New Football League Puts Viewers In Control

SportsLogos.Net News

10 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The way it's set up, I can't see the point of rotating through cities, like PLL. It's just a 7 man version of the Spring League. 

I can see them going that route once they add more teams and also when the Pandemic ends.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found it fairly entertaining in a sandlot football type of way. Watched a bit here and there over the two games and will tune in again.

I wish though for the re-draft that each week the fans would vote on an additional franchise player (or two, one offense, one defense) to designate for each team so throughout the season you build a core of players. Give the player a bonus if/when they are franchised.

Despite the terrible uniforms, the play was fairly entertaining. However, for a game that is intended to move fast, there is a lot of down time between snaps, as the players wait for the fan-called play to come in. I found that I was able to advance the video as much as 30 seconds after the end of each play, before the next snap.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

14 hours ago, Lana_del_Bae said:

This is just Arena League with worse uniforms

The streaming aspect is pretty cool I guess, really shows how much of a slog the NFL is when it comes to presentation

Not really if anything I’d say this league is in much more of a slog. When after each play they have to cut to the commentary booth so some fans can pick the play (which then ends up just being an draw designed or not). I’d say the NFL is the standard in terms of presentation across sports, NBA being close behind.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

And uniforms are such a mess, a player tackled his own guy with the ball. 

So I’m not the only one that had a difficult time differentiating teams since they all share colors with eachother and don’t have clash kits.

the zappers have the best unis in the league. i am biased though cause i am a zappers fan. also i been told multiple times by some fcf fans that blue doesnt clash with purple

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Celebrity ownership helped make this league popular. I saw a lot of interest from non-football people.

Only if it's a celebrity I have heard of.  I still don't really know who Bob Menery is or why he's famous.  And I had never even heard of Trevor May before the FCF, which goes to show how much I keep up with Major League Baseball.  They added YouTubers and people who I would not consider celebrities but somehow they are.  The lineup of celebs I have heard of though are impressive: Renee Montgomery (former WNBA player), pro wrestler Miro, Mike Tyson, rapper Quavo, former NFL player Marshawn Lynch and current NFL players Richard Sherman, Dalvin Cook and Austin Ekeler as well as Rachael Lindsay of the Bachelorette and Deestroying.  I had never heard of Greg Miller before this league but I saw him host a gaming stream with a bunch of WWE Superstars and he was charismatic and fun enough.  Everyone else I had never heard of before hearing about the league nor do I care enough to know.  

They need to get the kind of celebrity that is not just "who the f is that person?" as an owner, which was the reaction I had to a lot of these guys.  If they do get some guys who are like Greg Miller, who was charismatic and charming from what I saw when he hosted that WWE gaming stream.  The FCF needs to go after some more MLB players (maybe guys I have actually heard of instead of a non-descript bullpen guy like Trevor May) as well as some NBA guys.

On 3/27/2021 at 7:17 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I hope they drop the weekly draft. That (along with the unspeakably bad uniforms, of course) is what dampened my interest.

Yea, I didn't like that portion either. I thought it'd be kind of fun if as the weeks progressed the teams get to keep additional players so by playoff time they have their teams set.

44 minutes ago, Skycast said:

Yea, I didn't like that portion either. I thought it'd be kind of fun if as the weeks progressed the teams get to keep additional players so by playoff time they have their teams set.

They should have this be a fan thing instead of reshuffling the entire roster. They also need to turn of fans calling plays in the last minute and a half. That's when teams are trying to get moving and having to waste 15-20 seconds, even if the clock stops after every play, is just something that helps the defense. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived