New Football League Puts Viewers In Control

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've actually followed this league for the past couple weeks and it seems like they have some other interesting ideas along with the Fan-Controlled aspect of it: 

• They've been live streaming some minicamp practices on their Twitch Channel (FCF) 
  • Hybrid Arena football rules (No kick offs, punts, or field goals, 7-on-7 instead of 8-on-8, still 3 down linemen) https://www.fcf.io/static-cms/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/FCF-Rulebook-1.25.21.pdf
  • Weekly shows with players and coaches live streaming on Twitch along with their companion talk show on there now. 
  • Fans can invest in individual teams via startup funding website Republic: https://republic.co/fcf-beasts (more interesting notes on the business model here as well) 

They're also beta testing the app this week too: https://fcf-beta-test.kickoffpages.com/

I will say that regardless of how it turns out, at least it seems like they are fully committing to the premise and being fairly forward thinking about the presentation of it all. 

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Ronnie2K joins Fan Controlled Football as co-owner | Dot Esports

He works for 2K Games.  I don't know why that's relevant but okay.

I guess he's a  more of a "name" in the gaming/E-sports community. Might help give the league more street cred in the streaming/digital aspect of it. Either way the more names/investors attached to this league, the better its chances at survival. 

3 hours ago, Cruhawk7975 said:

I guess he's a  more of a "name" in the gaming/E-sports community. Might help give the league more street cred in the streaming/digital aspect of it. Either way the more names/investors attached to this league, the better its chances at survival. 

I still have no idea who Bob Menery is and why he's relevant to the FCF.  I had also never heard of Greg Miller until this league was created.  I saw him host a live gaming stream with a bunch of WWE Superstars and he wasn't all that bad.  He had a decent amount of charisma on that stream and I could see why the FCF wanted him to be involved. Also had never heard of Trevor May until the FCF (it shows how much I have watched the MLB in recent years).  I had heard of the other owners before FCF though.  Deestroying had a cup of coffee in the CFL but is known for his YouTube stuff.  We all know who Mike Tyson, Richard Sherman, Austin Ekeler and Marshawn Lynch are.  I knew who Quavo was from the group Migos. Renee Montgomery played in the WNBA and sat out their 2020 bubble season due to concerns over COVID-19 and the fight for social justice.  She works for TMZ Sports and her status for the 2021 season is unknown.  Miro is the former WWE Wrestler Rusev, who's now in AEW.   

38 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I still have no idea who Bob Menery is and why he's relevant to the FCF.  I had also never heard of Greg Miller until this league was created.  I saw him host a live gaming stream with a bunch of WWE Superstars and he wasn't all that bad.  He had a decent amount of charisma on that stream and I could see why the FCF wanted him to be involved. Also had never heard of Trevor May until the FCF (it shows how much I have watched the MLB in recent years).  I had heard of the other owners before FCF though.  Deestroying had a cup of coffee in the CFL but is known for his YouTube stuff.  We all know who Mike Tyson, Richard Sherman, Austin Ekeler and Marshawn Lynch are.  I knew who Quavo was from the group Migos. Renee Montgomery played in the WNBA and sat out their 2020 bubble season due to concerns over COVID-19 and the fight for social justice.  She works for TMZ Sports and her status for the 2021 season is unknown.  Miro is the former WWE Wrestler Rusev, who's now in AEW.   

Yeah definitely a decent amount of star power for essentially a sports-themed tech startup. Bob Menery is an internet personality famous for having a distinctive sportscasting voice (he does the VO in Buffalo Wild Wing's commercials and posts content on social media often). Greg Miller was a former editor at IGN who founded his own gaming site/company: Kinda Funny. These two and Deestroying and Ronnie 2K are the gaming/internet representation for the league i guess.  

14 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I have subscribed to their Twitch channel, namely to see how the games go.  Not sure I like the rule that rosters change every week.

Im a bit skeptical about that. I believe its 2 franchise players and a "keeper" after week 1 stay with each team. I think for season two a good wrinkle might be for all teams to gain a "keeper"  player each week so there's fewer positions to redraft weekly and rosters can gel a little further.

That may also explain why helmets haven't been released yet too, assuming each player uses the same helmet they might just use a neutral base color for helmets (different shades of gray, etc.)  and just put team decals on them, changing decals for players when they get drafted to new teams. 

Just now, GDAWG said:

I am going to wait until the end of the season before I say the league survives.  They are in a bubble right now, but a lot can change rapidly.

The way it's set up, I can't see the point of rotating through cities, like PLL. It's just a 7 man version of the Spring League. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived