MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

17 hours ago, baseballfan2021 said:

looks like the white sox city connect jersey is here to stay

And to think more than a handful of people on here were criticizing the City Connect naysayers for fearing that these jerseys would start encroaching upon the teams' primary identities. Those of us who were against City Connect from its inception knew that this is where we were headed.

I kinda expected the Yanks to try the reverse pinstripes look, ala the unused version from the 70s, but after the White Sox city uniforms, I'm preparing myself for something really terrible. 

I wonder how tasteless  Nike can go with the Mets playing the Yankees on the 20th anniversary of the Twin Towers. Guess we'll find out!

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Yes

4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

A black uniform with pinstripes is "tryhard" and "clownish" now? Or is it just the font and the "Southside" on the front that makes it "clownish"? 🤔

Frankly, the Red Sox' yellow and powder abomination is way clownier and tryhardy than the White Sox' black uniform. At least black is a team color.

The font choice is try hard and the whole uniform comes off as clownish. I think the Red Sox ones are worse. That fact doesn't change my opinion of the White Sox uniform.

I don't consider a black jersey with pinstripes either "try hard" or "clownish." It's like anything else, it depends how the design is pulled off. Something like what the Yankees proposed back in the 70s, literally just a color reversal, would come off that way because you can't just reverse something and call it a day. You need to make adjustments to account for color balance and what not.

It's kind of like when Apple added Dark Mode to macOS. They didn't just reverse the colors, they changed how shadows work, how color highlights work, etc. Because having a dark background totally changes how things look. I think the White Sox actually did a pretty good job with the color balance and pinstripes.

Honestly, if they switched the wordmark to a blackletter Chicago and put the normal Sox logo on the cap that would be a great ChiSox alt. It's the goofy Southside wordmark that brings the whole uniform down. Only geographic names or team names on uniforms please!

54 minutes ago, QCS said:

Only geographic names

Well, isn't "South Side" technically geographic? I'm more bothered by it being just "Southside," which I've never seen until this uniform.

9 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Well, isn't "South Side" technically geographic? I'm more bothered by it being just "Southside," which I've never seen until this uniform.

"Geographic names" in sports are Chicago, Carolina, Golden State, etc. The names before team nicknames.

2 minutes ago, QCS said:

"Geographic names" in sports are Chicago, Carolina, Golden State, etc. The names before team nicknames.

Maybe they are going for "South Side White Sox," similar to "Golden State Warriors." I don't really like non-city names in general, with a few exceptions. (For example, I hate "Golden State" Warriors.)

5 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Maybe they are going for "South Side White Sox," similar to "Golden State Warriors." I don't really like non-city names in general, with a few exceptions. (For example, I hate "Golden State" Warriors.)

But that's not their name? Their name is the Chicago White Sox. The only geographic name that should be on a ChiSox jersey is Chicago. Not Southside, not South Side, nothing else.

23 minutes ago, QCS said:

But that's not their name? Their name is the Chicago White Sox. The only geographic name that should be on a ChiSox jersey is Chicago. Not Southside, not South Side, nothing else.

Well that's the main issue with the City Connect. Fair enough, I don't like it much either. But my issue is more with how they spelled "Southside." It's been a few days and it still just looks off to me.

29 minutes ago, QCS said:

when there’s 2 teams in chicago they have to put something other than chicago or else it wouldn’t make sense. plus like i said earlier chicagoans know the sox as southsiders so it fits perfect, and the fans love it. the marketing team doesn’t care if other fan bases don’t like it, because we love it

9 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Didn’t people call this? We’ve only seen 3 teams actually release designs for the program and one uniform is already breaking the rules of “only being used for one series.”

By next summer every team will have them as a permanent alternate and they’ll be worn for 50+ games.

I had a feeling this s**t would happen!!! Hit the nail right on the head DietDrP.epper. This crap starting just as the league is probably looking the best it has been collectively in years.(Thanks you for the brown back Padres, Milwaukee looks great, Arizona...thank god you came to your senses and that leaves Miami that needs some work and Texas should've stayed in 2019). CityConnect even sounds so NBA.:cursing:

1 hour ago, baseballfan2021 said:

when there’s 2 teams in chicago they have to put something other than chicago or else it wouldn’t make sense. plus like i said earlier chicagoans know the sox as southsiders so it fits perfect, and the fans love it. the marketing team doesn’t care if other fan bases don’t like it, because we love it

Then use the White Sox script they introduced not 2 years ago. That plus the proper cap logo would’ve made this a much more palatable alt.

I would not mind the White Sox doing a color reversal alternate. In fact,  go all the way with a white hat with a black 'SOX' logo and a sleeve patch with a white diamond with a black sock.

4 hours ago, baseballfan2021 said:

chicagoans know the sox as southsiders so it fits perfect, and the fans love it. the marketing team doesn’t care if other fan bases don’t like it, because we love it

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

A - the picture of Tony looking goofy doesn’t help 😄

B - agreed

The pudgy white guy who’s been accused of being biased against non-white players and who’s roughly three times as old as the average player on this Sox team was always going to look goofy in this uniform, slanted hat or not.

27 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The pudgy white guy who’s been accused of being biased against non-white players and who’s roughly three times as old as the average player on this Sox team was always going to look goofy in this uniform, slanted hat or not.

Believe me, I edited what I called TLR multiple times before just settling on Tony🤣

• CS85 locked this topic
  • CS85 unlocked this topic