NBA Retro Remix (Suns Added)

eibram

I did some remixes of old jerseys with the modern teams' brand/colors along with the nike template. Would any of these make a good redesign?

Let's start with the Bucks:

spacer.png

Here's a more boring one with the Bulls:

Bulls-01.png

spacer.png

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cavs have some great jerseys throughout their history, and a beautiful color scheme that really highlights them. Those ones in the top right, which I believe are from the 70s-early 80s?? look particularly sweet, you know the ones with that classic alternating stripe design down the side. They could literally drop those now and that would be a timeless, really cool set of jerseys. Looking forward to some teams with really interesting uniform history, New Orleans, OKC/Seattle, Atlanta, Utah, and Toronto should be fun ones. 

All of them are great, but 4th set of Bucks with Cream Alt, 1st set of Bulls (I hope one day they will use it as a 'classic' uniform), 2nd of Cavs are my favourite. With Celtics like you said, there is not so much option to do something with them. I'd like to see 3rd set back as a 'classic' too.

4r2eer.png

15 hours ago, eibram said:

Another boring one here:

spacer.png

Can't do much with these.

Have the Celtics ever had drop-shadowed letters or numbers on any of their on-court jerseys?

Thanks for not including any black on these.  The only other things I can think of would be deeper/thicker drop-shadows and using the Celtics fonts on these two logos, but the latter might become more of a concept rather than a mix.

21396482015.gif

21349502019.gif

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

Have the Celtics ever had drop-shadowed letters or numbers on any of their on-court jerseys?

Only their home jersey in the 1949-50 season:

boston-massachusetts-whole-show-lavelli-

I just added it to the road to have some variation.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, eibram said:

Wow, i never knew that.   Thanks!

17 hours ago, eibram said:

Btw can we even tell what is the color of this Celtics jersey? Obviously can't find a color photo, but i wasn't able to find a modern auction photo of an example of those.  They could still be white but just wanted to find out if anyone can confirm it (even though it is probably unlikely that they'd be light green and this being a color-on-color matchup).

Interestingly enough, I also found this 1950 photo with a different font.  Perhaps you could play around with that, as well.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1950-ed-leede-boston-celtics-press-13311225

1950-ed-leede-boston-celtics-press_1_a44

These are all great mashups! 💪

P.S.: When I think of the Clippers, the first thing that comes to my mind is the cursive script at the front. The set on the center will be the closest thing the Clippers can get to go fully traditional.

P.P.S.: Super awesome work on the NBA Jersey Database, though. You've done a lot of research. I don't have a Tumblr account, so I'm gonna post it here: I hope you can update soon the color of the numbers in the Atlanta Hawks' icon uniform (supposed to be volt outlined in red).

Archived