MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Padres look like complete idiots wearing these stupid-dumb-moronic-absurd red caps with their sand-pinstriped road uniforms.

The Phillies caps look dumb too, but at least they're red so not noticeably dumb from a distance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

and what's with all the catchers wearing navy chest protectors and navy/hot pink shin guards?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I really love how every alternate hat the Brewers wear has a proper batting helmet. They always go the extra mile.

E5VRcBJXEAAMd3V?format=jpg&name=small

I would agree, if any of these special events were worth commemorating with a helmet decal. 

Since they aren’t, I wish the Brewers wouldn’t amplify them.  Better to use their regular helmet logo. 

Watching the Mets now, at least they look halfway-decent while batting.  No need to ruin that look too. 

#5 on the Padres is playing with an actual light on the back of his cap. It’s like a blinking bike light or something. At the game, everyone’s talking about it. 

On 6/30/2021 at 6:21 PM, tBBP said:

Not that I ever had a reason to notice, or care, but I'm just now seeing how closely the Nationals' road johns resemble those of the Expos...

maxresdefault.jpg

If that's intentional, that's incredible.

That said, why do they feel the need to make the scripts and numbers on their navy jerseys different colors?  That's never looked right to me ever since the first time I saw it...

1184291365.jpg.0.jpg

They've been channeling the Expos for a while....

23 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I really love how every alternate hat the Brewers wear has a proper batting helmet. They always go the extra mile.

E5VRcBJXEAAMd3V?format=jpg&name=small

I think somewhere early in this thread I posted a picture of one of the Brewers' traveling equipment trunks. It had so many of these alt logos applied on it.

It's where I sit.

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Also, I want to point out the Brewers batting helmet has an error. It says MIL on the side while the actual New Era hat says MKE.

Nope. The on-field hat says MIL. I am watching them now.

h5i2l9z.jpeg

It's where I sit.

Hmm...   This is rather bizarre.   There are 15 red caps and 15 navy caps, but they're not playing each other.   I was sure that in the past when they had two color options then each game was one vs. the other.   It was jarring to watch the Mets and Yankees both in navy.   Even weirder is the choices of who got red and who got Navy.

Cleveland and Texas have red in their set and history but wore the navy caps against other navy teams!   Tampa Bay, San Diego, or either of Chicago/Detroit, could have gone for the dark option instead of red, the Rays and Detroit literally having navy caps the rest of the year!

It just doesn't make sense.   Given that Pittsburgh traded black for red, it's not like the teams are at all trying to keep close to their usual appearances.   Were there a bunch of last minute schedule changes?

Also, while this is all rather silly, I love the aesthetic touch of the Diamondbacks putting the field of stars in the left stripe of their logo.

ff_3818429-06a4e49a127174f6cec9alt1_full

spacer.png

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Cleveland and Texas have red in their set and history but wore the navy caps against other navy teams!   Tampa Bay, San Diego, or either of Chicago/Detroit, could have gone for the dark option instead of red, the Rays and Detroit literally having navy caps the rest of the year!

It just doesn't make sense.   Given that Pittsburgh traded black for red, it's not like the teams are at all trying to keep close to their usual appearances.   Were there a bunch of last minute schedule changes?

I think that might be the entire point, though.  They probably want some teams that normally don't wear red to wear the red caps, and some teams that don't normally wear navy to wear the navy caps.  That makes it look more jarring and draws more attention to the cap, which increases the visibility and sales of these things.  A Tigers fan might be like, "well, I already have had a navy Tigers cap forever, but that red Tigers cap looks kind of sharp, maybe I'll buy one."  Also, if the Tigers hat ended up being navy, a lot of fans might barely even notice that it's a different hat.  Remember, they're not trying to make things necessarily look good or look right; they're just trying to sell merchandise.  We've clearly learned that from City Connect.

Another weird one - the Angels' retail hats have ANA on the side (a rare Anaheim reference for the "not really LA, don't want to be Anaheim "Angels Baseball" team) but in true Arte style he didn't want the team wearing those, instead they wore 4th of July hats with the 60th Anniversary patch. 

Will the LA Angels have to wear an Anaheim cap on the Fourth of July?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If you took the logo off of the front, I'd have no idea what city ANA *USA* was.

Weird they didn't just go with LA. 

Are they forcing three letters in there regardless?  If so, does the Dodgers read LAX?  That would be incomprehensibly dumb.

25 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If you took the logo off of the front, I'd have no idea what city ANA *USA* was.

Weird they didn't just go with LA. 

Are they forcing three letters in there regardless?  If so, does the Dodgers read LAX?  That would be incomprehensibly dumb.

The Dodgers' hats just said LA *USA*. 

I believe most networks use ANA in scorebugs for Ducks games. 

10 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Ducks also use Anaheim as the city name.

I know; BBTV was saying he wouldn't know what ANA was, but it's not something that was just made up, as it's used in hockey. 

Archived