XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

10 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Battle hawks look like they will return too.

I hope that's true. The excitement here in St. Louis for that team was surprising and incredible. I bought tickets to bring my boys to their next home game until the pandemic killed it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Did you expect them to put together a strategy that's predicated on the likelihood of the league not lasting that long? 

I would have gone 2 years with options for years 3-5, which ESPN would pick up if the XFL lasts for more than 2 years.

35 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I would have gone 2 years with options for years 3-5, which ESPN would pick up if the XFL lasts for more than 2 years.

I suppose that's fair. But even then, I would presume contract length in these circumstances is as much a marketing ploy than it is a guarantee. Having a five-year deal in place might be enough to get sponsors to come on board, or make them willing to hear a pitch. 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 7:24 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

No surprise that this is where they land. After all, ESPN hasn't covered the USFL at all. Here's why.

ESPN doesn't cover you unless they broadcast you. It's not necessarily because they're partnering with the XFL but I'm sure that helped.

• Like 2

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

ESPN doesn't cover you unless they broadcast you. It's not necessarily because they're partnering with the XFL but I'm sure that helped.

Agreed. I foolishly think of Sportscenter as a news show about sports. On that basis, I expect it to cover things that ESPN doesn't cover (like the NHL in the past, Arena Football when it was still worth saving, the USFL now). I'm wrong of course, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't bug me.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Probably Greeny. 

Maybe him and Diana Russini, who I think covered the XFL 2.0 a bit two years ago.  That might be it, because I can't see any of the other ESPN NFL folks wanting to talk about the XFL.  

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 10:46 AM, gosioux76 said:

I hope that's true. The excitement here in St. Louis for that team was surprising and incredible. I bought tickets to bring my boys to their next home game until the pandemic killed it. 

My cousin's husband and I were gonna go to that game, but hadn't bought tickets yet. They were opening up the upper level of seats at The Dome because of the demand for tickets.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, McCall said:

My cousin's husband and I were gonna go to that game, but hadn't bought tickets yet. They were opening up the upper level of seats at The Dome because of the demand for tickets.

They were hosting LA, which had some significance as well. I was gonna make the drive over to the game after seeing the first game in Arlington. And then Covid happened. 

On 5/22/2022 at 8:52 AM, McCall said:

Yes! Those were the seats we bought. My kids aren't really football fans, but the spectacle of it all, plus the inexpensive tickets, made it seem worthwhile. 

It's not very often that a spring league football team generates so much fan interest that local vendors produce gear based around a chant created by fans. I've never quite seen a new team from a fringe league take a city by storm the way the BattleHawks did. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Yes! Those were the seats we bought. My kids aren't really football fans, but the spectacle of it all, plus the inexpensive tickets, made it seem worthwhile. 

It's not very often that a spring league football team generates so much fan interest that local vendors produce gear based around a chant created by fans. I've never quite seen a new team from a fringe league take a city by storm the way the BattleHawks did. 

spacer.png

Yeah I was gonna print a shirt to wear that said "KA KAW MF".

• LOL 1

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/report-xfl-teams-cities-and-logos-coming-june-1st/

2023 locations, logos and names coming next week. 

Also,  teams will all practice in Dallas during the season, then fly out to the home team's stadium and back after the games. At least the San Antonio flight is like 45 minutes from the door closing to it landing in San Antonio.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png