MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

I'm actually in the camp with the Rays that they should wear their fauxback uniforms full time

Chris Creamer on Twitter: "Here's Tampa Bay #Rays 1980s road fauxback  uniforms in action today: http://t.co/vipP8z0Bhv"

A few tweaks such as adding a normal white and grey set, and making them a normal button-down jersey, this could be a really fun Florida-inspired set

And be carbon copies of the historic Red Sox uniforms!!!! </s> 

Someone posted this in another thread on this board

rays.png.bdae88ec12ec2590954e67f7f3cf348

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, selgy said:

And be carbon copies of the historic Red Sox uniforms!!!! </s> 

Someone posted this in another thread on this board

rays.png.bdae88ec12ec2590954e67f7f3cf348

I get that it’s sarcastic but what? Nothing the Red Sox have ever worn look anything close to those.

14 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

He means 1978 Padres.

Ultimately, that’s the reason why I don’t like the Rays’ fauxback design - it is way too derivative of the ‘78 Padres. If they did something more original with it, I’d be more inclined to like it. Hmm, let me check my vaults:

spacer.png

Say hello to shoulder inserts, medium blue road uniforms, and yellow caps! If you want a look that’s a late-‘70s fauxback and original, I made it. I would never want to see it in the flesh, but I still enjoy it.

The fauxbacks were maybe too far in the direction of pastiche, even though I love them — but I am mostly struck that they used a vastly better combination of the existing color scheme, or close to it. That alone gives it all so much life.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

If we're doing shameless plugs of what the Rays should look like, then I definitely think they should go green and light blue full time, and use a seafoam green road uniform.

l6ELdPdPm0MF-b_dveq_nYjO4MYywsEzS5NqmuJVTCnO3d2YHSm8HCzmrPlhi0pRFdoPt81r8PuF4VezdMWe7mj_TiuhlfolQ3F1fGIbbCZNE1EI8pn2IxeDMLv_twpp4Vj4rOJry6Vsmq908XfzJSwqmJ4wubJGY2zbzCGgvxjpkQX9MU4z0q8kIOyKZxJCzHoWQP_HZXTe9u7TU3AlFOERIV0msiyW87bjPfw13JoV8IgKvd-jSzKWYmJa2L9Vwxs8rNTFWPcTn4yY5JJl0pGQ3OYhJ2io3a1-bRxOexxPUEhHyDwVzS6-5thQQVO-i8lOZaXb1Utvg1-lE7WCuY6O4-gYXHwNIRjCgbJfuYcb--Z0xsrxMSzsfzZz7O1s_r0qhrZkYXc5Pw4aOY4WjYyajbCuXrDTXgRRUUzo7QCUWQpjXPAIHKLepZaOiD85vJHBnxRg6hkyoTdpa1SwRw07v9z6FriX9NxcsBlYWp7ZXOnl-z6-Re5u9S0iiYFMQvyxgYo0ehjTWzAyg4Oi9TwWqfM_4Qubw_2hPPTkl1RQ3o34gJYzxj7hu9mKeIULUXlit1QCX2xSDrBvxvv-Mt5l9NJY7NMssl57KBtBx2AkBLQqy3WI8dzvMOUDYLVGo_3kXPaVJ4KWedRfRXOacbIBqUvZODj_VXy24Y6jTpgy4Yc2A_KI7Q0XyjSd2TbEfDeSgZQhs6CduvPVUQWMhG6UoDzLY0BwQck8gUn8RckTU_tlWfsV2TYQ=w508-h513-no?authuser=0

tenor.gif

Says a lot about the wreck the Rays' visual identity is when over the past couple of pages navy blue, indigo, forest green, light blue,  kelly green, yellow, royal blue,  gold, neon green, indigo-blueish-purple, powder blue, seafoam green and even gradients have all been suggested solutions to their lack of identity.

It's quite an accomplishment in 23 short years!

1 hour ago, schlim said:

Says a lot about the wreck the Rays' visual identity is when over the past couple of pages navy blue, indigo, forest green, light blue,  kelly green, yellow, royal blue,  gold, neon green, indigo-blueish-purple, powder blue, seafoam green and even gradients have all been suggested solutions to their lack of identity.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Rays and Diamondbacks have the most identity changes relative to their age (granted they are the youngest teams if you count the expos as part of Nats history)

1 hour ago, schlim said:

I'd say this is actually a fairly small window of colors.  I mean, generally speaking, the entire history of the Rays, as well as most of the proposed solutions here, boil down to being based upon blue, green, and yellow.  So at least when we think of the Rays, both in terms of their actual history and what we would do to fix them, we generally think of only 3 colors, and those 3 colors could actually all go well together, in various shades.  For a team that does kind of have an identity crisis otherwise, at least their colors have been.... somewhat, kind of, sort of, consistent enough for us to visualize their general look?

3 hours ago, schlim said:

As a Rays fan...you compound that with our stadium saga and it has been interesting. 

At least we have been a winning franchise since 2008. The 5th most wins since 2008. We've got that going for us. 

1. NY Yankees: 1175
2.  LA Dodgers: 1173
3.  St Louis: 1136
4.  Boston: 1118
5. Tampa Bay: 1116

10 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

In non-Rays news, the Giants are wearing a Pride-themed cap and jersey this Saturday against the Cubs;

spacer.png

I don’t mind it, but I also see Nike looking at them and going “rainbows for everyone” and we get another themed uniform for every team next year and the years after that.

14 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

In non-Rays news, the Giants are wearing a Pride-themed cap and jersey this Saturday against the Cubs;

spacer.png

I think it needs a white outline so that the colors don't get lost in the cap. But it's a good look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, dont care said:

Can someone tell me what the white, pink?, baby blue, brown, and black above the rainbow colors is suppose to represent? I honestly don’t know.

It's supposed to adapt the Progress Pride Flag:

BB1gFGfB.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

The white, pink, and light blue represent the transgender pride flag,  the brown represents people of color, and the black represents those killed by AIDS.

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

Can someone tell me what the white, pink?, baby blue, brown, and black above the rainbow colors is suppose to represent? I honestly don’t know.

There are a lot of pride flags. The pink and blue are from the trans pride flag.

1920px-Transgender_Pride_flag.svg.png&f=

The black and brown, unless I'm mistaken, comes from the redesigned pride flag that sought to be more inclusive to people of color, as they are at the forefront of battles against oppression, as well as honoring AIDS victims.

prideflag.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

https://preen.ph/96232/this-redesigned-pride-flag-may-be-the-new-lgbtq-symbol

Edit: Beat to it!

Archived