Washington Football Team, Lets Make It Permanent!

Moseph

22 hours ago, CTFanDan said:

MOD EDIT: This thread is about the concept in the original post, not about the general WFT situation.

Whoever is moderating this thread didn't read what I wrote and what others wrote. Others are commenting on the name of team as well and you didn't get rid of what they wrote. My point was being that if they had to change the name then I am fine with just Washington Football Team. Then based on sticking with the name I proceded to give an idea to that might be a good change to helmet logo in the design concept.

I’ve always seen them as burgundy and gold. They SHOULD be wearing gold pants at home, burgundy on the road. 

I stand by that I believe they should have a nickname, but if they keep the WFT I like this direction. Good stuff.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 10/1/2020 at 8:19 PM, Moseph said:

I've been a fan of this franchise for years so its been a little weird not having an official name, but I've come to embrace the idea of the Washington Football Team. It seems like the favorites among fans for a new name is Redwolves or Red Tails, but I'm not really into either one as I don't want a full rebrand, I'd rather continue the legacy of the last 88 years without feeling like an expansion team. I read an article where Snyder admitted he's opening to keeping the Football Team name full time if fans embrace it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just does whatever he wants anyways. I've always loved the uniforms and colors so I was happy to see them relatively unchanged, but the one thing they mess with was the helmet and its a huge downgrade! With my concept, I brought the helmet back to its former glory, added a a pair of throwback uniforms, and put my own spin a secondary logo idea I saw on these boards a few months ago.

Lets start with the primary uniforms, I've brought back the gold pants full time at home because they are the burgundy and gold after all. I've also changed the helmet by bringing the stripes back because it looks so plain and boring without them. I've also dropped the terrible numbers from the side and replaced it with the primary W logo. I also added stripes to the burgundy stripes to the socks to match the jersey. The road uniform goes untouched because its such a classic look.

JQzumCs.jpg

I've kept the white pants as an alternative as well that way there are options. I've always thought the white on white look was very clean and reminds me of my favorite times watching this team during the Gibbs 2.0 era. They were never that great despite a couple of playoff runs, but that defense was exciting to watch!

K2dHAwY.jpg

Now its time for some throwbacks. Washington has had some really nice uniforms in the past but the one helmet rule really limits what you can do here. The 70th Anniversary is one of my favorite looks and I like the current one as well but hate the look of the two shades of burgundy together. That leaves the 70s as the only good option here so I went for both a home and a road look and switched the facemask to gray for an accurate look. If they ever get rid of the one helmet rule you could easily bring back the yellow helmets with these sets or go with one of the previously mentioned uniforms.

n0x8O4m.jpg

Here is a helmet render

rDApeiW.jpg

And finally, the secondary logo. I saw someone else make a version of this here on the boards earlier in the year. Originally I made the football burgundy with gold stars and stripes but decided to change the colors around so it would match closer with the actual DC flag

DAw7tgq.jpg

Hail To The Team!

By the way, I meant to ask if there was any way that you could please create a version of the uniforms above, but in red, white and blue colors?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 1:40 PM, sflcat said:

I'm wondering what the secondary logo would look like if the ball itself was burgundy with gold or white (or a combination of the two) highlights for the laces, stars and bars.

I thought about mocking that up but went the direction I did that way it would be more reminiscent of the DC flag

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

Archived