Jump to content

MLB 2021


SportsLogos.Net News
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

GET YOUR COLORED BRITCHES HERE ! GET YOUR COLORED BRITCHES HERE !  Get those concepts updated with mono sets. I liked the AL's dark britches, Get ready for more of these in the future. 

I like the idea for individual teams, but not for the All Stars. I think if you want to come up with an All Star "uniform" take a page from old NBA All Star games and come up with one design, but each player wears it in his team's colors instead of one color with mismatched team color logos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will echo the sentiments of many and say the uniform uniforms were a bummer and it really put a damper on my enjoyment of the game. Call me an old for that take, but seeing every team's uniform up close was one of my favorite things about watching the All-Star game. I hope they go back to wearing their own uniforms next season, but I don't expect that to happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What be always wanted to see is for the ASG/HRD uniforms to be an exact copy of the team’s regular home or road set, but in the colors of the host city. Picture deGrom in his regular Mets uniform, but in Blue and red (Phillies in 25) or something. Or Clayton Kershaw in his regular Dodgers uni but it’s black and orange over cream (If the game was in SF). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, insert name said:

Twitter was pretty vocal about the uniforms so hopefully they won't do this again. 

someone had a good point on twitter that it was difficult to identify the individual players because they weren't in their team unis, how that wasn't a smart way to showcase the stars. Hope we never see that again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

someone had a good point on twitter that it was difficult to identify the individual players because they weren't in their team unis, how that wasn't a smart way to showcase the stars. Hope we never see that again. 

 

I had difficulty recognizing players that I know.  It didn't help that the NOB was pretty small (and was red-on-navy on the AL uniforms, so there was minimal contrast).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brian E said:

just spitballing here, but what if MLB and nike tried to get the best of both worlds?

 

they could go with a base national and american design. maybe for next year, it's white jerseys/pants for the NL, grey jersey/pants for the AL. both jerseys have contrasting front numbers in honor of the dodgers being the host. use a dodgers-inspired 'national' and 'america' wordmark, but render the script and the trim in the colors of the team that player is representing.  so, say for the mets: 'national' script in royal with an orange outline. front number in orange with blue outline. hats could also be in team colors, but with 'N' and 'A' fronts. then let the players get crazy with accessories to throw in that visual flair. 

 

sort of solves two problems: 1) you get that visual rainbow that's great about the ASG/pride for hometown fans in seeing their players rep their team's colors, and 2) nike/MLB have fresh inventory to sell. and i bet they'd sell even more knowing the look would fit in among other non-ASG fan gear.

 

just to visualize this idea, this is a (bad) mock up i did in paint. ignore the fact that jake is wearing 42, i was obviously working off a jackie day photo. everyone's trim/wordmark/number/letter/hat colors would change based on their parent club:

 

degrom-nl.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I like the idea for individual teams, but not for the All Stars. I think if you want to come up with an All Star "uniform" take a page from old NBA All Star games and come up with one design, but each player wears it in his team's colors instead of one color with mismatched team color logos. 

When did the nba ever do this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

 

It's like New Era has become like Taco Bell. They both essentially take the same ingredients for every product and rearrange them to make something "new."

 

 

I'm convinced that New Era has become some kind of crazy social experiment at this point. Some of the products they put out defy reason. At least everything at Taco Bell tastes delicious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Krudler said:

The uniform thing wrecks the All Star game for me.

 

It definitely damped my enthusiasm a ton. Seeing all of the team uniforms was one of my favorite parts of the whole experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

What be always wanted to see is for the ASG/HRD uniforms to be an exact copy of the team’s regular home or road set, but in the colors of the host city. Picture deGrom in his regular Mets uniform, but in Blue and red (Phillies in 25) or something. Or Clayton Kershaw in his regular Dodgers uni but it’s black and orange over cream (If the game was in SF). 

This would've been 1000x better than the :censored: they pulled this weekend

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

What be always wanted to see is for the ASG/HRD uniforms to be an exact copy of the team’s regular home or road set, but in the colors of the host city. Picture deGrom in his regular Mets uniform, but in Blue and red (Phillies in 25) or something. Or Clayton Kershaw in his regular Dodgers uni but it’s black and orange over cream (If the game was in SF). 

 

1 minute ago, MNtwins3 said:

This would've been 1000x better than the :censored: they pulled this weekend

To be honest, as much as I dislike this year’s ASG uniforms, I think they are a better option than this. If MLB decided to go with this hypothetical format in the future, more than half of the time the teams would all just be dressing up in red & blue versions of themselves (such as the Phillies example). Otherwise, a Dodgers jersey in Giants colors feels borderline sacrilegious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dont care said:

When did the nba ever do this?

They designed their first All Star games based on the city that hosted it.  My idea was that if San Diego hosted, all of the NL teams would wear their version of the San Diego home jersey with their team colors and the AL would wear a version of the San Diego away uniform but in their specific team colors. 

81727581_crop_exact.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

They designed their first All Star games based on the city that hosted it.  My idea was that if San Diego hosted, all of the NL teams would wear their version of the San Diego home jersey with their team colors and the AL would wear a version of the San Diego away uniform but in their specific team colors. 

81727581_crop_exact.jpg

 

So basically the bp and derby jersey that were actually worn in SD except in the game.

 

Here's an easy way for nike and mlb to cash in.

Go back to having teams where their regular uniforms including allowing standard alternates. Not the bs Nike NBA thing they're doing but for example the a's in an AL city would wear their standard home, the yellow top and the green top similar to what they did in the 70s.

 

Then you can show off all these purchasable options that are already part of the teams package. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They designed their first All Star games based on the city that hosted it.  My idea was that if San Diego hosted, all of the NL teams would wear their version of the San Diego home jersey with their team colors and the AL would wear a version of the San Diego away uniform but in their specific team colors. 

81727581_crop_exact.jpg

That isn’t what you said though. You said one design but each player wearing their own teams colors. The NBA has done nothing like that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

What be always wanted to see is for the ASG/HRD uniforms to be an exact copy of the team’s regular home or road set, but in the colors of the host city. Picture deGrom in his regular Mets uniform, but in Blue and red (Phillies in 25) or something. Or Clayton Kershaw in his regular Dodgers uni but it’s black and orange over cream (If the game was in SF). 

So you mean like the uniforms previously worn on Mothers Day (pink),  Fathers Day (blue), Memorial Day (camp), and Independence Day…where people (especially on this board) complained.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dont care said:

That isn’t what you said though. You said one design but each player wearing their own teams colors. The NBA has done nothing like that

I said based on this idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CS85 locked this topic
  • CS85 unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.