MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

Just now, Gothamite said:

But yeah, if on balance it cut off their revenue streams, selling the naming rights to Anaheim was a mistake. 

But did it? The Ducks aren’t hurt by it (are arguably helped), so why should the Angels be? From the Angels fans I’ve heard from, Los Angeles Angels has gone over with fans about as well as “New York Dodgers” would have.

I hope Nike only gives them Disneyland or “The OC”-themed uniforms as “City Connect” options. Force them into a bind! 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

But did it? The Ducks aren’t hurt by it (are arguably helped), so why should the Angels be? From the Angels fans I’ve heard from, Los Angeles Angels has gone over with fans about as well as “New York Dodgers” would have.

And I know several Angels fans in the Southland, including more than one in Orange County, who have a problem with Anaheim fans having a problem with “Los Angeles”.  We haven’t come as far as we might have hoped.

But as for the other, hockey isn’t baseball.  They can all look the same from the outside, but the economics of one sport don’t necessarily have any bearing on another.  Moreno found that sponsors weren’t willing to pay as much for deals with an “Anaheim” team as they were for “Los Angeles”.  And the city of Anaheim wasn’t paying him enough to make up the difference. 

It was only ever a naming rights deal anyway. 

15 hours ago, tp49 said:

At the very least they could have had the American League teams wear their road uniforms.  Weird to me to see both leagues in their home sets.

I honestly didn't even notice the AL players were in home unis. I think I was too busy being ecstatic no one was wearing the awful ASG uniforms.

I know it's a pipe dream but I'm still holding out hope they ditch them last minute and everyone wears their regular uniforms tonight. Would be such a welcome surprise.

ClAFLDa.png

On 7/8/2021 at 9:41 PM, tBBP said:

As for Jacksonville, I'll tell you what I tell everyone else about it: it's basically the most spread out bedroom community in the country, and aside from Orange Park, San Marco, some parts of Baymeadows and the immediate downtown core, may as well be a giant trailer park by the beach (much like the rest of the state). Now it does have a pretty strong business/logistics economy going for it, so there's that. But yeah...it's trying to come up a little bit from what I saw last time I was there.

I never would have thought I'd see Orange Park mentioned on this site, having gone to high school in the area.

Personally, I find Jacksonville to be quite a bit underrated, but that's mostly due to its proximity to the beach, rather than anything in the city itself. Riverside is pretty nice though, with a great art museum and independent movie theater.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:58 PM, SpenserRM said:

You could not pay me to go to Tallahassee. 

As someone who is currently studying at FSU, I don't blame you. There really isn't much there beyond the college campuses and the government buildings.

22 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

They're doing team photos at ASG in regular team uniforms. Makes me sad we won't get to see the regular looks in the actual game

2 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

I honestly didn't even notice the AL players were in home unis. I think I was too busy being ecstatic no one was wearing the awful ASG uniforms.

I know it's a pipe dream but I'm still holding out hope they ditch them last minute and everyone wears their regular uniforms tonight. Would be such a welcome surprise.

For as long as I've been paying attention they use the All-Star uniforms for the Home Run Derby.   Thus far I have not seen the All-Star uniforms once the entire weekend.   Is there, perhaps, an actual chance they have been ditched?   It's the last day of the All-Star festivities and I haven't seen a trace of them anywhere.   Seems odd to just suddenly break them out for the game and not before.

spacer.png

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

For as long as I've been paying attention they use the All-Star uniforms for the Home Run Derby.   Thus far I have not seen the All-Star uniforms once the entire weekend.   Is there, perhaps, an actual chance they have been ditched?   It's the last day of the All-Star festivities and I haven't seen a trace of them anywhere.   Seems odd to just suddenly break them out for the game and not before.

Players haven't worn them yet to my understanding, but i did see some of the kids handing Gatorade to the players last night in the derby wearing them.

2 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

They're currently wearing the jerseys and hats for warm ups

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

54 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

They're currently wearing the jerseys and hats for warm ups

Yeah.   I have to say... they are terrible, but they look 100% better than they did in the pictures.   The red is a lot more vibrant.   The colors are obviously Braves-inspired, but one could easily wave them off as being the colors of the league.

A turd with glitter.   Still a turd, but better than it could be.

Given the last set had palm fronds, I'm guessing local flora is going to be a theme from now on, or at least that was the plan.

spacer.png

spacer.png

To whoever raised the question, the AL is wearing matching navy pants with the jerseys.

IMO, I'm more turned off by the jersey design than the monochrome uniforms. I would much rather have the regular uniforms for each team worn for the All Star Game, but I'm not opposed to the concept of monochrome colors in baseball (used in moderation)

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Man they should've just ditched ASG jerseys this year because this blows. No ones buying these anyway. 

I did notice players have stars on the back depending on how many times they've been an All-Star which is an interesting touch.  This also doesn't look good. 

XM4KeeA.png

What the mother F is this nonsense:

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/philadelphia-phillies/philadelphia-phillies-new-era-upside-down-59fifty-fitted-hat-red/o-3443+t-92899945+p-04024415684+z-9-2239035110

Philadelphia Phillies New Era Upside Down 59FIFTY Fitted Hat – Red

ff_4204345-7a62aa8cb536f17b4a08alt1_full

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 minutes ago, BBTV said:

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/philadelphia-phillies/philadelphia-phillies-new-era-upside-down-59fifty-fitted-hat-red/o-3443+t-92899945+p-04024415684+z-9-2239035110

Pretty sure we have to mark this as NSFW

XM4KeeA.png

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

It's like New Era has become like Taco Bell. They both essentially take the same ingredients for every product and rearrange them to make something "new."

Archived