2020-21 Club Rugby Kits

kiwi_canadian

Someone mentioned that club rugby should be in the international kits topic but, like soccer, there are way too many. So here is a thread for the club rugby kits. Starting off with the Pro 14 in Europe and South Africa:

Benetton (Italy):

img_3613.jpg

img_3614.jpg

Zebre (Italy):

ejperkmxsaakfcj-1.jpg?w=723

Cardiff (Wales):

c1d60c4d-c0a7-4ae0-a402-a5fb76425457.jpg

Dragons (Wales):

ejpj3kdx0aatbye.jpg?w=1024

Ospreys (Wales):

news_image.jpg?w=723

Scarlets (Wales):

ejonukwxkaavjmr.jpg?w=723

Connacht (Ireland):

jcf16727-2.jpg?w=723

Leinster (Ireland):

efxnbshwsaau-yy.jpg

img_3616.jpg?strip=info&w=1159

Munster (Ireland):

57876210z2.jpg?w=723d7kbjpvw4aexd4q.jpg?w=723

Ulster (Ireland):

ei1z-9gx0aa3amd.jpg?w=1024

Edinburgh (Scotland):

eimhktdxkaedmch.jpg?w=723

Glasgow Warriors (Scotland):

website_herolaunch-1.jpg?w=723

The lone South African team, The Cheetahs, are asking fans to pick their new away jerseys.

The Cheetahs are asking fans to choose their new away shirt

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shout out to the Irish for not letting ads destroy the overall look of most of their kits

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few more English Premier teams:

The Sale Sharks:

elvyaxyw0aivvsj.jpg

elvzut3xuai1pdg.jpg?w=1024

Bath's away and European kits:

img_3894.jpg

London Wasps:

img_3874.jpg?w=1024img_3875.jpg?w=1024

Fun fact: I had legendary Wasp player Trevor Leota as a coach here in Edmonton for a couple of years with the Nor'Westers. Great guy and loved the game so much he would play all divisions in a weekend when he could.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:02 PM, jonny24 said:

That Glos jersey would look SO GOOD, without the ads all over it. There are good ways and bad ways to do ads, unfortunately Glos and their Welsh neighbours tend to be pretty bad at it.

Also, Gloucester  (used to be my team when I was back in England) were the cherry-and-whites, and that shirt needs more white on it. The ads and two-tone red conspire to make it look terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Toronto has had some success with their kit since they began. They are also the only team with 3 kits; a home, away and Sunday home (which was last year's away). Little disappointed that Atlanta didn't use their snake head logo as their primary though... On a separate note, the Harlequins  have released their 3rd kit as part of Adidas' Parley line. That's the one that uses ocean plastic waste to make the fabric for their jerseys. All of the New Zealand based Super Rugby teams have their alternate kit made with this stuff and I believe the NHL All-Star jerseys are made from it as well.

436045.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A quick update to the Toronto Arrows 2021 home kit. Fans were not happy about the kit and one of the few times that a club listened to their fans, they made changes.

ta_jln_web-.png

And a bit of an odd one but Barcelona has a range of sports associated with their club like basketball, handball and ice hockey. They even have rugby and have one of the nicer kits and are manufacturered by Nike.

vo191111a61789_-_bararugbi-uesantboiana3

2019-01-13_santboianavsfcbrugby_32.jpg?w

This was their previous kit:

amhxgmnc.jpg?w=1024

Some nice kits all around in my opinion. Another thing of note is that Nike is being rumoured to be getting out of the sport of rugby. I think that Argentina is the last nation to be kitted by them and Toulouse in France is one of the final clubs. Saracens were kitted by them but will be switching to a new manufacteror next season.

Archived