2020-21 Club Rugby Kits

kiwi_canadian

The Super Rugby season about to start at the end of the month and we are starting to see the new kits for the upcoming season. The first to show off their new kit is the Canterbury Crusaders. They changed their logo last season because of the Christchurch Mosque shooting but it was too late to put it properly on their kits. This year they have the same template but the new logo on the jersey. Their away jersey is new and it looks like the NZ based clubs are doing away with the Adidas Parley theme and going with their own colours rather than the blues and greens for all clubs.

235991_main_0844863.jpg?w=1024235991_gallery_2_0844865.jpg

235992_main_0850975.jpg?w=1024

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this is union only, but as a league fan I'll toss this link of every NRL club's kits for the season which is getting underway now (with trial matches, Premiership action starts in a month).

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/list/nrl-2021-jerseys-rugby-league-home-away-alternate/bx45iglei8po1tjdeyn0hqp37

Big news is obviously The Milk being back for Canberra, whose shirts are totally different with a new navy blue shoulder. Castore make their NRL debut by taking over the Storm shirts- Storm should be able to go home to Victoria this year after having to be based out of QLD last year, not that it stopped them winning the Premiership. Wests will be wearing Orange on the road again.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:55 AM, alexandre said:

I don't know if this is union only, but as a league fan I'll toss this link of every NRL club's kits for the season which is getting underway now (with trial matches, Premiership action starts in a month).

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/list/nrl-2021-jerseys-rugby-league-home-away-alternate/bx45iglei8po1tjdeyn0hqp37

Big news is obviously The Milk being back for Canberra, whose shirts are totally different with a new navy blue shoulder. Castore make their NRL debut by taking over the Storm shirts- Storm should be able to go home to Victoria this year after having to be based out of QLD last year, not that it stopped them winning the Premiership. Wests will be wearing Orange on the road again.

I miss Canterbury making the NZ Warriors kits. They always did a good looking jersey and I prefer the old black, white and red kits... And I still rather enjoy those South Sydney Rabitohs jerseys. Russle Crowe knows a good kit.

14 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

I miss Canterbury making the NZ Warriors kits. They always did a good looking jersey and I prefer the old black, white and red kits... And I still rather enjoy those South Sydney Rabitohs jerseys. Russle Crowe knows a good kit.

Yeah, the Warriors seem to alternate their colours often. I'm not certain why, I'm a new-ish fan. I support the Bunnies, so those are definitely my emotional favourites. Despite the rivalry though, I think the Chooks always look good too- curious to see what they'll be wearing this year.

51 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

I am not feeling the same way about the Rabbitohs. I mean, the red and green stripes are fine enough as a primary kit. But do they need one with black trim (and bunny) and one with white?

I saw, I came, I left.

The other NZ based Super Rugby teams released their away kits for the upcoming season.

Up first the Hurricanes based out of Wellington:

578310.jpg?w=819

The Highlanders from Dunedin:

578302.jpg?w=768

The Chiefs from Hamilton:

578305.jpg?w=819

The Blues from Auckland:

578306.jpg?w=819

And the Crusaders from Christchurch (which was previously posted):

578303.jpg?w=819

The Super Rugby season is off and running (and unfortunately for us fans here in North America, don't have a boradcaster to watch it... Boo TSN) Anyways, here are the Australian teams new kits. A surprise is the Melbourne Rebels who hasn't had a new kit in a few years.

Brumbies:

es4pbq5vkae-me9.jpg?w=10242021-0226-gameday-guide.jpg

Western Force:

uf6ezieh.jpg?w=1024

Melbourne Rebels:

web-banner-home-big-2_3024x-1.jpg?w=1024

Queensland Reds:

2021-queensland-reds-mens-replic-copy.jp2021-queensland-reds-mens-replic.jpg?w=1

New South Wales Waratahs:

launch2-old-shop-banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That QLD away jersey is really nice.

Absolutely love the Arrows Academy logos. I suspect in a few years elements of it will migrate to the senior team logo, the blue+white oval logo is a little generic compared to a lot of their recent marketing/promotional graphic design work.

I hadn't heard anything about fans not being happy about the home jersey, to me it just seemed to be a response to the overwhelming popularity of the new collared+hooped away kit. 

• 3 months later...

No so much a club but a competition change. The Pro14 circuit is rebranding after allowing the 4 former South African Super Rugby franchises to join their competition. Recently they completed the Pro14 Rainbow Cup with the Couth African clubs playing in their own pool and the remaining 12 clubs playing in Europe. (final is this weekend with Italy's Benetton vs. the Vodacom Bulls from South Africa) Anyways, starting next year they will be known as the United Rugby Championship. Here is the logo:

99bfb3a7-3725-4833-ba55-4767e888e3e9.png

The teams in the competition are Edinburgh and Glasgow Warriors from Scotland, Scarlets, Ospreys, Cardiff Blues and Dragons from Wales, Munster, Connacht, Leinster and Ulster from Ireland, Zebre and Benetton from Italy and the Sharks, Stormers, Bulls and Lions from South Africa. I think the main reason for South Africa joining this compatition was because of travel to Australia and New Zealand and the TV times in South Africa are in line with Europe.

Here's the old logo for reference:

250px-Pro14_Logo_2017.svg.png

24 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Pretty boring logo for an event called “The Rainbow Cup”

Rainbow cup was a one year thing.

It's United Rugby Championship now, changed from Pro14

For the record, I'm not a fan of it.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 10/28/2020 at 9:38 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

A few more English Premier teams:

The Sale Sharks:

elvyaxyw0aivvsj.jpg

elvzut3xuai1pdg.jpg?w=1024

Bath's away and European kits:

img_3894.jpg

London Wasps:

img_3874.jpg?w=1024img_3875.jpg?w=1024

Fun fact: I had legendary Wasp player Trevor Leota as a coach here in Edmonton for a couple of years with the Nor'Westers. Great guy and loved the game so much he would play all divisions in a weekend when he could.

Wasps usually have great jumpers and these just prove beyond a doubt they're out in front of the other English sides.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• 2 weeks later...

The Toronto WolfPack have announced a new kit supplier when they start up in the North American Rugby League.

E5i3ri9XoAQuhVv?format=jpg&name=medium

They have previously been supplied by Kappa, ISC and BLK before the pandemic hit.

On a side note, after looking at the NARL store, it seems all of their gear is being supplied y Macron. Perhaps they have a deal with them to supply all of the teams for their first season in 2022.

https://macronstorect.tuosystems.com/stores/narlleague

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some more:

Northampton Saints away: Sublimated names of fans on the jerseys

E66kWHrWUAArLWw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E66kYETXsAIgYtO?format=png&name=900x900

Leicester Tigers:

E66VFgyXsAYQJXY?format=jpg&name=medium

E61kVmEXMAE-pPo?format=jpg&name=large

Stormers vs. The B & I Lions:

E52KOqNVgAEjuej?format=jpg&name=large

Some logo news, the London Wasps is changing their look.

Old:

E6qKKEzXMAITtPk?format=jpg&name=240x240

New:

E6qKKEvXEAMm9Kq?format=jpg&name=medium

And the Sale Sharks will be switching to Macron for the upcoming season.

Archived