Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 145 - The Kings of Nothing)) THREAD COMPLETE!

heavybass

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good News we're going back to the Pac 12 in this update... bad news is I intend to fix a team that received the creative shaft from Nike... time to save the...

ARIZONA WILDCATS
ACtC-3ehU4SG8GSBeqgY60V7rDKtS1FSemm1GNOL

ACtC-3eg7tzoHytVFjWO-22K63uMFJ4AMQCz6F0u

ACtC-3fF7Wp4jnVW4mUL8TnRcKIKFaL24rwKssCY

Oh boy... Nike ruined the Wildcats and now I've decided to revert and mix their old look with something fresh to give some life... The Pac 12 South needed a white helmeted team and I figured that the WIldcats were that option so now White helmets for home, blue helmets for road and red helmets for when they alternatively play at home.

Plus for the Road i seemed to have mixed it with the NY Giants in terms of looks... and the sleeves, I added a shiny copper to go with the darkened red/blue for the aesthetic of a sunset.

Might as well drop the next team I've just completed... and this team in the ACC is nothing too special, pretty much like any of the fillers out there... this is a team defined by one play by one man which is why they brought out the iconic 84 look.

It's...

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

ACtC-3e6V45pOX9PuMSdBUs6kALqnCCfDGK2qTs3

ACtC-3dLVmB6mTu4tt1EI0sZ2aAUJUtq6I0Wb0HM

So for these instead of Alts... I would make retro home and road kits of the Doug Fluties aka the 84 looks.

ACtC-3evU3Cx2j4lxdoccAyYf6pJCAPWD1_of5it

On 10/27/2020 at 12:00 AM, heavybass said:

Alright, alright. We are going to save the cardinal/crimson debate for another day as it's time to update the thread.....

With the furthest northern team in the Big 12...

WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS
ACtC-3d6polMuJhXNWldcaPPypAMPhHVA7b4rr3E

ACtC-3flkQHqv2kDmmBjXrZCuAYkmgEauSPw0FFj

ACtC-3fQlVNppyJw0doab8eY5qPySS43mcSkCnYo

West Viriginia has three colors and they changed the uniforms recently but I don't like what Nike did... so I added some lines onto the sleeves that looks like the mountain... also no grey alt, I focused on the white, old gold and blue instead.

Helmet logo should always read WV, not VW, but otherwise this is a good concept. I'd say add some yellow into the road uniform a bit too.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Speaking of gold... it's time to drop more fancy gold as we move back to the PAC-12 and move onto the Buffaloes..

OF COLORADO

ACtC-3cguX63HN-6UOzdyte9SBscQ4G0m3N_LjPx

ACtC-3d4uWW-VR26RHjH6w3Db6EEGlbeWUJ7ffwm

ACtC-3cAD5f4NqHintWegq10qu5abt9MGetdcaCG

The Alt is known for being Silver but I figured Black was a much better idea for an alt.... I'm probably going to be pointing this out but I was stuck deciding sleeves for this concept until I was reminded of the old USFL team known as the Denver Gold and considering Colorado was a close match to that old scheme, I took the sleeves from there and added them here... it pays tribute.

Oversized CU logo on the pants completes the set, Gold, Black and White options are available.... no double gold though.

I've been powering through the last 2 entries for this batch.... first up is a school that has one of the best colours I have ever looked at it, for it reminds me of beautiful orange creamsicle... and the school is well known for standard traditional uniforms, so I figured I would do the same... except getting rid of the smokey grey because as the NFL has it's own BFBS issues, college football HATES GFGS.

Thankfully I've seen this team in black but that bright orange shines through for the...

TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS
ACtC-3eH8Es6A8u_tYqINO2D51h_W5wEq1W0ogvw

ACtC-3fs30e1KRiOPGs-OKlqUiOv3npqA2PTjnbe

ACtC-3cXfOVaba24izhgmOAdhuVWToWjIs1RTkQ6

The Vols don't need much, no chess pattern on there as their rebrand reverts back to what they are known for.... that bright orange.

The last team for this batch of Power 5.... is a university that went through an ENTIRE rebrand of all their sports and whilst the colours are great and everything and all sides are unified together, the football team got the absolute worse treatment... colors are fine but everything else seems barebones...

Let's fix the Bears of BAYLOR
ACtC-3fA7HVTyvkKLiI2mnghwPMIxJ9_68upxdoA

ACtC-3f5MgVj65OHwTm91_0DPPiCr4WXAut_28I1

ACtC-3cBOrbFEHspsFA62-naAOJw6rs-wdC6GTiC

Baylor Bears has a good look and is the only green team in the Big 12... just a few extra touches and that's all they need.

Next up in this batch of Group 5 teams... is a team formerly of the Group 5 that went independent and all because of a TV deal, they left the AAC to go back to the Big East Conference where basketball reigns supreme, however their football program went independent as a result and now I present to all of you...

THE UCONN HUSKIES
ACtC-3cfZKNwAzF0uCUb7xYyCzpRZ8w61IwZQ3-s

ACtC-3coY_te3Tm8YW_FnI4TVXd_dePiUqz7PkRx

ACtC-3dq_X7_Yd5pnhChRME2WvlUjl0-Xl99Yiy1

The Huskies have a unique identity for a northeastern club so I figured I take the basketball stripes, apply it here and then add a red outline to the C to make it stand out more, they are an independent football team now so they can organise their own games with whoever they want... not this season however because of COVID but I intended to give this team a much needed visual boost.

Here is the hardest team I've had to make because I had to make a request for said aztec calender which thankfully was fulfilled so thanks to @MJWalker45 for that.... now I unveil...

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS
ACtC-3dJy5GbzGm4NwC_uHcolMhNxCFCvqZNc_Ci

ACtC-3fglmX_HbuIKMCfpacAWYfR-crpFgXgjhRj

ACtC-3dRRJwOb9SIyxCXzMDH6WEYeoXjsEWVasX4

((The uniform right now for SD State is one of the best in College Football as it makes a unique identity when the PAC-12 decides to invite them in alongside Boise State))

We could all use the distraction right now and I am no exception to this because mental health is very important... so I did 2 for the price of 1 in this edition, both are in the C-USA and both are in Florida.... first I'll introduce the...

FIU PANTHERS
ACtC-3eyA3rvm0-ugixjGim3VdPSLK9Xcw6PMUKO

ACtC-3e2xkK232xXkNrI92gr157iY6y6TTGlKcPg

ACtC-3dKWO5GggkZu1r4QeEttrLiFXmSqz-Eh31A

Changes including ditching the monochrome look that they had and emphasing more on the gold feature since they used to be called Golden Panthers.... I figured if they make a bowl in the future, they might do what they did for when they took on Toledo and use an all white look with championship gold or something, a special occasion.

And now for the other Florida team... they wear different helmets so I figured I combine the Giants and the Patriots look into these...

FAU OWLS
ACtC-3cANTK_GM4W0Qs32O1ySmeoZkjLoBn2pvUi

ACtC-3d4AJ0VualKpksCxhsoaOs4uVxpi-WJ_KXk

ACtC-3dMz4qp1z6syZfRZWAdA_2GkzHNOUY1lbIi

The Home outfit is something I would like the see the Patriots do when they eventually drop the Patriot Grey but they haven't so the FAU Home is a glimpse of what they could do... the FAU Road outfit is a reminder of what the Giants used to have and it was those slick retro/color rush combos but FAU uses Red helmets and lastly the all reds with the blue helmet... with silver stripings? Yeah the silver is light but it's there.

Moving onto the Sun Belt now as the next revealed is a team whose look is basically essential and it follows on FAU's scheme.... as they are known as....

THE SOUTH ALABAMA JAGUARS
ACtC-3er1NVQZzCB0YfyXP9_w6RtaTTd0-XHIOx9

ACtC-3e2gK19DkjaWYJlUT3t3VMbnm1dVhtjCFDd

ACtC-3cnYsyLeSMJ8Lha8eQUurs5EpJGVwdFjxRB

The Jags dress up in Patriotic colors so I gave them the same... but these Jags look a lot better than their bigger Jacksonville cousins.

Quickly moving back into the Mountain West as a team that tries to be itself but then they try to become their rivals, the Utes.... and I figured why the hell do you need to be your rival, you are your own team, make yourself unique... and that's why I am now unveiling...

THE UTAH STATE AGGIES
ACtC-3cUvnxSrpWeYzmNFZcjPSOofhxh8bhFPSIm

ACtC-3e8uMLPtDqsG9hdgv4ylUeJcqcq2vkoRmew

ACtC-3cTv-3ok_PO5v7d3GWj8i6vOi5ZKw9OZbPP

The Aggies are the Aggies, Navy, Pewter and White... they don't need to copy their rivals, they need to be their own style and the horns on the front are literally this...in a division where flashy uniforms and oversized helmets are the rage, Utah State brings normality to this Group of 5 division.

15 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

However Nevada may want to have a word with them

Funny because they would have words.... if I hadn't of decided to make thesmelves different.

NOW then moving onto a last minute decision because this team unveiled a Silver option and considering an NFL has moved into Nevada... I figured if there was going to be a team that would copy them then it's this time because what's another term for Raiders?

NEVADA WOLFPACK
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3dJutKMXJol6LIJKA75lc8e13m3mB1WbLBaWiRWJg7ilWDqo3dgphf87U-e2MSb0ioMp_3IWL3s4k5QrwYUEskQjgWnw0SSwhFbWEURSzISjKidci1rgIYW7LgbIwNGp-gsEE3qbXNdk4WNJtcww_Kc=w1202-h967-no?authuser=0

ACtC-3dy-dy2LGtBMvwPN-4tdXEF6hNpAlTHJfDz

ACtC-3fuMQsPiFmaYw3oW1LhPyk0Q1GzdZYK0XnG

Embracing the Raiders look into their own, the new Silver takes over as the dominant part of the Wolfpack as it glistens in the Reno sun... the Blue is what seperates the Black of the Raiders despite the NFL team sharing their gorgeus black hole in the desert with Nevada's rivals UNLV.

On 11/10/2020 at 5:50 PM, heavybass said:

Funny because they would have words.... if I hadn't of decided to make thesmelves different.

NOW then moving onto a last minute decision because this team unveiled a Silver option and considering an NFL has moved into Nevada... I figured if there was going to be a team that would copy them then it's this time because what's another term for Raiders?

NEVADA WOLFPACK
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3dJutKMXJol6LIJKA75lc8e13m3mB1WbLBaWiRWJg7ilWDqo3dgphf87U-e2MSb0ioMp_3IWL3s4k5QrwYUEskQjgWnw0SSwhFbWEURSzISjKidci1rgIYW7LgbIwNGp-gsEE3qbXNdk4WNJtcww_Kc=w1202-h967-no?authuser=0

ACtC-3dy-dy2LGtBMvwPN-4tdXEF6hNpAlTHJfDz

ACtC-3fuMQsPiFmaYw3oW1LhPyk0Q1GzdZYK0XnG

Embracing the Raiders look into their own, the new Silver takes over as the dominant part of the Wolfpack as it glistens in the Reno sun... the Blue is what seperates the Black of the Raiders despite the NFL team sharing their gorgeus black hole in the desert with Nevada's rivals UNLV.

If we're really leaning into the Raiders look I'd love to see the white jersey with silver numbers like the Raiders throwbacks- always a good look! 

Archived