Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 145 - The Kings of Nothing)) THREAD COMPLETE!

heavybass

As @sleuthpanther said already, this latest bunch is definitely an improvement. There's a few things that stick out a bit, namely the choppiness of Duke's shoulder stripes. It may be a product of the program you're using, but I think those stripes could use a bit of extra care, just to smooth 'em out a little. At least in this batch, that's the only critique I have. Great job!

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/4/2021 at 11:10 PM, heavybass said:

Funny a few hours go by and I get ideas... so I retooled the Red Raiders and as I said before, I would use Atlanta Falcons as a template BUT I didn't say which Atlanta Falcons era though... for the Red Raiders of Texas, there was one era that defined toughness, that defined meanness, that defined what made Texas Tech great.

The 90's in particular I am refering to the Dirty Birds of the late 90's... noted for Black, Black, Grey. One era of the Red Raiders defined this look...

THE ERA OF ZACH THOMAS
ACtC-3cGsWWhPK8yHLwkEnqi1Mls3X3o5Be-JAI9

ACtC-3fbakqz0z0OD7_n5C21l5SyOO_XFYvj_DHI

ACtC-3dPwFEQq-NDm78KXnF6J6lu1NKLwxZMLu8P

The idea here is what I call a mix and match, where 3 helmets, 3 shirts and 4 pants are interchangeable between each other, thus able to create different varients of the Red Raiders... adding silver to the mix in pants form is different I can tell but the logo has 4 colours, so I am adding that to the pile.... plus silver helmets and shirts for red raiders would not fly, I tried to come up with something but alas it doesn't work.

Trust me this is not Oregon, nobody wants to be that designer :censored: like the Ducks are.

Really not digging this Texas Tech concept. There are a lot of similarities to Ohio State without being OSU. The silver on white with subtle red accents just doesn't really seem to work. It also seems unbalanced because Silver isn't included anywhere else. Just seems a bit forced. 

With two minutes of research, I can see that Texas Tech already has its own history and has previously used a black on black throwback. It's a great look and I don't think you really need to reference the Falcons because TT already has this in their own history. 

What might be a cool feature is a sublimated star on the sleeves and using shoulder numbers. TT has tried to do Texas themed jerseys in the past. This would be a nod to that but more subtle. It would be a nod to the past but bringing in something a little more unique/modern to help attract the young recruits. It might work.. it might not. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Really not digging this Texas Tech concept. There are a lot of similarities to Ohio State without being OSU.

Valid reason why I didn't use Silver Helmets because then it WOULD be similar to Ohio State, which people will rightfully notice.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

The silver on white with subtle red accents just doesn't really seem to work. It also seems unbalanced because Silver isn't included anywhere else. Just seems a bit forced.

The silver is actually there might I add, it's in the logo, if you find a link on google and then look carefully... silver is an accent colour.

Probably go for tv numbers on the shoulders maybe.

8 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

What might be a cool feature is a sublimated star on the sleeves and using shoulder numbers. TT has tried to do Texas themed jerseys in the past. This would be a nod to that but more subtle. It would be a nod to the past but bringing in something a little more unique/modern to help attract the young recruits. It might work.. it might not. 

((This is WIP but I assume you mean like this?))

VyvmhzUh.png

Now it's time to move on the next team on the list... The Big 12 check, non Texas team check and comes from Iowa...

Time for the...

IOWA STATE CYCLONES!!!

ACtC-3fqyEW9oDJmpo642DFNC88BwdTqzSNjOOdz

ACtC-3fF-vungYSV-SUp0LVUlLr-g8wbqkY23tcm

ACtC-3cj1hUZoAsluVKg2VYRTzkyaebHzsdfqY0C

A lot of cyclones implimentations aside, the Cyclones represent a more intimidating set of colours that include 2 reds and a bright gold that whilst sets themselves apart from their state rivals that they need a more traditional set to carry that color across... and essentially set themselves apart from all the red teams in the NCAA.

((Yes i draw stripes by hand and it does in fact suck))

Back to the vast amounts of Cardinal/White where now we move onto a school that pretty much is still the same... one of the long running traditional looks resides in Indiana surprisingly and with that the Hoosies have embraced that look for 150 years... so what can I do to enhance that traditional look into the modern age whilst they are pissed off at the Big 10 for legit screwing them out of a better bowl game?

I did mention that this update features the Indiana Hoosiers?

ACtC-3dGTdYtpGkeZbqQV3ukt2elygSZG62SCaSV

ACtC-3foTYbxyUPZJkpqxbSVQQ4GA64aHdQqrCAZ

The Candy Stripes from the Basketball team adapt themselves onto the Football team giving overdue depth to a traditional look with an updated red... but there will be those that will embrace the traditions of a good throwback.... the Hoosies provide such throwback.

ACtC-3csmFTThn4OlfrICRUgAZ5q3vQ8qhsWpULb

Nothing screams tradition with a Block I.

Now I'm going to make another admission right now.... when I posted the Tar Heels with the Air Jordan, I didn't realise at the time that this was not the first time Michael Jordan's Alta Meter was branding itself with the brand... in fact 3 major football teams decided to do this first.

Going to ratify this mistake.

AIR WOLVERINES!!!

ACtC-3ciZopd8e91XgOgH1Ae7MqnHmhza_NPTeVX

ACtC-3dVkaD3sGtjcfYh9vcooiWKTgExWCHHJ3L2

ACtC-3cGwJ7da2ZJKkrCL2NBX2rjYhUgL4D6QdhS

Michigan was the first to adapt Air Jordan as a football team and actually it looks a lot better than I originally thought... although this is my opinion and probably not reflective on actual Wolverines on this site.

On 5/6/2021 at 8:53 PM, heavybass said:

((This is WIP but I assume you mean like this?))

VyvmhzUh.png

nah.. I was thinking like black on black or red on red.. sublimated. It's subtle, kind of like Oklahoma State has the barbed wire elements in their uniforms. 

36 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

nah.. I was thinking like black on black or red on red.. sublimated. It's subtle, kind of like Oklahoma State has the barbed wire elements in their uniforms. 

Oh the lighter black on black and darker red on red

I figured for this next team, I haven't done a major side in a while and it's been ages since I went to the PAC-12 so that's where we are heading today and we got to talk about the Bruins of UCLA, the inventors of the sleeves that the Colts use... innovators of West Coast football, rivals to USC and Cal and the place where Josh Rosen came from.... the poor unfortuate bastard.

Anyway they are going to be debuting with the new Air Jordan sponsors and I as well as many, many people on here liked what the Chargers did for their rebrand unlike the Rams and their so called 'BONE'... I had the idea that the current gold helmets for the Bruins is a bit off so I figure let's go for a refresh with bright colours like what the Chargers did.

And so I present to you.....

THE FUTURE OF UCLA

ACtC-3ezAgRnOBakj4npdclu7sLL3sryJ0SUA5SD

ACtC-3efmf6UZ1QW-LcxzWzpYuXFglHf-i8FtCEB

This is the first of 2 concepts I envisioned for UCLA... calling this the future, the Bruins ditch the mighty gold helmets and mighty gold pants into the bin alongside Under Armor and now use White, UCLA Blue and Westwood Gold as this look beckons and shines in the Californian Sun as a clean look hopes to inspire Westwood's finest into glory once more.

Also no alternates because UCLA hates alternates... unless it's retro.

((I haven't forgotten about the traditionalists, that one is coming soon))

Back to the SEC where we tragically reflect on a team that has been picked on the worst.... years upon years of being battered by Alabama and LSU has done terrible things to Arkansas, it was bad enough that they were often Texas's :censored: but here... I don't like the use the analogy of domestic violence here but there is so much you can take before you finally take a stand and say NO MORE

And so with the fury of a fictionised Austrailian Giant Boar that tore through the outbreak eating Women, Children and OAPs.... the Razorbacks have been consumed by a new blood red fury that has transformed the team into a new era, no more looking like Oklahoma, no more constant losing... right now these are..

THE NEW PISSED OFF PIGS!!!

ACtC-3c3m3JY7TxngwyQrgovWqHHsu7ePfv5qspC

ACtC-3dBRZ_9ubdy1wcd9x-YzpQiqhGgZGzfp9Gx

ACtC-3f9Bf8d1pyu8-_HcSsxXEKbVZ2s7iF3OIWl

With Blood Red being the new Arkansas Red, a new white needed to take over... thankfully this was in the team's official colors as they listed an off-white called Quartz which looked PERFECT so I made a set like this.... no more throwbacks, just a new bold look, the Alt is basically the return of the Cowboys Fauxs that they wore in honor of Jerry Jones whose Alta Meter was Arkansas.

UPDATE

I will going ahead with the replacement slot for the Mountain West as i'll be needing a 12th team because they won't be able to compete for titles.... however these will be defunt teams and they have history with the Mountain West or originally the Big West Conference before they broke away...

So the teams in question are:

CS Full Titans
USF Dons
Pacific (CA)

and probably include:

Denver
Gozanga

Now I'm gonna throw down a triple update because i'm going to be out of town for a whole week...

PURDUE BOILERMAKERS

ACtC-3e0nzp5Eijr4ovoBkHuORjWA3lZXIs2-Q3P

ACtC-3ftK4hZ4vwsFiKMGroLQ-f3xBkf3sIG7EMC

ACtC-3d9R_lx4-9j7lH7Z5rbCbVh1umXW9Ac07dq

Let's be honest; Purdue has a good look except for the gold.... it's not intimidating enough, so I changed it to old school NO Saints gold and now they look the part.

MISSISSIPI STATE BULLDOGS

ACtC-3cSx27QN3WkOlahFBoyQNLS5J0S3BPj_Alc

ACtC-3eFVkjunv0O5KEIC4ZLwgXNOoniGT4h9v1N

ACtC-3cb0_QLF2kKSS8jz9BkmtZJJIZApqCmgYFv

One of the infamous double maroons of the SEC, I figured it be time to seperate Mis State from their rivals Texas A&M.... so whilst tradition wins out, it's the Alt from the last two years that carry over... winning the Egg Bowl in these screams character and improvements, now they'll be worn now and again.

OREGON STATE BEAVERS

ACtC-3fCMgQYH7uAl4rVcyCdJ-f_m3Ux3a0moTja

ACtC-3c0bjVr21aN3uxTp4SktOHTcESEe7AOJYNr

ACtC-3e83szaFqXJx7AhP0M5Z6rxISYZCRzlgrgU

The look of the current Beavers of Oregon State is just no.... they ditched the bronze but they were able to ditch the white in the form of 'natural'... here I resurrect the previous kit with the current colors as the Beavers officially ditch white for good whilst bringing back the Bronze as a number support character.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I come back after a full on week and the site has literally changed... not sure if I like it or not, anyway speaking of change, this next Group Team decided a change was needed....

Moving into the MAC...

AKRON ZIPS

ACtC-3ehU57JX-0Q-OAgTThVAgDqgTELDCBzxB3IACtC-3fz6ntXjBow4rYPQ2QDoRuEKHiBp0Zz5JhzACtC-3cj7cVune_OS_YEyLkdONdJ9jsemyLsAUGbThe all Chrome Gold look had to be taken out of the barn and shot down with a shotgun.... in it's place comes this design, improving a side like Akron and make them uniformally appeasing was the idea I had... and so came to the side pants, Akron is known for it's rubber and tire industries so honoring both with tire marks down with off white rubber esc.

Also you could say the colors resemble the St Louis Rams... this was intended to try and outshine their rivals Kent State.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 113 - Akron Zips))

Archived