kiwi_canadian

2020-21 Club Rugby Kits

The Super Rugby season about to start at the end of the month and we are starting to see the new kits for the upcoming season. The first to show off their new kit is the Canterbury Crusaders. They changed their logo last season because of the Christchurch Mosque shooting but it was too late to put it properly on their kits. This year they have the same template but the new logo on the jersey. Their away jersey is new and it looks like the NZ based clubs are doing away with the Adidas Parley theme and going with their own colours rather than the blues and greens for all clubs.

235991_main_0844863.jpg?w=1024235991_gallery_2_0844865.jpg

235992_main_0850975.jpg?w=1024

I don't know if this is union only, but as a league fan I'll toss this link of every NRL club's kits for the season which is getting underway now (with trial matches, Premiership action starts in a month).

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/list/nrl-2021-jerseys-rugby-league-home-away-alternate/bx45iglei8po1tjdeyn0hqp37

Big news is obviously The Milk being back for Canberra, whose shirts are totally different with a new navy blue shoulder. Castore make their NRL debut by taking over the Storm shirts- Storm should be able to go home to Victoria this year after having to be based out of QLD last year, not that it stopped them winning the Premiership. Wests will be wearing Orange on the road again.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:55 AM, alexandre said:

I don't know if this is union only, but as a league fan I'll toss this link of every NRL club's kits for the season which is getting underway now (with trial matches, Premiership action starts in a month).

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/list/nrl-2021-jerseys-rugby-league-home-away-alternate/bx45iglei8po1tjdeyn0hqp37

Big news is obviously The Milk being back for Canberra, whose shirts are totally different with a new navy blue shoulder. Castore make their NRL debut by taking over the Storm shirts- Storm should be able to go home to Victoria this year after having to be based out of QLD last year, not that it stopped them winning the Premiership. Wests will be wearing Orange on the road again.

I miss Canterbury making the NZ Warriors kits. They always did a good looking jersey and I prefer the old black, white and red kits... And I still rather enjoy those South Sydney Rabitohs jerseys. Russle Crowe knows a good kit.

14 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

I miss Canterbury making the NZ Warriors kits. They always did a good looking jersey and I prefer the old black, white and red kits... And I still rather enjoy those South Sydney Rabitohs jerseys. Russle Crowe knows a good kit.

Yeah, the Warriors seem to alternate their colours often. I'm not certain why, I'm a new-ish fan. I support the Bunnies, so those are definitely my emotional favourites. Despite the rivalry though, I think the Chooks always look good too- curious to see what they'll be wearing this year.

51 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

I am not feeling the same way about the Rabbitohs. I mean, the red and green stripes are fine enough as a primary kit. But do they need one with black trim (and bunny) and one with white?

The other NZ based Super Rugby teams released their away kits for the upcoming season.

Up first the Hurricanes based out of Wellington:

578310.jpg?w=819

The Highlanders from Dunedin:

578302.jpg?w=768

The Chiefs from Hamilton:

578305.jpg?w=819

The Blues from Auckland:

578306.jpg?w=819

And the Crusaders from Christchurch (which was previously posted):

578303.jpg?w=819

The Super Rugby season is off and running (and unfortunately for us fans here in North America, don't have a boradcaster to watch it... Boo TSN) Anyways, here are the Australian teams new kits. A surprise is the Melbourne Rebels who hasn't had a new kit in a few years.

Brumbies:

es4pbq5vkae-me9.jpg?w=10242021-0226-gameday-guide.jpg

Western Force:

uf6ezieh.jpg?w=1024

Melbourne Rebels:

web-banner-home-big-2_3024x-1.jpg?w=1024

Queensland Reds:

2021-queensland-reds-mens-replic-copy.jp2021-queensland-reds-mens-replic.jpg?w=1

New South Wales Waratahs:

launch2-old-shop-banner.jpg

That QLD away jersey is really nice.

Absolutely love the Arrows Academy logos. I suspect in a few years elements of it will migrate to the senior team logo, the blue+white oval logo is a little generic compared to a lot of their recent marketing/promotional graphic design work.

I hadn't heard anything about fans not being happy about the home jersey, to me it just seemed to be a response to the overwhelming popularity of the new collared+hooped away kit.