Calgary Flames Go “Full Retro” with New Uniforms for 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a great piece from FlamesNation that touches on the process, how long the Flames have been contemplating this move, other options they explored, why they're keeping the black C jersey as an alt

This thread isn't about the Canucks.  Give it a rest already.

One of the things I enjoy most about Canucks-Flames games is the contrast between the red and yellow hot colours and the blue and green cool colours. With the return of the throwbacks I cant think of

1 hour ago, Iron Lion said:

Flames announcement at 9am MST tomorrow to see what they will wear next year

Everyone’s expecting the retro red and yellow version that they have busted out as alternates, but I’ve got a horrible-nothing to back it up-hunch saying black flaming horse face throwback makes an ugly reappearance

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

Everyone’s expecting the retro red and yellow version that they have busted out as alternates, but I’ve got a horrible-nothing to back it up-hunch saying black flaming horse face throwback makes an ugly reappearance

Oi, you put some respect on Blasty, boy. Next to the retros, that 2004 set is by far the most popular Flames set among the fanbase, and I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if Blasty's a full-time secondary again considering all the recent Blasty merch that's shown up.

 

A large amount of Flames fans love Blasty. I think it coming back as either a third or a secondary logo is practically inevitable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Oi, you put some respect on Blasty, boy. Next to the retros, that 2004 set is by far the most popular Flames set among the fanbase, and I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if Blasty's a full-time secondary again considering all the recent Blasty merch that's shown up.

 

A large amount of Flames fans love Blasty. I think it coming back as either a third or a secondary logo is practically inevitable.

I guess you could put my take down in Unpopular Opinions then😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Iron Lion said:

Flames announcement at 9am MST tomorrow to see what they will wear next year

 

Unfortunately, I'll be shocked if it's not full-time throwbacks. IMO, the Flames look way better with black in the color scheme. 2003-2007 was pretty close to the ideal look for them.

 

Weirdly, I love the Chiefs' uniforms, the classic Rockets and Hawks look, etc. But I've never liked pure red/gold/white on the Flames.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

 

Unfortunately, I'll be shocked if it's not full-time throwbacks. IMO, the Flames look way better with black in the color scheme. 2003-2007 was pretty close to the ideal look for them.

 

Weirdly, I love the Chiefs' uniforms, the classic Rockets and Hawks look, etc. But I've never liked pure red/gold/white on the Flames.

 

Black on the Flames is like red added to the Bruins' and Penguins' uniforms. The only black, yellow-gold and red uniform that's acceptable are the Canucks' Skate uniforms.

Red, yellow-gold and and white look great on a hockey team and what team other than the Flames?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wanted Calgary to fix their current black look, and go back to the 2004 style. That being said, these are still great jerseys. I think they have the perfect opportunity to bring back the 2004 look as an alternate now though.


Edit: I see they will be using their current homes as an alternate? That's.....not exactly what I meant. That's just lazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I see they will be using their current homes as an alternate? That's.....not exactly what I meant. That's just lazy.

I expect it to just be a one-year deal. Popowich has been teasing Blasty's return being ramped up for years, Blasty's being used on merchandise again and the fanbase absolutely adores it.

 

I'd be stunned if we didn't soon see Blasty make a comeback on an actual jersey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I expect it to just be a one-year deal. Popowich has been teasing Blasty's return being ramped up for years, Blasty's being used on merchandise again and the fanbase absolutely adores it.

 

I'd be stunned if we didn't soon see Blasty make a comeback on an actual jersey.

 

Blasty merchandise is pretty minimal on the team's store (flamesport.com)

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

why

cut.jpg

 

I'd assume it helps them clear out their stock of the black C jerseys without having to discount them. It's like when Edmonton went full time retro but kept the initial Edge monstrosities around as an alternate for a year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

why

cut.jpg

 

I still prefer the black outline on the red 'C', but after all these years I still would have prefered that "alternate" to have a white 'C' instead of a black 'C' (and do away with the flags)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CS85 said:

The alternate black C is stupid, but the Flames will finally look like the Flames again.  It's about damned time.

I mean, these jerseys are just incredible;

spacer.png

The retros are nice, but these are my definitive Flames jerseys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

Man, even when the Flames get it they don't fully get it.

I'd expect this to be a one-off and then we get either A.) Blasty or B.) the 2004 red as a third jersey. Popowich has been hinting at Blasty getting increased prominence in the brand for a while.

 

That's too prominent an era for the Flames to ignore completely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.