MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

12 hours ago, dont care said:

I’d say it was if it wasn’t for the texture that looks more like a batting practice jersey material. Have the other city connect jerseys been this material? I know the rest of the jerseys have been just using the old majestic materials.

That's actually the texture some of the replica Majestic jerseys have. It's on my Cleveland jerseys.

On 6/3/2021 at 6:21 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Part of me thinks Cleveland is dragging it out as long as possible, because of some suspicions that the Dolans want to sell the club. They would let the new owners decide the name. Given that the lease is up in 2023 and the CBA negotiations in 2022, this might make sense.

Oh yeah, this is a well tread discussion among Cleveland fans for sure. Right now the lease negotiations appear to be working out with the County (not to mention the Modell Law), but there is a faction of doomsayers that are convinced the team is gone already. The Dolans have felt like reluctant owners for years and attendance was :censored: well before the talent disappeared and the pandemic hit, so there are some ingredients for a move sadly.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/mlb/indians/cleveland-indians-cuyahoga-county-well-along-negotiations-extend-lease-progressive-field/95-17d79a75-398a-41e9-a4ac-3aab1e736caf

That said, I'm hopeful that- worst case- the chance to name the team yourself will be a selling point to compensate for the lackluster market. Too much history to take major league baseball from Cleveland.

I shift around but names I'm still down with:

-Spiders

-Blues

-Commodores

-Guardians (very branding dependent)

-Foresters (would love an initiative to plant more trees in the city)

-Herons (not a real contender but I like it)

Still hope they take this chance to create a new, unique to the MLB color scheme. Would love a green & blue combo or something involving plum (I find the city's marketing failures charming). 

f00c5046e943e65eb4b0e9184fcac029.jpg&f=1

That said, I expect them to play it safe and bet on the color continuity keeping the traditionalist grumps happy.

1 hour ago, baseballfan2021 said:

looks like the white sox city connect jersey is here to stay

I can almost guarantee the Sox will wear these against the Cubs for at least three games, possibly every game

On 6/3/2021 at 1:07 PM, Ridleylash said:

So Cleveland's at the vetting process for their new name.

If they want to preserve history, they should bring back the Spiders.

15 hours ago, baseballfan2021 said:

Didn’t people call this? We’ve only seen 3 teams actually release designs for the program and one uniform is already breaking the rules of “only being used for one series.”

By next summer every team will have them as a permanent alternate and they’ll be worn for 50+ games.

9 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Didn’t people call this? We’ve only seen 3 teams actually release designs for the program and one uniform is already breaking the rules of “only being used for one series.”

By next summer every team will have them as a permanent alternate and they’ll be worn for 50+ games.

It was pretty much inevitable the moment the whole City Connect thing was announced--but yes, many of us called this around here.

On one hand, with baseball playing 162 games per season, they probably have enough room for a few alternates. On the other hand...having just come back from Minneapolis, during which time I took a trip to Target Field and more specifically the Twins team shop, having seen just how many different uniforms the Twins have now (until now I've never had a reason to pay attention to or care about the Twins), by my count at least five, maybe six if those cream pinstripes are still in play)  I think there does come a point where too much can become, well, too much.  In the case of the White Sox, for all their uniform zaniness over the course of their history, somehow since settling into their current set, aside from a few one-offs I don't think they've added any full-time alts to their rotation aside from the black jerseys. 

Which leads to the backside of those two hands, on which is emblazoned a big giant swoosh--because that's what this entire thing is about. Yes, they/MLB can promote "City connection", and that's cool and all, but let's not kid ourselves: this is the creative overlords once again flossing their creative will and asserting their agenda--and the three leagues they outfit basically allowing them to do so. That's what all those alts are about in the NBA, straight down to the renaming of the uniform designations (for both them and the WNBA); same with the Color Rush thing with the NFL.

(That's my opinion on it, anyway...I'm kinda past the point of caring; I'm just calling it like I see it.) 

16 hours ago, baseballfan2021 said:

These uniforms are try hard and come off as clownish. The picture of LaRussa is spot on. I can't believe people like these. I hope these uniforms don't inspire any other team and I hope the White Sox keep these garbage uniforms to a minimum

18 minutes ago, tBBP said:

(That's my opinion on it, anyway...I'm kinda past the point of caring; I'm just calling it like I see it.) 

Damn. Change the name and drop the tag line? 😅😅😅🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

These uniforms are try hard and come off as clownish. The picture of LaRussa is spot on. I can't believe people like these. I hope these uniforms don't inspire any other team and I hope the White Sox keep these garbage uniforms to a minimum

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

A black uniform with pinstripes is "tryhard" and "clownish" now? Or is it just the font and the "Southside" on the front that makes it "clownish"? 🤔

Frankly, the Red Sox' yellow and powder abomination is way clownier and tryhardy than the White Sox' black uniform. At least black is a team color.

4 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

A - A black uniform with pinstripes is "tryhard" and "clownish" now? Or is it just the font and the "Southside" on the front that makes it "clownish"? 🤔

B - Frankly, the Red Sox' yellow and powder abomination is way clownier and tryhardy than the White Sox' black uniform. At least black is a team color.

A - the picture of Tony looking goofy doesn’t help 😄

B - agreed

35 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

A black uniform with pinstripes is "tryhard" and "clownish" now? Or is it just the font and the "Southside" on the front that makes it "clownish"? 🤔

Frankly, the Red Sox' yellow and powder abomination is way clownier and tryhardy than the White Sox' black uniform. At least black is a team color.

Doesn’t make the White Sox uniform any less clownish. It’s not an either/or. Both can be clownish despite one being more than the other.