hate how "modern" managers don't wear their team's full uniform.

Don't they?   Just with a coat, sweater, or hoodie over it?   I know they were going to stop doing the random checks, but I didn't think that really effected much.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:59 AM, MJWalker45 said:

just wear a thermal undershirt if it's that cold!

That doesn't help with the head.

EDIT: Oh yeah!   The 2021 article on the main page said the Arizona anniversary patch was on a new purple uniform.   Have we seen this yet?

spacer.png

spacer.png

13 hours ago, DEAD! said:

That is a good all star logo. I prefer this to Atlanta's. I like the use of the mountains at the bottom. 

I also think the Rockies should consider changing to that All Star Game font.

Square logo on the jersey? That can't be right? 😲

That look ridiculous .

Has to be the star/logo shaped alone, like jersey patches always look in all star games. Hope they fix it in time for the game

PS, can anyone tell me how i upload an avatar

14 hours ago, DEAD! said:

I also think the Rockies should consider changing to that All Star Game font.

Seems like this logo could lead to a great new jersey for the Rockies...

Purple jersey, with silver letters outlined in white, maybe with a black drop shadow. 

Looks good in my head, at least. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

So I was enjoying the Padres in their sand pinstripes and I remembered that these are the road alternates, not the primaries, and then I thought I had been seeing these more anyways. So can anyone confirm my hunch that the Padres have worn their sand pinstripes more than the brown road primaries? Personally I think it's the right move but I'm curious if it's accurate since they only debuted this uniform set relatively recently so I would have thought they stuck to the designations longer.

If I remember correctly, there was talk here last year about how they switched to the sand pinstripes as the “primary,” pretty early on in the season I believe, after seeing all the positive reaction for them.

I presume they went with the safer pick at the unveiling of the brown jersey because the sand pinstripes were a bit more of a risky, “out-there” design. But I’m glad they seem to have made the switch.

3 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Don't they?   Just with a coat, sweater, or hoodie over it?   I know they were going to stop doing the random checks, but I didn't think that really effected much.

These hoodies are tight and are worn during the summer months. I don't see how there is a jersey under them. 

Even Tony La Russa is following this trend, is there really a jersey under there?

USATSI_15653186-1024x681.jpg

It seems he has worn a jersey, and yeah there's no way he's wearing both at the same time.

1307797278-850x560.jpeg

I've never thought much about what baseball managers wear, but I can think of many cases where it looked "right" for the manager to be wearing something like a team hoodie, team jacket, team pullover, etc.  Wearing stuff like that kind of helps the manager "stand out" and not blend in with the players, and I think that is why many of them do that.  I think the argument could be made that manager and his on-field players are not really on the same "level" and should therefore not be outfitted the exact same way.

In those LaRussa pics posted earlier, I think he looked fine either way.  To me it's not really a big issue.

I really only care if the manager and coaches are wearing jerseys when they announce the lineups like in the world series, all star game, or opening day where they have to stand out on the line. Other than that, I am completely fine with what managers are doing right now

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I want managers to either be in uniform, or wearing something where I can reasonably pretend that they're wearing one underneath. 

Ie, Buck Showalter. I'm 99.9% sure he didnt have a jersey on underneath, but I can reasonably believe that he might have been.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Just now, DiePerske said:

I want managers to either be in uniform, or wearing something where I can reasonably pretend that they're wearing one underneath. .

Why?  Why should they be in athletic wear when they're not going to do the slightest thing athletic and aren't even athletes?  There's no reason to see old fat guys in tight stretch clothes playing pretend player.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Why?  Why should they be in athletic wear when they're not going to do the slightest thing athletic and aren't even athletes?  There's no reason to see old fat guys in tight stretch clothes playing pretend player.

Honestly, I've got nothing better for you thank it's the way it's always been done and as such is part of the accepted and norm for baseball aesthetics. 

That, and it's not actively or inactively harming anyone so it's good to stay. Again, they dont even need to wear it. Just leave it within the realm of possibility that you are.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

When the only reason is "because that's just how it's always been" then it's typically a bad rule / law, whether we're talking about baseball managers or anything else in society.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I want managers to either be in uniform, or wearing something where I can reasonably pretend that they're wearing one underneath. 

Ie, Buck Showalter. I'm 99.9% sure he didnt have a jersey on underneath, but I can reasonably believe that he might have been.

I think that's the deal.   I just got so used to the rule and managers often wearing something overtop that I never for a moment thought about how thin some of the more modern hoodies being worn are, leaving little room underneath for their jersey.

9 hours ago, QCS said:

I want managers to keep wearing uniforms because I think it's funny to see all these old guys in full baseball uniforms.

This is the height of managerial aesthetics.

mlb_tirades_13.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived