MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

On 6/24/2021 at 2:14 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

And even worse is starting at the All Star Game the umpire get to be billboards.

https://www.coindesk.com/ftx-sponsors-mlb-umpires-to-wear-crypto-exchanges-logo

Sounds about right - Manfred continues to slowly erode/destroy MLB.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:25 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Yep, and that’s really what this comes down to. Colorado isn’t to blame for any of this, as it looks like they were going to be used regardless of location. The fact that the MLB had planned to go with these at all - whether in Atlanta or elsewhere - is awful.

Yeah, Colorado got pushed in front of a bus with this ASG as far as design goes.

On 6/24/2021 at 4:37 PM, bosrs1 said:

So what's the over/under on MLB coming out quietly some time either over the weekend or early next week and reversing course based on the near universal derision for these jerseys and the idea of wearing them during the game (I've only seen a handful of responses anywhere online both social media and the press who are onboard with these things or using them during the game) and announces they've "heard the fans" and will be playing with the usual regular unis with an ASG patch during the game?

1% chance of it changing - Manfred has continually shown he doesn't really care what fans think and will do it anyway.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Well, it shouldn’t be the last time.  Leagues should stand up for the rights of all Americans. 

but wasn’t the NBA ASG moved to Atlanta due to Covid and schedule conflicts with the NCAA Tournament in Indianapolis?   I don’t remember it being politically charged. 

Forgive my mistake, I was remembering when they moved the Charlotte All-Star game and I had a brain fart and confused the two. My Bad.

21 hours ago, Brian E said:

to take a break from the ASG awfulness...

the mets played a teaser video at the ballpark on friday night for the return of the black jerseys. this is a small portion of the end. can't find the full version anywhere. i also don't see where it says they're back in july, but that's what the below tweet says, and what SNY's mets site (and subsequent yahoo aggregation) infer. so it looks like these will be back sooner than later:

They used the BP jersey in that teaser rather than the actual jersey that featured blue piping. 

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, insert name said:

They used the BP jersey in that teaser rather than the actual jersey that featured blue piping. 

yup. the BP jersey with that silky mesh (is it called "pro mesh?" i don't know, but whatever it is, i love it so much). that's probably like a random vance wilson shot lol

tim britton (mets beat writer for the athletic) had a Q&A this afternoon, and i asked him if it's the same design or not. his response:

mets-black-design-q.png

sig2024.png

On 6/24/2021 at 3:08 PM, tp49 said:

I was going to say that outside of being garbage the biggest crime of the ASG jersey is that it's $400.  Now that I see it's being worn in the game that takes it to a new level of bad.

The one thing I always loved going way back to my childhood in the stone age was being able to see all the uniforms during player introductions at the ASG.  Since that's now going away I have zero reason to watch unless I want to watch pitchers get strip searched on live tv.  So thank you Rob Manfred for continuing to take the joy out of baseball.  

Agreed. Not only that, and most might disagree, but I always preferred when back in the 70's individual players from the same team even wore their personal choice of one of the team 's alternate unis (I'm especially looking at you Oakland and Pittsburgh).

On 6/28/2021 at 11:16 AM, tBBP said:

It was either that or this...

😁

Well that is what they used back in 98 so it'd be appropriate.  They went with "Mets In Black" to coincide with the movie.

Saw highlights of the Nats and Rays game tonight. Nats were wearing their white script jerseys. Have they been wearing them in the regular season this year? I know it was originally just supposed to be a spring training jersey only, but it's nice to see it being worn outside of Palm Beach.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

13 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Saw highlights of the Nats and Rays game tonight. Nats were wearing their white script jerseys. Have they been wearing them in the regular season this year? I know it was originally just supposed to be a spring training jersey only, but it's nice to see it being worn outside of Palm Beach.

All they need now is a red “Nationals” or “Washington” script jersey and it’s a top tier set.

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

All they need now is a red “Nationals” or “Washington” script jersey and it’s a top tier set.

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

That would be a pretty damn good set with a red "Nationals" script jersey. They really just need to dump the two white curly-W jerseys. And also stick to curly-W on the hats

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

8 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Not that I ever had a reason to notice, or care, but I'm just now seeing how closely the Nationals' road johns resemble those of the Expos...

maxresdefault.jpg

If that's intentional, that's incredible.

That said, why do they feel the need to make the scripts and numbers on their navy jerseys different colors?  That's never looked right to me ever since the first time I saw it...

1184291365.jpg.0.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 hours ago, tBBP said:

Not that I ever had a reason to notice, or care, but I'm just now seeing how closely the Nationals' road johns resemble those of the Expos...

maxresdefault.jpg

If that's intentional, that's incredible.

That said, why do they feel the need to make the scripts and numbers on their navy jerseys different colors?  That's never looked right to me ever since the first time I saw it...

1184291365.jpg.0.jpg

Red NOB would be harder to read. 

17 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

So the Mets unis won’t have the blue head spoon?

we don't know. we don't even know if it'll be the same three-color crest/number. i wouldn't put a lot of stock in the teaser video as far as design goes.

sig2024.png

1 hour ago, Brian E said:

we don't know. we don't even know if it'll be the same three-color crest/number. i wouldn't put a lot of stock in the teaser video as far as design goes.

I couldnt tell from video if there was any piping, but fair enough. 

9 minutes ago, bcon_731 said:

I couldnt tell from video if there was any piping, but fair enough. 

in the video, it doesn't  appear to have piping. that, plus the sheen of the jersey likely means it's an old stock video grab from someone in their BP jersey from 1999-2002. and i know i joked about that being an old vance wilson (back up catcher who wore number 3) clip. it actually looks like there's a number after the '3.' in all seriousness, that's very likely, like...mike hampton's or donne wall's torso (doesn't look like a '1' after the 3, so probably not piazza).

steve cohen has eluded twice to a design being finalized; once when he announced they were coming back, and once recently on twitter. at this point, i'd be very surprised if it's the same black jersey as past years. feels like it's the perfect opportunity for nike to do their city connect alt for the mets and just release it a year early.

sig2024.png

3 hours ago, Brian E said:

in the video, it doesn't  appear to have piping. that, plus the sheen of the jersey likely means it's an old stock video grab from someone in their BP jersey from 1999-2002. and i know i joked about that being an old vance wilson (back up catcher who wore number 3) clip. it actually looks like there's a number after the '3.' in all seriousness, that's very likely, like...mike hampton's or donne wall's torso (doesn't look like a '1' after the 3, so probably not piazza).

steve cohen has eluded twice to a design being finalized; once when he announced they were coming back, and once recently on twitter. at this point, i'd be very surprised if it's the same black jersey as past years. feels like it's the perfect opportunity for nike to do their city connect alt for the mets and just release it a year early.

I'll say this -- the mesh BP jerseys are super trendy right now (possibly a big factor is that the Mitchell and Ness mesh BP jerseys are cheaper and lack the swoosh, but I don't want to speculate) - so it's possible, much like the original BFBS, the Mets are trying to sieze on what's trendy at this point.

Anubis.png

Archived