Best Quarterback Numbers

gwl144

I've always thought 19 would be a cool number to wear if I were a quarterback. I also like 15 and 16. Just personal preferences, really.

Side note: I've recently been thinking about how the Washington Football Team has had a quarterback on the roster who wore number 8 every year for the past decade

2010-13: Rex Grossman

2014-17: Kirk Cousins

2018: Josh Johnson

2019: Case Keenum

2020: Kyle Allen

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, 1insaneguy said:

I've always thought 19 would be a cool number to wear if I were a quarterback. I also like 15 and 16. Just personal preferences, really.

Side note: I've recently been thinking about how the Washington Football Team has had a quarterback on the roster who wore number 8 every year for the past decade

I honestly think about the Washington 8 way more than I should too. It’s mind blowing how often a QB chooses to wear that number upon arrival with the team.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:49 PM, monkeypower said:

And from someone who's not old enough to have watched him live, Doug Flutie rocking #20 for the Stamps looks weird in highlight footage, even with the CFL's more lax number specifications.

Doug-Flutie-throwing-ball-1995-scott-gra

Then it’s going to blow your mind that the most famous moment of this guy’s football career 

1215_flutie-1000x687.jpg

was against this guy.

82205436.jpeg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

On 10/19/2020 at 7:34 PM, 1insaneguy said:

And if you take it back one decade prior...

Brunell_Mark1_Redskins.jpg

Was there for a few years in the '00s.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 months later...

Not sure where to put this plus it’s likely just a weird coincidence and has zero meaning. I just thought it was neat.

There’s three QBs in the NFL with the last name Allen

Both Kyle & Brandon wear 8

Josh wears 17

1+7=8

Hear me out, Josh Allen wears 8 by proxy of the other Allens

Josh

spacer.png

Kyle

spacer.png

Brandon

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hypothetically speaking, say Matt Stafford ends up in Washington for 2021, should he do what Dwayne Haskins did with Joe Theismann and call up Sonny Jurgensen for use of 9? Or should he switch to another number?

I’d love to hear @BBTV’s thoughts on a potential situation like this.

On 1/14/2021 at 4:21 PM, DNAsports said:

Hypothetically speaking, say Matt Stafford ends up in Washington for 2021, should he do what Dwayne Haskins did with Joe Theismann and call up Sonny Jurgensen for use of 9? Or should he switch to another number?

I’d love to hear @BBTV’s thoughts on a potential situation like this.

If he does, I'll be rooting for nothing less than a snapped femur - and for someone else to take any of his accolades away, because that's basically what unretiring a number is - except that it's just about the highest award a team can give a player.  There better be marrow on the turf.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

If he does, I'll be rooting for nothing less than a snapped femur - and for someone else to take any of his accolades away, because that's basically what unretiring a number is - except that it's just about the highest award a team can give a player.  There better be marrow on the turf.

There it is.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:28 PM, tjs11 said:

I don't think there are any BAD numbers for QBs per say, but I do think of certain QB numbers in terms of "pocket passer vs scrambler/athlete/or gunslinger". Seems wrong to see an 8 or 16 to scramble, stuff like that

Despite the fact that some of the best scrambling QBs of all time wore number 8… 

young-scramblejpg.webp

353819.jpg

ArchieManning-1268-GeorgeRose.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Seeing Chad Henne in action last week reminded me of how much I also like No. 4 for a QB.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived