XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

1 hour ago, Skycast said:

Β 

I'm seeing this comment all over the place...bunch of Veruca "I want it now" Salts is what pops into my brain. They will roll out information, patience is a virtue.

Easy there slick. I'm not asking for uniform and logo sets. I don't think a shortlist of markets is too much to ask though.Β 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SpidersReorg said:

@IceCap

Β 

According to the Wikipedia article on the 2023 XFL season, they're dropping New York, Los Angeles, and Tampa, and replacing them with San Antonio, Las Vegas, and Orlando.

Β 

So my Seattle Dragons merchandise isn't worthless? Nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:
6 hours ago, SpidersReorg said:

According to the Wikipedia article on the 2023 XFL season, they're dropping New York, Los Angeles, and Tampa, and replacing them with San Antonio, Las Vegas, and Orlando.

Β 

So my Seattle Dragons merchandise isn't worthless? Nice!

Β 

I wore my New York Guardians cap today in memory of the lost team.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

8 hours ago, SpidersReorg said:

@IceCap

Β 

Β 

Las Vegas is interesting because for years they have been one of the go to cities of alternative football (CFL during their failed US expansion, XFL 1.0 and UFL) and for the last two seasons they have sat at the big kids table and are now dipping back into the Alt football pool it seems like.Β Β 

9 minutes ago, heavybass said:

also RIP the Guardians if its true... pressing f for that nice set.

Hopefully the names may stay the same, they'll just move cities. Originally I heard Dallas or Houston might be the team that moves to San Antonio. Houston most likely because the Gamblers would likely be playing out of TDECU Stadium or BBVA. That name is probably changing anyway because of the issues with the NFL and Oilers trademarks. I hope they kept the colors and helmets though.

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Β 

Las Vegas is interesting because for years they have been one of the go to cities of alternative football (CFL during their failed US expansion, XFL 1.0 and UFL) and for the last two seasons they have sat at the big kids table and are now dipping back into the Alt football pool it seems like.Β Β 

Las Vegas doesn't make sense to me because I can't see them playing at Allegiant unless they tarp off half the stadium. Moving the Wildcats to San Diego would be more believable, since the Aztecs stadium will be available.Β 

Β 

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

18 hours ago, SpidersReorg said:

@IceCap

Β 

Anything can be posted to Wikipedia...i wouldnt say those changes are a lock yet.

7 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

No more wildcats!!!! I feel like dancing.

Unless they redo those teams I'd expect Wildcats to get a new helmet logo only. But completely redoing the entire brand makes more sense if it moves to San Diego and they go with a localized branding idea instead. But I think the intent from the beginning was coming up with names that could travel. Thus Defenders could have been used in any city near a major battle, Guardians can be used in areas that are known for Art Deco design and Vipers works just about anywhere in the US.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

• 1 month later...

https://prowrestling.net/site/2022/05/17/the-xfl-announces-broadcast-deal-with-abc-espn-networks-and-fx/

ESPN, ABC and FX will be the landing place for XFL games next spring.

https://xflnewsroom.com/news/the-rock-seemingly-confirms-xfl-will-play-in-host-cities-for-2023-return/

After looking at the USFL, XFL will probably be skipping hub city concept.Β 

https://xflnewsroom.com/news/tdecu-reportedly-set-to-host-xfl-in-2023-houston-will-return/

Houston Roughnecks expected to play out of TDECU Stadium, as they did in 2020.Β Β 

Β 

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β