MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

It's criminal that they don't wear the red billed caps with this alternate. They should wear it with everything, of course, but especially this. 

My only gripe of this jersey, and honestly the red jersey, is that it doesn't have the same type of three color headspoon/sleeve piping that the white and grey jersey have. It should be White/Red/White on the Blue, and White/Navy/White on the red jersey. Those slight changes would make that the perfect Atlanta set, and could interchange the blue or red for home or away games.  

2 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

My only gripe of this jersey, and honestly the red jersey, is that it doesn't have the same type of three color headspoon/sleeve piping that the white and grey jersey have. It should be White/Red/White on the Blue, and White/Navy/White on the red jersey. Those slight changes would make that the perfect Atlanta set, and could interchange the blue or red for home or away games.  

Yes! The Braves' three stripe headspoon feels very much "theirs" and needs to be on all their jerseys. It's one of the minor details of MLB uniforms that is always overlooked but it's great. The way it even goes over the belt loops on the pants is fabulous.

22 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Yeah they dropped the navy on navy following the 2018 season,

for this.

dansby-swanson-of-the-atlanta-braves-cel

Their spring training jersey is actually a mixture of the two, with a navy on navy wordmark like the old one, but a red number on the back like the new one.

I hate that they don't wear the red brimmed hat these. It looks so much better and more cohesive with the red script.

It doesn't piss me off as much as Houston not wearing the orange brimmed hat with the orange jerseys though.

14 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

MNLXNLAAYVJ2IXYCVSUOBZLFAQ.jpg

chipper_jones.jpg

Yep. Exactly this. This jersey shocked me in 2005 when they broke it out. Right after they played their first game in these, I remember getting the Braves Clubhouse Catalog and these jerseys being front and center on the cover. I finally got a Dan Uggla version in 2012, only for him to be released 2 years later. I hated the Stars and Stripes red jersey, so when the introduced the current one, I was happy. But still would like to see the triple piping return.   

On 10/26/2020 at 6:06 PM, beachperroAZ said:

Any more news on if/when the Cleveland Indians are changing their name in time for the 2021 season?

I'm hoping they are all in on the Spiders...or the Naps. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 10/26/2020 at 7:06 PM, beachperroAZ said:

Any more news on if/when the Cleveland Indians are changing their name in time for the 2021 season?

Nothing yet - if so, I would expect an announcement before the holiday season.  Baseball is perfectly positioned to make their announcements just in time to ensure that everybody buys new stuff.

4 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

I'm hoping they are all in on the Spiders...or the Naps. 

Gotta be Spiders.  That's too good to not use.

Cleveland Guardians is by far the best option among those mentioned. It's a cool nod to the city's history and iconography. Has potential for an interesting Art Deco-inspired branding. And it the -dians suffix will make for an easier transition, although admittedly that's a small point.

The only downside to Guardians might be the slight connotation of a kid trying to sneak into an R rated movie. "Where's your guardian?" That aside, it's a powerful nickname actually connected to the city of Cleveland.

I like Spiders but I just don't see them going for it. It's not the same franchise, doesn't connect to the city which is seemingly a prerequisite nowadays, and would they want to be connected with the worst team in history? 

If we're looking at past names the Indians had, I like Lake Shores and Bluebirds a lot, though I doubt either is on the table for obvious reasons. Maybe they could strike a deal with the NHL and resurrect the Barons 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

I like Spiders but I just don't see them going for it. It's not the same franchise, doesn't connect to the city which is seemingly a prerequisite nowadays, and would they want to be connected with the worst team in history?

1. Adopting the names of old (unrelated) teams is a long-standing Major League tradition.  There are at least six current clubs that have done that.  And Louis Sockalexis didn’t play for the current club, but that hasn’t stopped people from claiming that the name was related to him. 

2. Not necessarily.  And even if it was, see Point 1. 

3.  Nobody remembers that. Besides, so long as the Mets exist, Cleveland doesn’t have to worry about being mistaken for the worst team in history. 😛

I don't get that whole argument "Cleveland Spiders have the worst record". Yeah, like over a century ago. The only people that remember that are hardcore baseball historians. Plus that was more in fault with the owner for moving all their best players to his other team in St. Louis. They had a very good and competitive team before, that included future Hall of Famers like Cy Young.

XM4KeeA.png

Archived