Minnesota Wild Jersey Concepts

raysox

Hey guys!

In an effort to keep busy and in the hockey mood between games for my Tampa Bay Lightning, I went down a rabbit hole of the NHL youtube page. Seeing stuff titled "best of the decade", where the differences over the course of the last 10 years are very apparent.

The San Jose Sharks went from their Nabakov era unis to a very sharp set now.
The Florida Panthers went from a Reebok template to one of my favorites in the league now.

However, the Minnesota Wild downgraded, if. you ask me. The current set has minimal red and a lot of the cream color, causing the whole look to look a little drab. 

So in my first straight up uniform concept in YEARS, I wanted to address some stuff.
-more red to offset the head to toe green

-change that dumb thick block font

-ultimately get rid of green and red clashing (outside the collar)

Lemme know what you think.

Ei9_jUPXcAICGXN?format=jpg&name=large

Ei9_jUgWAAEUPJm?format=jpg&name=large

15 hours ago, QCS said:

Make the white jersey cream and that's a winner. Well-designed, nothing ground-breaking, but certainly a very solid look. Good job!

The green jersey is a major upgrade over the current ones. However, I'm in agreement with the comment above. Do a cream inversion of the green set and it would be a tremendous look. The green jersey doesn't have any white in it so it throws things off a bit. I'd also go with red outline on the numbers on the cream version. 

35 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

The green jersey is a major upgrade over the current ones. However, I'm in agreement with the comment above. Do a cream inversion of the green set and it would be a tremendous look. The green jersey doesn't have any white in it so it throws things off a bit. I'd also go with red outline on the numbers on the cream version. 

I agree 100%. 

N3d5IIl.png

Greens look slick, but remind me of New Jersey a little bit. I think they would look good with red pants, but if the pants end up being green then I’d maybe add a hem stripe to match the arms. I personally prefer the first white jersey shown, but I also have a problem with cream touching white, so that might be why. Also, that template is clean! Is it yours? Wish it was head to toe, but I would love to play with it if I had your permission.

On 9/28/2020 at 4:21 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Greens look slick, but remind me of New Jersey a little bit. I think they would look good with red pants, but if the pants end up being green then I’d maybe add a hem stripe to match the arms. I personally prefer the first white jersey shown, but I also have a problem with cream touching white, so that might be why. Also, that template is clean! Is it yours? Wish it was head to toe, but I would love to play with it if I had your permission.

It's a buddy's unfinished template so it's not mine to give out, sorry!

The beige jersey is a no go. It's easy to say to do that, but  it doesn't look very good. I tried an off-white version of the above white uniform and it looked like a used rag. 

I will say that I created a State of Hockey alternate! The thinking here is to have an old school looking jersey that a high school hockey team would look normal wearing.
EjHVzMsWsAEiYHR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Archived