Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 145 - The Kings of Nothing)) THREAD COMPLETE!

heavybass

On 10/10/2020 at 4:38 AM, heavybass said:

And now for the next team....

The most well know independent school in the college system.

NOTRE DAME

ACtC-3cqjQuovzkkpDqjC7fcvf3OnbGo30RjyORP

ACtC-3fPz5YJmlPluWVGn4xU0s1DsHS-s6uA6cMY

ACtC-3eLl7ZmGx5NaSyDtGELZE0-5WUEEWguDBhT

The Fighting Irish are members of the AAC in other sports but in football, they are Independent and as such I designed it as such... Helmet is always the same, no matter what. The Navy is the same, the White is the same, the Green is the same... only thing I did was added pant options for when they get involved in College Bowls, otherwise its default Gold Pants.

If I was to make another Alt then it would either be from their Shamrock Series... either the 2014 ones or the 2015 double greens.

Love it! And yes, please do the Shamrock Series!

N3d5IIl.png

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagerly awaiting the next team is something I learnt has a tragic history but from that tragedy came the team's fighting message with the fact that Randy Moss came from this school... makes it obvious.

The next team is the MARSHALL HERD OF THUNDER!!!

ACtC-3c7cJPhpOVPQ8Mi7OERdAmcdM8USUBrPTnL

ACtC-3e49QVKbB7FpeGSr6JGYXeXY5Hgxwo6D0Py

ACtC-3f-Dszgk4p99J6Y2xFaHZNVUIbw8COPHf9Y

3 Basic Colours, 1 Helmet, Kelly Green shines for everything... Marshall's is simple and yet it is also traditional and thus there was no reason to change anything... I would say 2nd pants for special games/bowl series but other than that it's Marshall and their history is very interesting plus there's a film about Marshall.

I'm literally getting good ideas through my head as we go through this batch... and then we move onto the next MAC team which is essentially a hybrid of the New York Jets and the Indianapolis Colts.

So I treat them as a fusion of the both but I got sick of making Black Alts so you'll see in a moment... time for the OHIO BOBCATS

ACtC-3cY-epGiwcdgAN-pppSbTkSSxByXwDxf1h-

ACtC-3dL-JRDeTKVAdaBFitqcx3nwmYzz3I4fwGx

So here we are... I got sick of black alts so I figured I do something a bit different.

TAN ALTS

ACtC-3eqM7LfkiaNdEyfkinRb_0f-yPHLqxBGvQv

Moving onto the Sun Belt now with the original innovators of FCS class football known as the Mountaineers of Appalachan State.

ACtC-3d6CrEk0x87QcsOdYA37joSekrhND5TfK9A

ACtC-3fwcDwzuw8Kb9gdANj4hIcCdyRabL4dklL8

ACtC-3eueAT6RaQiioHC41g3ANjpIM4uDOCTVZR-

Current A-State looks trash, so I've reversed to one of the previous sets and it looks clean and crisp that it benefits so much of the Steelers of the South... it's like the other known rip off of the Black and Gold Bridage is going to get a MUCH needed change "looks at the Hawkeyes"

Team 14 ended up with me making a mistake and registering a 3rd MAC team but then I figured screw it because now in this climate where the look of the R*dskins is gone, a team has to take the move to claim them, luckily we have the Chippewas making the step up as now we move over to Central Michigan... one place that remains traditional well until the eventual left caravan shows up.

ACtC-3c4JntzWb-tCBQsTyJZ1cmDaG1dEG7DK6Q3

ACtC-3duj-zkhGot_HqHd94GuLRiri0UOH4MhuaM

ACtC-3eTCcF1vhZiobzPsgCwhilGr1_4vyyNcjLg

Chippewas are the only side so far to register two pairs of pants in all Home, Road and Alt.... their purplish like maroon works with the white and the gold.

Next up are the 2017 National Champions.... and no it's not Auburn, why it's those brave golden warriors from Central Florida that call themselves the Knights.

ACtC-3dQZv9Bt4Cj3taLUiLOcOoxUBciFBnpp1Sf

ACtC-3fV8ssKshE5VtzzqFqcu-HvBSDpPA9xCilv

ACtC-3eN2AUXEQkv0vWDwiH6yg6e9TkyirzZH8AH

The helmets in Central Florida rotate between the kits... this is to compensate for the dropping of other colours and to make sure they aren't a canvas :censored: like the Oregon Ducks.

4 hours ago, mvk said:

You mirrored the helmet, the UCF is backwards on the one side view.

edit: same issue with Central Michigan

Hold on.

"quick changes later"

ACtC-3eyqIk5vYW4PRwr7lBWNdHksnt1NDdLP0IZ

ACtC-3eoLPnH2v7AOKSgBPxt6xNnHeU_XCvvtAOV

ACtC-3fu0FyS-ZW5bkKotiCADROxRSiwC5j7KXhp

ACtC-3cbg40el7KraP40srr97fWyQxM4ZTLzXdq2

ACtC-3fLC5MZeSsrsdyjjuvgxddqtplNgPr386CE

ACtC-3fJgrSD4t1lpvw2cZbnEpCy_HXapx0an91k
And if you haven't guessed already, the Alt of the Knights is paying tribute to the New Orlean Saints.

Lastly in this round of Group of 5 teams...

Boise State.

ACtC-3ePZHWlVcQk6KT55c92hl6EcF9eU84TUedr

ACtC-3da7khxIpqJrLo0uvRfWj-UGZhYtE9zTrn3

ACtC-3eLfFEL2OKR1K1rEIq7joVr7-QY4N46ZgtN

Let's go through the checklist shall we?

• Powerful, Rich indentity that is too good for Group 5? Check
  • Already defeated very well known teams? Check
  • Candidate as a Power 5 team? YES

This is a team that the PAC-12 needs to sign up... mostly because it'll give the Oregons and the Washingtons a decent opponent.

Boise State is a modern college team design's wet dream, three colours define Boise and I've eliminated the silver.

The oversized logo is this school's staple so I applied it to one side of the pants, the other side are two sweeping lines of white/blue/orange depending on either Home/Road/Alt

The strong non-symmetry is messing with me, although I know that's the current aesthetic. Specifically, I think having two oversized logos on the same side, one top, one bottom, is overpowering. I think Boise can get away with a single oversized logo, but doubling up with another oversized logo feels too unbalanced. I do like that you're embracing that unique aspect of their uniforms though, rather than trying to force them into a more standard template.

Also, I wonder: could the diagonal striping that we see elsewhere on the uni be applied to the blank side of the helmet to give that some sort of identifying visual element?

2 hours ago, OHK said:

The strong non-symmetry is messing with me, although I know that's the current aesthetic. Specifically, I think having two oversized logos on the same side, one top, one bottom, is overpowering. I think Boise can get away with a single oversized logo, but doubling up with another oversized logo feels too unbalanced. I do like that you're embracing that unique aspect of their uniforms though, rather than trying to force them into a more standard template.

Also, I wonder: could the diagonal striping that we see elsewhere on the uni be applied to the blank side of the helmet to give that some sort of identifying visual element?

Boise State's signature as far as I can tell is one giant logo on one side and then the other side being blank.

Next up from me is actually a two fer as these two teams from the Big 10 are VERY similar in looks and colours so this was tricky... essentially I treated them as one project trying to show the flaws of two teams that look the damn same... these two teams are...

NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS

ACtC-3eq7tvvnfNaVQiYLnLN-HDQ4NcPvVacGRDQ

ACtC-3deXMOlaGZmr4zGnhVxrFyCtIUnQ3g-ve4W

ACtC-3eoeHi2Y_En96urZ34CiUSAt0YBd3pRBTE9

Cornhuskers embrace tradition, they embrace simplicity and they simply use Scarlet and White as their main color combo... the only time they have use another color is for referencing their well known defense known as the Blackshirts so the evolution of the black alt embraces the blackshirts idea but not use a white helmet but also all black with that scarlet.... some are going to be irked I can tell, but as I said in a previous posts... traditions are like scrambled eggs.

and now for their rivals....

WISCONSIN BADGERS

ACtC-3dZqPY7vGeZ5kbBnbQNZj_t2aiLXL7uoWUS

ACtC-3dPxQUEa13ADXOLNGA6iOuspxMyjLVeRyAT

ACtC-3cXIAWA8VouiPD-72BJVn2lf10OmStIwWSo

Yes Wisconsin is part of the OMG Cardinal is awesome club alongside other clubs in the NCAA, in particular there are WAY too many redshirts in this division as in WAY too many although the Badgers do embrace the Cardinal well and to make themselves not like those filthy Huskers, their masks are all white that compliment the white helmet... their roads of all white is another traditional means so that meant that they needed to stand out... and so they embrace their deep red alts, a red that's unique to the Big 10... and hopefully will make Ohio State look like idiots.

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

All the Badgers have ever needed to do is wear a proper cardinal red like Stanford does.

I'd prefer the modern varsity W over the motion W too, but I can live with the latter.

So all they had to do was embrace Stanford's sangria red???

They look great everytime they wear throwbacks in that color.

spacer.png

I do like that you haven't tried to reinvent the wheel with the Badgers so far.  Some people have too much of an compulsion to make Wisconsin and Nebraska not look like each other, IMO.  But it happens sometimes.  Look at the old SWC games (or current SEC games) between A&M and Arkansas.  Or anytime one of those teams plays Alabama or Oklahoma.

51 minutes ago, NicDB said:

They look great everytime they wear throwbacks in that color.

spacer.png

I do like that you haven't tried to reinvent the wheel with the Badgers so far.  Some people have too much of an compulsion to make Wisconsin and Nebraska not look like each other, IMO.  But it happens sometimes.  Look at the old SWC games (or current SEC games) between A&M and Arkansas.  Or anytime one of those teams plays Alabama or Oklahoma.

There's the underlying problem I have to contend with in this thread is.... how to deal with the OMG Cardinal/Crimson is cool club.

Normally I tend to look at styles that favor the teams and the only side I've gone out of the way for is actually Buffalo Bulls and Boise State.

I don't think it's that cardinal or crimson is so cool so much as a lot of schools that have those colors gradually shifted towards a much brighter red.  People aren't wrong for wanting their colors to be correct.

Alright, alright. We are going to save the cardinal/crimson debate for another day as it's time to update the thread.....

With the furthest northern team in the Big 12...

WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS
ACtC-3d6polMuJhXNWldcaPPypAMPhHVA7b4rr3E

ACtC-3flkQHqv2kDmmBjXrZCuAYkmgEauSPw0FFj

ACtC-3fQlVNppyJw0doab8eY5qPySS43mcSkCnYo

West Viriginia has three colors and they changed the uniforms recently but I don't like what Nike did... so I added some lines onto the sleeves that looks like the mountain... also no grey alt, I focused on the white, old gold and blue instead.

Archived