MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

There's something very clever about a star with mountain peaks as its points.

There's something very clever about a star with a negative-space mountain range defining its bottom angle.

There's something very stupid about putting both on the same cap.

I'm sure I missed something somewhere, but I also can't remember the last time I actually watched a full baseball game, let alone the Pirates, so...I just randomly happened to see them playing the Nationals today, and the Pirates were in gray tops (I legit can't remember the last time they wore gray tops at all), but they had the script "Pittsburgh" on them.

When did the Pirates go back to using that script on their road grays? Or is it an alternate? 

(FWIW, I much prefer the script "Pittsburgh" over the team font "PITTSBURGH". I also prefer they get back to the vested jerseys, too, but...whatever.)

3 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I'm sure I missed something somewhere, but I also can't remember the last time I actually watched a full baseball game, let alone the Pirates, so...I just randomly happened to see them playing the Nationals today, and the Pirates were in gray tops (I legit can't remember the last time they wore gray tops at all), but they had the script "Pittsburgh" on them.

When did the Pirates go back to using that script on their road grays? Or is it an alternate? 

(FWIW, I much prefer the script "Pittsburgh" over the team font "PITTSBURGH". I also prefer they get back to the vested jerseys, too, but...whatever.)

They changed back to the script last season on both the road grey and a new road black uniform

5 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

They changed back to the script last season on both the road grey and a new road black uniform

Well I'll be doggoned...

gettyimages-1276880544-594x594-1.jpg

...I think 👁 💘 'em.  (I see they finally also changed the color of that pirate's bandana from red to yellow...took 'em long enough.)

10 hours ago, LA_Angels said:

sorry about that here you go.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's almost as if they had to make a last minute replacement and decided to just throw a star behind all the logos and call it a day... (who are we kidding, of course that is what happened).

It's really a shame that the Rockies have no distinct uniform history outside of the home pinstripes, black vested jerseys, and purple jerseys. All-Star Games usually take the most unique aspect of a team's uniform history and use it in the set in some way.

9 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

I don't pay attention the the Phillies, but didn't they wear those at home for a season or two and get rid of them? Like 3 years ago?

My thoughts as well, I think when they started wearing the light blue throwback alt's for Thursday home games is when they stopped wearing the red tops.

Makes sense that the red tops would become a road alt considering the light blue and cream alts are worn at home.

11 hours ago, tBBP said:

(I see they finally also changed the color of that pirate's bandana from red to yellow...took 'em long enough.)

But they only changed the bandana colour on that jersey for whatever reason. Every other jersey still has the red bandana.

11 hours ago, tBBP said:

...I think 👁 💘 'em.  (I see they finally also changed the color of that pirate's bandana from red to yellow...took 'em long enough.)

The red bandana was used in a lot of historical Pirates logos though. 

11 hours ago, tBBP said:

(I see they finally also changed the color of that pirate's bandana from red to yellow...took 'em long enough.)

Just the alternate black road uniform. (The camo uniform doesn't count.)

pRY5MS4.png

5 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

My thoughts as well, I think when they started wearing the light blue throwback alt's for Thursday home games is when they stopped wearing the red tops.

That's correct.  Six games in 2016 and a few in 2017, then powder blues in 2018.

The Phils have worn red alternates on the road before ... way back in 1992 in San Diego

spacer.png

Those All-Star hats look like they took the team logos from what would have been the Atlanta All-Star hats (navy and red) and added purple mountain stars and the new ASG patch. A very mish-mash (cheap) way to try to salvage those former designs.

• CS85 locked this topic
  • CS85 unlocked this topic