Heavy vs. The NCAA ((Part 145 - The Kings of Nothing)) THREAD COMPLETE!

heavybass

On 1/2/2021 at 3:07 PM, heavybass said:

Moving onto the Big 12 and in this colorful division... lies a dark part where roaming Cowboys roam the plains of Oklahoma... it's time to unveil the other Oklahoma team, the blackhats of...

OKLAHOMA STATE
ACtC-3cDRvlmSN1sKCfihEXqMnBvFuN0i2Retmwe

ACtC-3e8Ey1BbGBgmj1ahNB9KUuN-t4TKXf1nDsk

ACtC-3cOnViHNP4IKkkg9AQOFtUpQpiPM5w9bGG5

The Silver is suppose to be shiny in dark colors whilst Slate Grey is used for their white.... the Slate Grey in the White and the Silver in the Orange is representing their travel talents whilst the Black of their home represent their true dark selves.

Congrats though to Oklahoma State for winning their recent bowl game against Miami... their 7th in the last 10 years.

Looks a little to much like Oregon State Beavers in the shoulder harness design.

sms.gif

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New update and back to the Pac 12 for the other tream that plays in Arizona... when the Wildcats went dull, the Sun Devils emerged from being a joke and became legit contenders with a new image, a sharper uniform and an identity that doesn't mess around....

HERE COMES....

ARIZONA STATE
ACtC-3di8pIc7mV43lANygu0-wzRdqb_6AdsRZgL

ACtC-3enSkwSEZ5kaAPS6yJCdr14YapeVi32THty

ACtC-3cpjE_TuZdPYgOFb6XkB-Y1F_9W7qduU_Ba

The Sun Devils are the demons of the PAC... they are literally in the hunt for the last decade and this set reflects that mighty progress... yes I didn't have room for their recent retro.

Last team for now in the SEC because I'm going to finish off most of the FBS in a very large burst in the near future... so it's this team and then it'll be say Washington for the PAC-12... so anyway this former founder of the Big 12 was doing well for years until the untold riches tempted this side towards the SEC and in the East division, they have been in constant with the hunt so to speak against Florida, Georgia and Kentucky... as well as South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt...

MISSOURI TIGERS

ACtC-3c1odRI8tVxVEgE_XmyLoCZQsdqDslMWcZ6

ACtC-3cWqNm0ZRpnvgWCcvJWVVEIZBxkJMOFQt70

ACtC-3f24ijxAf7raYNbF_43ASnR0s4M7hpoXlAD

And now to wrap up this batch of Power 5 concepts... we go back AGAIN to the Pac 12 and for the other Washington team that is rivals to Washington State.....

WASHINGTON HUSKIES

ACtC-3f70k7igA94mFNMs-I8JgqnuF7sphDV1w4p

ACtC-3fUT4mMAqhAR1IPrjlOjkNY-T6L32v_wBeP

ACtC-3fJAPktOEeEsb1Hbb7BjY6xiAW3SZtIYQl0

The Huskies are a major Pac-12 powerhouse that competes often and competes well... before the dreaded college playoff was introduced, they managed to get in the top 4... which is probably why the NCAA is in absolute tatters because of it's preference to Alabama, Clemson and to Ohio State.

Next up will be the remaining 6 FCS powerhouses that are in stat, suitable to making the step up to FBS.

Now then.... returning to the FCS where we listed 6 top sides but there's 4 more on that list and then we have the top 2 in contention in stat wise because it's a surprise to a lot of people.... now then we return to Montana now for the other team beside State...

MONTANA

ACtC-3fq7Tbp_LzNtPVwU12VTwhIQVmOIq9fADaP

ACtC-3eqWs23jERbqhsd9se6mmyZimfT1a-nIAy2

ACtC-3fpT4JuC9Pp42wGpBL2iagv7B2D4Z1qxYEU

Might as well show off the #8 ranked team in the FCS....

VILLANOVA WILDCATS

ACtC-3eE1HBXnK4yIkNdgrPeva5Sb-d2bjE5UPan

ACtC-3eRXPZAiHOMLcGAHQNIK8jtnpnlejz_DP3g

ACtC-3evNn6w7cpwFUs2Y3oQP4_oKXHwE7DK8C0c

Just like UConn, they are a team in the Big East that is rising up as a football team, but they are one of the three big sides in Basketball alongside Baylor and of course... Gozanga.

But if they had a FBS conference, they would end up in the....

AMERICAN

ACtC-3driwEd40NnMdo_XtPiQUDLljCFrp4BPKZo

Now then to the team that is ranked #9 and the last of the Big Sky representatives... to a team that made it's playoff debut in 2019 and to a school on the west coast.... the hornets of

SACRAMENTO STATE

ACtC-3dJukS4sD4VkhiBXhPIdAVFUnZ0kpIG3a9h

ACtC-3fcCE1vaTVuOJw2tJmf1rtoJ2EoIecIooL5

So for Sacramento State... a school that calls itself the Hornets and doesn't have anything to do with the buzz? Kind of hard but then I remembered their university's S logo and applied that to the pants and also a callback to their previous look with a hornet design that looks cool.... so how do we make the Hornets much more appealing I figured... well... let's give them a Teal Alt!

ACtC-3cXLy3sYEgFqFziEk1p5GzBS3un0LlQF2hP
And like the previous three in the Big Sky... they go into the...

MOUNTAIN WEST

ACtC-3eHfybgqXxmyr8bpUg35832iiyFPUo2RybY

And to conclude the top 10 in the FCS stats-wise is a team in Illinois that don't dress like much but they prove themselves on the field weekly... a side that comes from the MVFC and the 4th one to represent... it's....

THE REDBIRDS OF ILLINOIS STATE

ACtC-3cDpoXLfC8PyZ5_YenJraAanu0vMqfXs5CH

ACtC-3f9DlHYLr35wsUAiRsSB4PY9VjVjthvbHvC

And because of the Redbirds nature when it comes onto the field.... the Ball State Cards have to watch out for these guys because they'll be placed in...

MAC

ACtC-3cSxS0Eb6eQdWje5Gjqku-S0qDfsokfrGZe

Before we progress further, I haven't had any feedback for a while so it be great to get some, what do you like from this batch on this page in particular... It's been difficult getting an idea for Sacramento State and Illinois State but if you look at their actual uniforms right now, one side looks terrible and the other team doesn't care about the looks that they get as long as performaces matter on the field.

That and the Redbirds would easily in a division that's considered the worst of the Group 5

And lastly I figured I do two teams at once because they're going to be in the same conference this year.... the newly expanded ASUN Conference and the two teams are...

CENTRAL ARKANSAS BEARS
ACtC-3dIyXvN0BH2uTdCinMAp5kyH6bhN92enxPC

ACtC-3c9r8fFxijkHK-a_3bbs3KFHCNOqWMW2jGj

ACtC-3eJ61eNTmIclmXOIn4WQT8Xua-OUVR8qPQT

The Bears needed an extra push as it were as their black wasn't intimidating enough so I experiment and discovered a very purplish black by accident and I figured that was perfect for a team that would be scary in the night... these Bears have their own field of sorts like Boise State but more/less jarring if you know what i mean.... they ranked #11 FCS stats wise and were the big kings of the Southland.

Their new rivals are ranked #12 and come from Georgia... they are known as...

KENNESAW STATE OWLS

l8-AL9i4XWiIhRDePfyHDOSb2liUudNPAdv0OD8U

xzPwPIf1B8b8RY6n61oUY0ARzgc76Mxrp6A2vd8j

Ire7vG1b8AE2HyOFDPk9RK7XKNMcdKnbmu1ebXvn

Kennesaw State is one of those teams that has a glossy gold, their own black and their own silver... this silver is bright enough to be it's own white and hey I needed something to stand out as they are the big team of the Big South but this year these two teams will be in the ASUN conference as it announced football plans for 6 of their teams... including Liberty.

For now these two teams were placed in the only league that made sense...

SUN BELT

ACtC-3cQ2VRTPDTRbHgUPgt-mcduU2XDD11j6xfN

lxC6Y8FKNhnaBCTKfLvPesKZReO2M9_aIK8e1dJW

Time to go back to the Group of 5 with a team that needed a traditional yet modern feel and look to a team that once housed Big Ben of Steelers fame... so now lets return to the MAC and return to the Miami of the North...

THE MIAMI REDHAWKS OF OHIO

ACtC-3c2bpwhUcKg6b8PVOOiDttDVJMBOxOPF3Aw

ACtC-3da5EYeVxJIzosx0jnQTf3FQ5MknYlO4kUR

The MAC is accoused of having a catalog look to their teams... I think it's a lack of creativity so with two colours as primary with black as their second... I went with the Alt logo as the main helmet and use the primary logo as pants mark.... and you have a look that is a fusion of tradition, modern, sleek and is a :censored: ton better than their actual look.

Well I figured if i did one MAC team... I'll quickly get another team done of the MAC and thankfully this team was quick enough to do, in this thread the Memphis Tigers are closely aligned with the Cincinnati Bengals in terms of looks.... then we come to the team that has worked out a deal with another NFL team, the Cleveland Browns. They are 2 hours apart and were able to go beyond the catalog look the MAC tends to have.

NOW WE UNVEIL!

THE BOWLING GREEN FALCONS

ACtC-3fqJurddnz0k96SyOiIiiaENimDCH7tf_5E

ACtC-3fBwrZ2vpZX-s60OoyTEts0rCzrpWjgeiJg

ACtC-3fkOkK0xwuZ8qGKRhoNKevaziEh7pNPSPST

The Browns and the Falcons agreed a deal where Bowling Green can use the look of the Browns but BG can use their own colors... provided they don't wear white pants at home or brown pants on the road, the Alt which has brown pants can only be used AT home, not on the road.

Back to the C-USA... the NCAA's worse FBS conference where talks of splits are happening but as this year proved, there is no good team in the conference, nothing has changed and the quality has gone to :censored:.

In particular this rivalry that is split by 100 miles of pure hate is evidence of such mediocrity... here are the....

MIDDLE TENNESSEE BLUE RAIDERS

ACtC-3cumEX2UBkCxv38iZ1Atd4CAJ2mTza8JdJ2

ACtC-3evfr1r8h_YoZLRx1JqqFig5QmZ2u-uUQtj

ACtC-3eSOBk4McqVr8NCQK5JucmrVNvNbSXYI5TM

And their close rivals....

WEST KENTUCKY HILLTOPPERS

ACtC-3fmFJq434R16zjoxx_zcaXKtKtU9HHGT4YL

ACtC-3fFNwXnRDIdD2BdkzuV1wMxeFUGgPBQdLSw

ACtC-3eqkGD26moS0HyU_mH2fybXbgx0Rp3757-I

Middle Tennessee

So I retained the Blue, White and Silver and eliminated the Black from the set... @mbannon92's sleeves for MT gave me inspiration to do my own version.

West Kentucky

So I mixed up @colinturner95's concept ideas for WK  and the previous team MT with essentially what I did for the Indianapolis Colts in concept form.... making their slate grey essentially become their black and the logo was changed to reflect the idea that it's white, red and slate grey.... in alt form, we have WHITESMOKE.... nearly gave it to the rest but people wouldn't know what 245,245,245 would offer to concepts.

I'm glad to see that people like WK and MT... i know the C-USA isn't much of a good league these days but there is one league though that is on the rise and is home to teams that have made the national scene such as Myrtle Beach's own Coastal Carolina and the Ragin Cajuns...

HOWEVER their concepts are for another time as we now unveil more FUN BELT TEAMS...

the first is a team that comes from a place called Munroe, LA...

THE WARHAWKS!

ACtC-3d-vSJBfkNcBFnKnl6vZm3BD5enCarEcW_w

ACtC-3efAA0PBGtjUwHiC1ZM2PO2mGxchvSuacHp

ACtC-3e-X8H8YKcrIKFGZVKuEYgam5SjT4LDT7LP

The Warhawks are an inspiration and I figured I would keep that theme in consistant.... also wings in pants.

The second fun team next up...

TROY

5pTWOV3FwdCFIxMqMTNivw00imDXBBfJaVgM62LD

QKCBOkoQcQwfZei9S41AgmQUrxg939AQtJK7dJsi

j35e_W_8-8pLrHUqisM9M-PzHxklc2AfIDpAvmmt

• 2 weeks later...

Let's go back to the American Conference now for two sides that are known for two colorful styles... the first is known as the Hurricanes of Oklahoma, a special kind of gold that makes the team well known... in fact this season they nearly put a stop to the Bearcats and they would of been the American champs... but they'll be content with not only a top 25 appearance but also the Western conference as well... first up.

TULSA GOLDEN HURRICANES

tLTNa2DvVslfwIgm3BtX0hFhU_EVAsu-qUrciqw5

IIoycmGVJU8_sZx7knehIO4cECSIKV3hdPNgHfga

56B6cC95QNKwEQ496r_1GoFswSCd_oadciztAzJM

And now we turn our attention to New Orleans as there is a special team that is not LSU that thrives on one particular theme... their color scheme that is very unique in all of sports, a green, a blue and white... heck they are in fact Houston Oilers esc but then they added black, anticrack and other colors that just dont work entirely...but they use Kelly Green as a secondary so I decided to retain that, the three colors mentioned and ditched EVERYTHING that doesn't fit.

Time for the...

TULANE GREEN WAVE

ACtC-3fuT7ezeDYPEsOVDc-t2FAFgcS08KVwn8Ip

ACtC-3emtT1lhSfHV6XE-jgktb3U-wc2Fuv04VTJ

jb0uPFyirKUG0RHsIOuRYJ3-DLUtIdjZwk3O5AkY

Let's update this shall we? It's Independant time and the next two teams are Independant.. and no I'm not talking about the Army... yet.

One team is a former member of the MAC whilst the other was kicked out of the Fun League....

First up is...

UMASS MINUTEMEN

ACtC-3eUYMoiJ3yKSCjYUAnzpbfkZT54e7RtasXQ

ACtC-3e0r51YY9m6mQ5Fg-jyq3bLeZvKQztJATtj

ACtC-3cDonkZhXsRqmx5S2PPdfO0w6CrwNEfyOxh

The Minutemen revealed a recent look that actually worked... a sort of basic classic uniform that heralds back to the old days, so I followed that and used Dark Red as the main base with White... Red is now their alt, no silver and no black involved... sort of like what the Cardinals did before their uniforms became the suck.

And now I feel proud of what I did here... for the former Fun League side known as...

NEW MEXICO STATE AGGIES

U--r2g50aQMy5vfgPkS2aqzGDcwHNSBqFgys8gTw

keXdz84PNTgQZiLuB9jr0QsRHx8K5Q8hoOoCYp1A

Iwivo011d6yO9rJME17lNjrb8kSTvpgPw8fXajKA

The Aggies are a member of the re-establishing FCS division known as the WAC but they are a FBS Independent so they'll stick with that until they get offered into another league... honestly these teams are targetted for expansion, the Minutemen are potential expansion choices for the American whilst the MWC might take the other New Mexico team into said league.

Also why go complex when you need a classic look as well, considering they once agaln looks like Colts, so ergo they should be treated by Colts.... the helmets are modernised with a logo that won't get the Cowboys of Oklahoma State into calling the lawyers.

The next three teams now leading up to glorious 100 will be the Armed Forces.... first team on that list is a Mountain West founder and known for their good clean uniforms... they are the high flyers...

AIR FORCE FALCONS

ACtC-3efQJnfJCP0aBI8KQUXotKHKbqTEpM5MvNC

ACtC-3cjPrVZevHYJlA3q0h_13VcuSQjNjLXxKSm

ACtC-3eqYqPkJtraGYPcKuvKU2wyV5dy3oLedeqn

The basis of this uniform comes from their set in 1985 where to date, not only the best year for this team but if it hadn't been for BYU... the Falcons would of claimed a national championship as well, so used this basis to create these uniforms... and for the Alt, I added the actual Air Force logo on a silver helmet... in fact White, Royal Blue and Silver are the colours of the Air Force and I didn't any special uniforms either... especially with their rivalry games against the Navy and the Army.

Also because they are armed forces, these uniforms have the US flag on them as it's kinda mandatory... same thing for Navy and Army.

On 1/27/2021 at 9:31 PM, heavybass said:

Time to go back to the Group of 5 with a team that needed a traditional yet modern feel and look to a team that once housed Big Ben of Steelers fame... so now lets return to the MAC and return to the Miami of the North...

THE MIAMI REDHAWKS OF OHIO

ACtC-3c2bpwhUcKg6b8PVOOiDttDVJMBOxOPF3Aw

ACtC-3da5EYeVxJIzosx0jnQTf3FQ5MknYlO4kUR

The MAC is accoused of having a catalog look to their teams... I think it's a lack of creativity so with two colours as primary with black as their second... I went with the Alt logo as the main helmet and use the primary logo as pants mark.... and you have a look that is a fusion of tradition, modern, sleek and is a :censored: ton better than their actual look.

It has a lot to do with the fact that none of their teams share design elements besides the university name and logos...I'm not a fan of this look. Take the marks off and this could be any team. There's a pretty unique pattern that the women's teams have been adopting in recent years, I don't know the meaning behind it, but it's pretty unique and could be used across all of their sports pretty easily if it's not gender specific.

Archived