MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

3 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

They are things of beauty.

But I still can't choose between them and the Robinson/Larkins.

4c908a01e40850e3e40c12932a1fd5d8.jpgbarry-larkin-cincinnati-reds-1996-upper-deck-all-star-game-jumbo-card-78.jpg

But the Reds have a mild identity crisis.   Their whole thing is based around old-timey baseball given their history, but their most legendary run is arguably in a sleek futuristic look in a spaceship of a ballpark.

They're also largely on Twitter. 

All caps have the city name, city nickname, and the patch from the team's latest world series win.   Although... they've chosen a different one for some teams.   I don't know if it's semi-random, or if they chose the most important culturally.   The Royals have 1985, their first.   It appears the Yankees have 1996, which is a beloved year for the team.   The Indians have 1920, and I'm not sure why.

new-era-localized-orioles-cap-1621975259

Seems to make sense. It seems the Dodgers have the '88 patch, because of the Gibson homer.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Marlins have the 1997 World Series patch instead of 2003. That's probably because it's a more aesthetically pleasing World Series logo. I haven't studied these monstrosities closely and there's probably no true consistency, but they seem to choose the vintage World Series logos in many instances. The 1996 WS logo looks much nicer than the 1998 one (or any later version) for the Yankees.

15 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Looks like the Marlins have the 1997 World Series patch instead of 2003. That's probably because it's a more aesthetically pleasing World Series logo. I haven't studied these monstrosities closely and there's probably no true consistency, but they seem to choose the vintage World Series logos in many instances. The 1996 WS logo looks much nicer than the 1998 one (or any later version) for the Yankees.

Yea probably just whatever the nicest WS logo was, the Phillies have the 2008 WS logo and not the 1980 one.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:31 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

These hats just look like example hats a shady custom hat kiosk in a mall would have.

60051158_59FIFTY_M5950LOCAL_PHIPHI_OTC_360051158_59FIFTY_M5950LOCAL_PHIPHI_OTC_R

That's the aim since the demo buying these hats will likely be the demo that would buy hats at a shady custom kiosk in the mall.

On 5/26/2021 at 7:05 PM, Ark said:

This is the best Reds uniform

800px-Eric_davis.jpg

Agreed. When playing MLB The Show these are the uniforms I use for the Reds. There are so many missing 70'/80's/90's uniforms (including alternates) in the game it's beyond sad but that's a different story.

We'd spoken a while back about Acuna wearing yellow accents and how it went with the Braves uniform.   I'd listed teams that this could possibly work with.

What I didn't expect was to watch a series against the White Sox in which at least one of Chicago's players broke out red armbands.   And dangit if it didn't look objectively kinda nice.   Maybe it's the fact that it's a historic color with them, especially in this style of uniform for 13 years.   I've always felt the current identity of the team could stand on its own forever (save for the little imperfections added to the away and alt over the last decade or so), but maybe it would be nice to reintroduce a splash of red to the set.  Or maybe it's just a matter of how good black and red look together.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

We'd spoken a while back about Acuna wearing yellow accents and how it went with the Braves uniform.   I'd listed teams that this could possibly work with.

What I didn't expect was to watch a series against the White Sox in which at least one of Chicago's players broke out red armbands.   And dangit if it didn't look objectively kinda nice.   Maybe it's the fact that it's a historic color with them, especially in this style of uniform for 13 years.   I've always felt the current identity of the team could stand on its own forever (save for the little imperfections added to the away and alt over the last decade or so), but maybe it would be nice to reintroduce a splash of red to the set.  Or maybe it's just a matter of how good black and red look together.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The White Sox are perfect as is. This looks even worse than Acuna...

3 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I think the red accessories started with Eloy Jimenez and his batting gloves. I suspect the other players started wearing red as a tribute to their teammate after he went down with a potential season-ending injury in spring training.

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Rays wore their throwbacks today. Is it actually a fauxback though? It's got navy in place of black.

E2kqboGWUAEwbPx?format=jpg&name=medium

Rays fan. I prefer the navy blue versions of these uniforms versus the black. But what I think I would prefer is if they replaced the navy with an indigo blueish purple. Would be a unique color and it would work great with the gradient.

New-Indigo-Blue-Metallic-Clearcoat-2014- 

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Rays wore their throwbacks today. Is it actually a fauxback though? It's got navy in place of black.

Makes you wonder why they didn't do that from the beginning...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 5/27/2021 at 4:59 PM, Marlins93 said:

I assumed they were picking the most culturally significant World Series logo for the team. 

XM4KeeA.png

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'll always have a soft spot for the gradient era, but I really wish the Rays would throw back to these and then forget to switch back to their normal set:

spacer.png

spacer.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

14 hours ago, selgy said:

Rays fan. I prefer the navy blue versions of these uniforms versus the black. But what I think I would prefer is if they replaced the navy with an indigo blueish purple. Would be a unique color and it would work great with the gradient.

New-Indigo-Blue-Metallic-Clearcoat-2014- 

I thought it had a purplish glow when I was watching it on TV yesterday.

It's where I sit.

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I'll always have a soft spot for the gradient era, but I really wish the Rays would throw back to these and then forget to switch back to their normal set:

spacer.png

spacer.png

This look with sky blue replacing royal blue/black would be a winner. 

Archived