MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

2 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Only the Capitals seem to use (the superior) WSH, all the other DC teams use WAS.

That's not really true, at all.  The Nationals and Wizards also mainly use WSH.  Local Wizards telecasts have pretty much exclusively used WSH every game dating all the way back to when they were still the Bullets.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VikWings said:

This sums up my reaction to both the decision to do away with the regular jerseys for the ASG and the design of the jerseys they're going to wear.

giphy.gif

I hate that they're not gonna wear their normal uniforms, but it would've been 1000x easier to accept if the designs weren't garbage

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

It was pretty much an inevitability at this point, but man, did they really pick the worst year to start wearing the All-Star Game jerseys in the actual game.

I'd probably prefer the special designs be used in the Home Run Derby, and then regular uniforms for the actual game. Still, I don't mind the idea of having AL and NL jerseys in the game as much as most others do, but the design has to at least be serviceable for that to work. 

These jerseys, however, are easily the worst ASG jerseys MLB has had in a long while and possibly the worst ever, right up there with Boston's '99 jerseys (in all honesty, these are probably much worse). 

It's a shame Colorado got handed an ASG at the last minute, because there could have been a pretty great design there had there been proper time.

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

Okay, so even *if* these were hand-me-downs from the cancelled All-Star Game in Atlanta 🗣🗣 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHAT DOES A HAWAIIAN FLORAL PATTERN HAVE TO DO WITH THE BRAVES OR CITY OF ATLANTA???

The pattern looks like the Cherokee rose, the state flower of Georgia.  You must've missed my post with photo above.

9 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

I hate that they're not gonna wear their normal uniforms, but it would've been 1000x easier to accept if the designs weren't garbage

Reminds me that Chris mentioned that this is the year that those TATC uniforms were supposed to be standard uniforms according to MLB in 1997-99.

Ugliest MLB Jerseys | TheSportster

1999 mlb jerseys cheap online

And they'd still look better than that garbage. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Everything about these jerseys screams Atlanta to me. The Cherokee rose catch seems spot on. Couple that with the ATL-inspired, three-letter initials. I understand that they didn't want to waste so much inventory, but wearing these in the actual game is truly disgusting. MLB should be ashamed for selling out to Nike to this extent.

1 hour ago, Marlins93 said:

Everything about these jerseys screams Atlanta to me. The Cherokee rose catch seems spot on. Couple that with the ATL-inspired, three-letter initials. I understand that they didn't want to waste so much inventory, but wearing these in the actual game is truly disgusting. MLB should be ashamed for selling out to Nike to this extent.

NBA did the same thing when they moved the ASG to Atlanta from Indianapolis.  They clearly wore the Pacers styled uniforms.

NBA All-Star Game: Perfect Antetokounmpo Nabs MVP in Team LeBron Win; Watch  Slam Dunk, 3-Point & Gladys Knight Highlights | EURweb

18 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

That's not really true, at all.  The Nationals and Wizards also mainly use WSH.  Local Wizards telecasts have pretty much exclusively used WSH every game dating all the way back to when they were still the Bullets.

MASN also uses, well, neither for the Nats choosing to go with NATS on the scorebug.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

6 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

MLB and Nike signed contracts. MLB decided to change the terms of the agreement. They should have bought up the supply of jersey's and had Nike make new ones. The MLB isn't at the mercy of Nike , the fans are at the mercy of the MLB.

5 hours ago, TBGKon said:

NBA did the same thing when they moved the ASG to Atlanta from Indianapolis.  They clearly wore the Pacers styled uniforms.

NBA All-Star Game: Perfect Antetokounmpo Nabs MVP in Team LeBron Win; Watch  Slam Dunk, 3-Point & Gladys Knight Highlights | EURweb

A very similar politically charged situation where the bargaining chip of an all-star game was used to put pressure on a state government. I doubt this is the last time it will happen

On 6/24/2021 at 12:20 PM, ManillaToad said:

It's just the nike logo

It's just ads on the field to recoup the losses from the pandemic

It's just on the umpires

This reminds me of the people who are claiming that NHL's ads on the helmets is just for this season. No, it absolutely won't be extended next season. And the one after that, etc.

Let's not forget the NBA once claimed ads on the jersey were merely a one-season experiment. 

This whole thing is a good example of "creeping normality." How powers that be gradually bring about changes they want, usually against the wishes of the majority, in such a way that it's slow and gradual. Eventually it feels normal or most people don't notice.

to take a break from the ASG awfulness...

the mets played a teaser video at the ballpark on friday night for the return of the black jerseys. this is a small portion of the end. can't find the full version anywhere. i also don't see where it says they're back in july, but that's what the below tweet says, and what SNY's mets site (and subsequent yahoo aggregation) infer. so it looks like these will be back sooner than later:

sig2024.png

22 minutes ago, Brian E said:

to take a break from the ASG awfulness...

the mets played a teaser video at the ballpark on friday night for the return of the black jerseys. this is a small portion of the end. can't find the full version anywhere. i also don't see where it says they're back in july, but that's what the below tweet says, and what SNY's mets site (and subsequent yahoo aggregation) infer. so it looks like these will be back sooner than later:

Interesting.....they chose to use ACDC's Back in Black to announce black jerseys. Not sure I've ever seen that done before.

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Interesting.....they chose to use ACDC's Back in Black to announce black jerseys. Not sure I've ever seen that done before.

It was either that or this...

😁

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 6/25/2021 at 6:29 PM, O.C.D said:

A very similar politically charged situation where the bargaining chip of an all-star game was used to put pressure on a state government. I doubt this is the last time it will happen

Well, it shouldn’t be the last time.  Leagues should stand up for the rights of all Americans. 

but wasn’t the NBA ASG moved to Atlanta due to Covid and schedule conflicts with the NCAA Tournament in Indianapolis?   I don’t remember it being politically charged. 

Archived