Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 145 - The Kings of Nothing)) THREAD COMPLETE!

heavybass

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/25/2021 at 6:51 PM, heavybass said:

Or Choice B?

ACtC-3dWAMlaloh__xyxlw0TLY1bIjkxAHmlD5_I

And now comes the Kent State Golden Flashes because B seemed to be the popular option, I wanted to show off what the design was originally.... you look at that and they are a tad bit purple which I realised when I made the design.

HERE IS WHAT I DID WITH THE GOLDEN FLASHES

ACtC-3f9JKq9p5YM3XhMDZoAtb_dwjhLu-kV3z4-

ACtC-3dxl2FkKNmexc4X1jEYD9hcH-aGaKIDyEJK

ACtC-3fzipbNW56h3ph-X_NiDTgv_tzvz4UL8K9l

True Blue Navy was the colour I discovered that fits well with the infamous Gold of Kent State, using white as a third layer helps too... everything gets redesigned, the logo now highlights those three colours alone, the tops were fine BUT the pants were not... so again going back to St Louis Rams, I adapted those to here and essentially used a traditional number font to make sure this change was noticiable.

Kent State has eyes on joining a Power 5 group.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 114 - Kent State Golden Flashes))
3 hours ago, heavybass said:

And now comes the Kent State Golden Flashes because B seemed to be the popular option, I wanted to show off what the design was originally.... you look at that and they are a tad bit purple which I realised when I made the design.

HERE IS WHAT I DID WITH THE GOLDEN FLASHES

ACtC-3f9JKq9p5YM3XhMDZoAtb_dwjhLu-kV3z4-

ACtC-3dxl2FkKNmexc4X1jEYD9hcH-aGaKIDyEJK

ACtC-3fzipbNW56h3ph-X_NiDTgv_tzvz4UL8K9l

True Blue Navy was the colour I discovered that fits well with the infamous Gold of Kent State, using white as a third layer helps too... everything gets redesigned, the logo now highlights those three colours alone, the tops were fine BUT the pants were not... so again going back to St Louis Rams, I adapted those to here and essentially used a traditional number font to make sure this change was noticiable.

Kent State has eyes on joining a Power 5 group.

I'd add a logo to the sleeve caps or maybe the lightning bolt from the back of the logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'd actually gotten the 49ers done and was going to post that next... but then I realised that the Sun Belt hasn't had a team in a while and we're down to 2 official teams in that league, plus the Cajuns are just plain boring despite them being Raging and having a chili pepper as a second logo.

And not once did they consider they could have the first hot take uniform since the Fire of Rhein?

I'm going to change that now...

RAGING CAJUNS!

ACtC-3cMMurmF1AKd_eMcWoTDwP38VIqLK3tAQ-s

ACtC-3e50OCyXMraqo5eOtFskBMyUKIsp4-pGL4I

ACtC-3eky0zsBVJ2ebGyFTgrU8ggBC1gsT8HBS4u

I mean no one considered using Fire as a basis of a look but Cajuns have five colours in their set and orange is their ascent? I figured the Cajuns can benefit from being the lit team in the Sun Belt as they are literal FIRE!

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 115 - Louisiana Ragin Cajuns))

Time to post what I did for the Charlotte 49ers....

HERE WE GO

ACtC-3dP5m6gbfeyOLi5saiI1cs0pJC8akSHmyDV

ACtC-3fWRJdBk4j0hkB9dEFzZhYBjcQkGRu-C614

ACtC-3ekFJGaYu0sybq5h7tXyubQ3vJ2wEWiCeBJ

For the 49ers.... I wanted to go back to the previous scheme but the gold currently they have doesn't work with the Olive Green.... So I decided to add in a glittery gold that works as the lighter gold and use the previous gold as the darker... this darker gold replaces the black.

Also the 49ers copied in terms of pants, the Panther rebuild I did.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 116 - Charlotte 49ers))

Going to assume everyone's been ok with these so far? I believe we are getting closer and closer to finally out all the FBS roster.... so let's move on.

Back to the AAC now where a colorful team exists that resides in the Carolinas.... however despite an exciting pattern being released a few years ago, they do appear tame and restrained...

:censored: that I realise.

I took the basis of two concepts previously done here and made my own concept calling them the Funties ((Shanties + Fun)).

AVAST YE PIRATES OF EAST CAROLINA
ACtC-3ebFodk8KxXDOSoRgFPMR6VbIrfdEmvE2YQ

ACtC-3fHm2MVRSSa2yftqVfIwzNxLH65K7j40FF2

ACtC-3clrqe7-z_tRLlxRG_3cCGmtruGEJkwvCa1

Unique pattern pants, pirate sleeves.... 3 set home, 3 set road, PYP alt and the Black Rum set.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 117 - East Carolina Pirates))

Next team up is a team that has gone through so much legalise because one team "glares at Idaho" thought they were copying from the other.... so in my eyes this has set up a Iowa/Southern Miss rivalry that we all like to see... so if Idaho is essentially the Steelers, then by all accounts...

SOUTHERN MISS NEEDS TO BE THE LOOK TO PISS OFF IDAHO

ACtC-3evaft0kzSuqeGQnVtbD6rQRd9v4ePtMZEO

ACtC-3eXZxeMPreJFEjNHsWlgyFAWzQMKQbxP-rO

ACtC-3cACqJV2nF2H9hxaymYRAX28BeqpE1Vu8KT

The Steelers rivals were Browns and Colts (from Baltimore) so I figured I turn Southern Miss into a classic, bold identity that keeps it's uniqueness by having black sleeves... but with stripings that actually match, also have yellow pants as secondary options but all to keep Idaho mad as Southern Miss keeps playing just to spite them.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 118 - Southern Miss G-Eagles))
  • heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 119 - Wyoming Cowboys))

120 Parts later and I'm still here... unbelieveably I have deviated much from what needed to be done and we are doing some FBS teams now....

First up trip to the ACC where a team is traditional as it comes, yet last year Nike thought they give them stylings from their close rivals and yet it doesn't work for....

VIRGINIA
ACtC-3fGEwNvVaUfSPrnm-SLAH-jhxKYh9xd0_p5

ACtC-3dthYW39TrTxb3evn6Jg7ZY53Je8bY4mqjB

ACtC-3eqydmVoR582JU8TR_lo2IozESM3wjlT4Rt

The secondary logos are blasted by those in Virginia University itself, the number font is stolen from the Hokies and the blue that is in their secondary logos are those from the Tar Heels.... Nike thinks adapting other looks is good but they don't know :censored:, however they introduced Cavalier Orange and that is a good replacement for their Rotunda Orange.... kept the Jefferson Blue.

I mean it is, what it is... this is a famous Basketball school after all. ((that lost to a 16th seed))

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 120 - Virginia Cavaliers))
14 hours ago, heavybass said:

I mean it is, what it is... this is a famous Basketball school after all.

Friend, you seem like a nice fellow, but as a Texas Tech student and a Red Raider through and through, I don’t ever want to hear about Virginia basketball again! 😂 Wreck ‘em Tech!

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

Friend, you seem like a nice fellow, but as a Texas Tech student and a Red Raider through and through, I don’t ever want to hear about Virginia basketball again! 😂 Wreck ‘em Tech!

Did you notice the ((That lost to a 16th Seed?))

On 6/4/2021 at 7:59 PM, heavybass said:

... I figured I turn Southern Miss into a classic, bold identity that keeps it's uniqueness by having black sleeves... but with stripings that actually match, also have yellow pants as secondary options...

I'll say it before and say it again (and this is especially relevant to me regarding Southern Miss, where about half my family went to school over the last 70 years)-- if you are going to have a name like GOLDEN Eagles, RED Raiders, GREEN wave, etc., for goodness sake, play up THAT color in your logos and particular uniforms. 

I like  the yellow (gold) pants as an option and love the yellow (gold ) jerseys, too.  I wish there was some way to make the yellow/gold a more common and visible element, such as making it the permanent helmet color and maybe pants color.  I could  live with the black jerseys if that were the case. 

It is what it is.

Now then....

"gets out some Black and Gold disinfectant"

We're heading to Pittsburgh where this is the only team NOT to suffer the Black and Gold curse that the city LOVES to give to other teams that are not the Pittsburgh Steelers, benefits though include a 100 year independent streak with 8 national championships including a legendary undisputed 1976 season where they won over EVERYONE.

But then they joined the Big East and then broke away to become part of the ACC... however their new look is a bit overachiever and too much at the same time, sometimes classic modern needs to be less complicated and just clean looking.

HERE ARE THE PANTHERS

ACtC-3cC7n03ayYzOyItGGxaZZNbxnxH4xL4Mrgi

ACtC-3fo2AZAVsGwtgzNsYA2Sp41yL7GJxoc-802

ACtC-3fpv4VUUyE2nLar82wZl7fvpKK05thK9A62

No Black, No Grey, No :censored:ing Anthracite.... none of that bollocks, just Royal Blue and Gold with the Alt being the previous Navy and Old Gold.... sometimes you just NEED to look the part and this lot will flow.

((I don't think Pitt had White Pants in their history so I rolled with it))

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 121 - Pittsburgh Panthers))
  • heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 122 - Louisville Cardinals))

Quick Update because the next team is literally the easiest thing I did.... once a dominant power school of the North, ran by a beloved coach for 50+ years until 2011 where a child sex scandal involving a coach who was pretty much a dirty scumbag pedo caused the coach to get sacked who unfortuately died....

This school suffered a lot although they still have a we are better than thou attitude...

Here are the Lions of...

PENN STATE
ACtC-3cZrErDUEZqeZqI7qBdEToUQMtMPQyZqtFF

ACtC-3d-A_956NmzmJeH6pzyq0dwoj8AgfM74kja

I actually kind of lied... its a sort of sneak peak of what I'll be doing to that overyhyped piece of :censored: school Alabama "cracks knuckles"

SO...

Did you know that Penn State University has two other blues apart from Nittany Navy?

No?

NOW YOU DO!!!

ACtC-3dihAf_tCMdPr6R2Ss7Wf-nGJcWXqEXQE67

Presenting the Penn State Beaver Lions and the Penn State Pennsylvania Lions.... based off the two blues for special alt reasons.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 123 - Penn State Lions))

NORTHWESTERN

ACtC-3chRFZk8EiTmJY7-l_amrG_DRmM6wa8XXBQ

ACtC-3dzFNYTxBsVZKUOVKOwiMZqd8B1PpBAJMJq

ACtC-3dl4-m0xTG2lJZ8ztue8DgCeWsOngc9qdE5

Northwestern's recent mantra in recent years was reclaim the stripe... however I just imagined one day what would happen if Northwestern decided ':censored: it, let's look like we are really dominant' so the idea behind this... was the infamous Purple Eaters of the Minnesota Vikings.

A look that shows off strength, intimidation  that also looks good.... Northwestern went to the title game last year and got screwed thanks to the Big 10 finding a way to include Ohio State into the game.

That was the breaking point... Chicago's top team shows no mercy from here on in.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 124 - Northwestern))

Some of your pictures aren’t showing up for me and I’m not sure why. Otherwise, I’d love to get some feedback.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived