MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

12 hours ago, jp1409 said:

The team that will be formerly known as the Indians could try wine with a hint of navy or yellow like the Cavs.

I was thinking about this recently. But thought wine and orange. Tie in both the Cavs and Browns. Definitely would be unique across all sports. With only Virginia Tech using a similar scheme. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

WIne and sky blue would also be a solid option.  And equally uncommon.

The important thing is that the second color be as bright and vibrant as wine is mellow and dark.

Cream homes, wine as the main color with athletic gold or sky blue accents would fit the Guardians name very well and would be a unique scheme in MLB.

jpeg

il_340x270.801564387_o30b.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the red-on-red with the Angels or the Phillies. My brain is just trained to want more contrast there. In the Phillies' case, I'd probably prefer that the bubble script be white although I don't recall ever seeing a mock up for that. It would certainly match the hat better at least.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

WIne and sky blue would also be a solid option.  And equally uncommon.

The important thing is that the second color be as bright and vibrant as wine is mellow and dark.

I agree, this is a good look:

spacer.png

...though it would probably quash any chance of Philly going back to their '70s color scheme. 

10 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I don't like the Angels' red on red alternates, but I like these. I don't know why. 

The Angels have a red hat logo and red numbers, as opposed to the Phillies white P logo and white numbers. 

Arguably way too much scarlet red for a team that has navy blue, silver, and a darker shade of red. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sorry for the shameless plug. But I thought the color balance was interesting. 

I think I figured out a way to make everyone happy. I was thinking a lot about this yesterday and maybe some combination of wine/orange/navy could work. Using colors from all 3 of Cleveland's sports teams and still keeping navy/red from the Indians branding.

Mods can delete if you want this in the concepts section instead.

E4KxXPhXwAIztSg?format=jpg&name=4096x409

13 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Have the Rays completely done away with their gray road unis?

Not entirely but we wore the standard navy uniforms most of last year and it worked out for us so they decided to keep doing it this year. We wore the gray jerseys for the series in Chicago this week. Only worn them 5 times so far this year I think. 

spacer.png

Archived