3 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

To prepare us for the Mother's Day design and possibly an adaptation to it being a permanent fixture?

The O should not only be in the rotation, it should be their primary cap logo.  

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The O should not only be in the rotation, it should be their primary cap logo.  

I'm not an A's fan but I basically live in the Bay Area and I can honestly say I don't want to ever see them not have A's on a primary hat. I find it hard to believe people around here would be okay with that. Alternate? Sure but it never should be a primary hat, the A's hat and the SF hat are basically the California version of the Yankees hat, you can't mess with that.

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm not an A's fan but I basically live in the Bay Area and I can honestly say I don't want to ever see them not have A's on a primary hat. I find it hard to believe people around here would be okay with that. Alternate? Sure but it never should be a primary hat, the A's hat and the SF hat are basically the California version of the Yankees hat, you can't mess with that.

Ideally, I have would have preferred just the 'A' being centered. However, I cannot imagine the Athletics ever diverting from the A's as the primary. 

The real reason why Oakland needs to retain the A's cap is so the division standings can spell ASSHAT when ordered as OAK/SEA/HOU/LAA/TEX

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Wouldn’t this be the California version of a Yankees cap?

spacer.png

As much as I hate to admit it as a Clippers fan, the actual California equivalent of a Yankees cap would be a Lakers jersey.

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

As much as I hate to admit it as a Clippers fan, the actual California equivalent of a Yankees cap would be a Lakers jersey.

except there’s essentially one Yankees cap but 53 in-rotation Lakers jerseys. 

The LAD, SF, and Oak have had essentially the same caps since moving to California. 

10 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

The real reason why Oakland needs to retain the A's cap is so the division standings can spell ASSHAT when ordered as OAK/SEA/HOU/LAA/TEX

Come on now... the only ASSHAT in that division are the Astros.

9 hours ago, BBTV said:

except there’s essentially one Yankees cap but 53 in-rotation Lakers jerseys. 

The LAD, SF, and Oak have had essentially the same caps since moving to California. 

Dodgers and Giants yes, but I think Oakland's color changes take them out of that conversation.

8 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Dodgers and Giants yes, but I think Oakland's color changes take them out of that conversation.

Hence why I said "since moving to California".

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Hence why I said "since moving to California".

But this is the cap they wore the first few years in California.

DHropK-VwAAcs32?format=jpg&name=900x900

Didn't realize that.  I guess those aren't "essentially the same" as the 1970-2021 version, but still, two styles in 53 years (and one for the past 51 years) still puts their caps closer than the Lakers jerseys to Yankee territory.  That's an awkwardly-penned sentence but I don't have the capacity to wordsmith it now - I think you get what I mean.

Admittedly, with all their road-cap and BFBS nonsense over the years, Oakland certainly lags behind the other two clubs in terms of having a consistent-classic cap style, but if we limit to primary only, it's pretty close.

As someone who was born in 1990, all I'm familiar with is the McGwire era look that the still use now. I can't think of them wearing anything else really, I mean they should probably go back to kelly green but I don't know.

Also remember in 2013 when teams wore their batting practice hats for interleague games? The A's wore the elephant against the Giants.

They absolutely need to keep the current A’s home cap, but I would be ok with them using that all green O cap on the road until they end up leaving Oakland. Their current road cap is terrible as they currently have it. There’s no reason for that logo to have an outline as it just muddies up the entire thing. And they don’t even get the colors right. They’ve always used gold script with a white outline, but inexplicably decided to reverse it and add head spoon piping to the alternate, which SUCKS because the simple green alt they had was one of the best looking jerseys in baseball. If they’re going to screw it up this badly, they might as well just use the new O. 

Indeed.  For as consistent as they've been with that home cap, they've managed to really mess up their road (and especially alternate) looks. 

Some clues about Marlins City Connect

Zooming in on the top part:

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, LA_Angels said:

Some clues about Marlins City Connect

The Red Sox ones were unveiled about two weeks before they debuted on the field. If Nike follows a similar rollout for the Marlins, we should see them by Friday. 

On 4/27/2021 at 6:29 PM, NicDB said:

Isn't this exactly why they've always sold programs and scorecards?

Not baseball related, but when the NHL began making NOBs mandatory in the '70s Harold Ballard was concerned that it would hurt his program sales. He decided the Leafs would use blue names on the back of the blue jersey, before the league clarified their rules to say that wouldn't be allowed.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:13 AM, Gothamite said:

They were proven to MLB’s satisfaction. They hired an independent firm to do an investigation and report.  Which means it is far beyond a “mere” allegation. 

It’s my understanding that the legal statute of limits has expired.  So there’s never going to be a legal proceeding, this is likely the most conclusive it’s ever going to be. 

Guess I need to drop some money on a new Jays jersey. I figured going with a throwback would be a safe choice over guys like Bautista & Donaldson that the team was about to ship out.

A Havana Sugar Kings tribute sounds exciting, if that's the inspiration for the City Connect design. Something more vintage, from the 40s and 50s, would be much better than an 80s Vaporwave design that I had feared they'd go with. A knock off of the Heat City Edition jerseys would have been worst case scenario for me.

Call me cautiously optimistic. As much as I hate corporate cash grabs, the Marlins' current identity isn't sacred like Boston's is, so I welcome the possibility of players wearing something that's a design upgrade.